Forum Upgrade Thread - Report/Discuss Problems Here

downzy

On 09/04/2016 at 6:06 PM, 31illusions said:

For several days now I cannot stay logged in. I use a home PC. I have to log in twice and when I look at a different page it logs me out. Very frustrating.

This happening today on both - mobile and pc (mozzila and chrome browsers) - but just on "GUNS N' ROSES - DISCUSSION & NEWS" section.

every time I go there - seems like logged out - but when I browse to some other section I am logged in.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having trouble with this site on several computers, my mobile and all major browsers ever since that April 1st crash. In fact I'm to the point of having to clear my cookies every few minutes or it doesn't stay updated and It defaults back to the April 1st topics and logs me in/out at random.. Any solution?

1 hour ago, Sprite said:

I've been having trouble with this site on several computers, my mobile and all major browsers ever since that April 1st crash. In fact I'm to the point of having to clear my cookies every few minutes or it doesn't stay updated and It defaults back to the April 1st topics and logs me in/out at random.. Any solution?

So you're saying that you have to clear your cookies every few minutes or you're served a version of the site from 30 days ago? Regardless of the browser or device you use?

Can't say I have seen or heard of that issue sorry. Sounds like a caching problem. Are you sure you're describing it right?

On 4/30/2016 at 2:32 AM, highvoltage said:

So you're saying that you have to clear your cookies every few minutes or you're served a version of the site from 30 days ago? Regardless of the browser or device you use?

Can't say I have seen or heard of that issue sorry. Sounds like a caching problem. Are you sure you're describing it right?

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late response.

Yes that is what I'm saying. It's actually quite baffling. I thought maybe it was something with my phone. I ended up having to do a hard reset for other reasons, which I hoped would fix it but it did not. I tried Safari, Chrome and firefox- all are defaulting to that April 1st layout right before the crash where it tells me "AxlRosefan4life" commented 1 minute ago in that April 1st show. I think it was right before or after the crash that it was posted, and for whatever reason it keeps defaulting back to that.

Here is the real kicker, I have changed locations at my job twice in the last 2 weeks, and it's still happening on each new work computer. My first login was yesterday at my newest computer.. same issue. If I clear the cache/cookies it updates correctly and I can see the most recent topics and replies, but it doesn't update after that. Like it just stops updating. Then if I close the window and return later, sure enough it's defaulted to the April 1st layout again.

I just made a post on page 587 of the social media update thread. I can't even see it now, unless I clear my cache/cookies again. Yet while I was writing this, I did receive a notification that someone quoted me. I'm very confused.

It's certainly frustrating but what can you do you know? I'm not very proficient in computers outside of standard web browsing/ work, so it's definitely possible I've done something wrong. But I've never had an issue with this site prior to that April 1st crash. Not sure what else I could tell you.. I understand if there is nothing to be done- it confuses me too! 

4 hours ago, Sprite said:

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late response.

Yes that is what I'm saying. It's actually quite baffling. I thought maybe it was something with my phone. I ended up having to do a hard reset for other reasons, which I hoped would fix it but it did not. I tried Safari, Chrome and firefox- all are defaulting to that April 1st layout right before the crash where it tells me "AxlRosefan4life" commented 1 minute ago in that April 1st show. I think it was right before or after the crash that it was posted, and for whatever reason it keeps defaulting back to that.

Here is the real kicker, I have changed locations at my job twice in the last 2 weeks, and it's still happening on each new work computer. My first login was yesterday at my newest computer.. same issue. If I clear the cache/cookies it updates correctly and I can see the most recent topics and replies, but it doesn't update after that. Like it just stops updating. Then if I close the window and return later, sure enough it's defaulted to the April 1st layout again.

I just made a post on page 587 of the social media update thread. I can't even see it now, unless I clear my cache/cookies again. Yet while I was writing this, I did receive a notification that someone quoted me. I'm very confused.

It's certainly frustrating but what can you do you know? I'm not very proficient in computers outside of standard web browsing/ work, so it's definitely possible I've done something wrong. But I've never had an issue with this site prior to that April 1st crash. Not sure what else I could tell you.. I understand if there is nothing to be done- it confuses me too! 

That's OK. I'm sure there is a logical explanation that we will get to the bottom of - but nothing is immediately springing to mind.

I will have a think and I might contact you via PM if I get any ideas. That's definitely very strange and isn't consistent with anything I've seen to be honest. Especially if you've tried a new browser/computer.

At a stretch - could you try registering another account and see if that behaves the same way?