1. Welcome To The Jungle - It's just a cool fucking song, isn't it? Everything about it is just perfect and I never get bored of it live.

2. Coma - A masterpiece. Great riff, great solo, evocative lyrics which conjure very strong imagery.

3. Locomotive - GNR firing on all cylinders, great riffing and solos, amazing piano outro.

4. My Michelle - Epic sleazy riff, awesome vocal delivery. Just a cool song in every way.

5. Shacklers Revenge - Love the demonic vocal delivery, the infectious hook, the weird-ass solo, Ron's insane tapping at the end, best CD song imo.

Honourable mentions - November Rain, Better, Breakdown, Rocket Queen, Catcher In The Rye

Edited by Towelie

For me... no particular order. Top 5 sucks. There are so many that have their own epic feel and their own soul...

Easy

SCOM

Jungle

November Rain

Brownstone

Others that could easily sub into these spots based on my mood...

Estranged

Patience

This I Love

PC

Yesterdays

Edited by Braxon Raine

I'm just trying to make my final selection. Here's what I got for my top five...

5. Mr. Brownstone: Their best song to hear live when the crowd is dancing and just losing it...

4. Paradise City: The GNR song pre-loaded on every jukebox. Enough said...

3. Rocket Queen: The best bridge they ever wrote and Adler's best work as a drummer AND live sex sounds.

2. Welcome to the Jungle: Primal, their entrance theme, and probably the most vicious song to emerge from "hair metal," ever.

1. Sweet Child: Biggest hit. A positive long song, which was rare for them. Greatest intro in rock history and WHAT a solo (second one)

What about all of you? Try to give reasons!

Let's not forget about other popular threads on this forum... like:

-List your top 10 GNR songs

-List your top 20 GNR songs

-List your top 5 GNR songs

-List your top 15 GNR songs

Never thought I'd say this but... newbies. Cripes. :rolleyes:

get over yourself

In no particular order

- Mr. Brownstone

- Out Ta Get Me

- Nightrain

- It's So Easy

- Rocket Queen

I have found that I am definietly in the minority here when it comes to the UYI material. I am not big on November Rain, Estranged, Breakdown, and all the ballads. To me, GN'R is a straight up, badass, 5 piece band that plays heavy, blues inspired rock. That is the reason I much prefer the early Appetite material.

• Like 1