Impossible question.....I can't answer. So I guess why am I posting? Off top of my head right now 5 songs I have to hear (in no order)- Jungle, SCOM, NR, Estramged and YCBM. Reasons- the AFD songs- I just remember when I 1st heard those.....wow! The UYI's- those are kick ass songs for diff reasons for me. They bring up memories. Vivid memories.

Edited by Estranged1

I'm just trying to make my final selection. Here's what I got for my top five...

5. Mr. Brownstone: Their best song to hear live when the crowd is dancing and just losing it...

4. Paradise City: The GNR song pre-loaded on every jukebox. Enough said...

3. Rocket Queen: The best bridge they ever wrote and Adler's best work as a drummer AND live sex sounds.

2. Welcome to the Jungle: Primal, their entrance theme, and probably the most vicious song to emerge from "hair metal," ever.

1. Sweet Child: Biggest hit. A positive long song, which was rare for them. Greatest intro in rock history and WHAT a solo (second one)

What about all of you? Try to give reasons!

Let's not forget about other popular threads on this forum... like:

-List your top 10 GNR songs

-List your top 20 GNR songs

-List your top 5 GNR songs

-List your top 15 GNR songs

Never thought I'd say this but... newbies. Cripes. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5. Sweet Child O' Mine - It's just pure classic rock royalty. from the vocals to the music, the guitar solo is so epic every time you hear it. It appeals to both genders equally.

4. Civil War - Probably their most mature song. It's incredible and seems to be the one GnR songs even those who don't like GnR, like.

3. November Rain - has probably been my favourite GnR song since I heard it. For me it's loaded with nostalgia more than any other GnR song.

2. You Could be Mine - THE song that not only made me a GnR fan but also turned me from casual music listener to actual fan of music.

1. Welcome to the Jungle - Not necessarily my favourite but arguably the greatest intro ever. It compases the band and everything about them and is track #1 in the catalogue so what better way to introduce the band

Honorable mentions : One in a Million, Estranged, Nightrain, Dead Horse, Coma, Rocket Queen

1. Welcome To The Jungle -Perhaps their most iconic song. The epitome of rock n' roll, if you ask me.

2. Estranged -This is the opposite of generic songwriting.

3. Coma -One of their most experimental songs. Love the contrast between the dreamy and heavy parts.

4. Nightrain -It was a hard decision between this one and You Could Be Mine. But in the end Nightrain just puts me on a better mood.

5. Sweet Child O Mine -Love the lyrics even if their a bit cheesy. One of their most positive songs.

Honorable mentions: November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry, It's So Easy, Better

1. Nightrain

2. WTTJ

3. November Rain

4. Sweet Child O'Mine

5. Paradise City

But these are not my favorites except Nightrain of course. These songs just encapsulate what Guns was about in many ways and all 5 songs are songs you can listen and go: "yeah, no one else could have written these tunes".

5 - November Rain

4 - Patience

3 - Think about You

2 - My Michelle

1 - Don't Cry

The problem is that it just changes as at the moment i cant stop listening to November Rain, but also got back into listening to Chinese Democracy and was listening to the spaghetti Incident non stop last week. Love the Buick Mackane cover!

GN'R Top 5

1- Paradise City

2- Welcome to the Jungle

3- Civil War

4- Bad Obsession

5- Dead Horse

And just for fun...

Slash's Snakepit Top 3

1- Serial Killer

2- Back and Forth Again

3- Beggars and Hangers-on

Velvet Revolver Top 3