GnR b-sides, Soundtrack, and other rare officially released songs

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

....was never officially released. Bring It Back Home wasn't, either.

Neither was Heartbreak Hotel, to whoever mentioned that.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Heartbreak Hotel is available through the band's official iTunes catalog

5 hours ago, badapples13 said:

If you go on iTunes and look up Axl,Izzy,Duff,Slash,Steven ( not necessarily that order, start with axl and see what comes up) you will find a different version of Nice Boys and Heartbreak Hotel. 

Cant wait for Vegas on April 8!?????'s n ?'s

Totally forgot about those, but i think they should count.

All the West Arkeen songs like Crash Diet, Sentimental Movie, Bring It....,  Just Another Sunday, Too Much ..., were not GNR songs, they just featured members of GNR.  The same tape also contained demos for Bad Obsession, The Garden and Yesterdays, those did of course turn up on UYI.  None of these were ever officially released.

Heartbreak Hotel, Nice Boys etc. were never officially released, not even on Itunes or Spotifiy.  They're bootlegged demos.  Also, everything released by the Cleopatra label is in effect a bootleg, and not an official release.

Civil War is indeed exactly the same version on both Nobody's Child and UYI II, but it was mixed and mastered with the rest of the UYI, as was KOHD from Days Of Thunder (which is also the same take but does have some differences ).

Yesterdays and KOHD were released on Live Era, remixed or not.  If we disinclude Civil War for being 'exactly the same', we should also disinclude Yesterdays and KOHD for the same reason.

Under My Wheels is not a GNR song.  If we include it, we should include every song which features a member of GNR, which means we include stuff from Gilby's first album, Teddy's album, I Will Not Go Quietly by Don Henley, stuff from Iggy Pop's Brick By Brick album,  it never ends ...

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Never heard that alternate Brownstone before. Obviously it's not as cool as the standard version but still a great find. Thanks!

Heres the download https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zv791vh6v9yvvzy/AABMhCuGO_5YJ0Y4Xod0G4Wfa?dl=0

Source: Alan Niven's "Under My Heal" CD

Lineage: Original CD > Direct copy > Exact Audio Copy > WAV >
         Trader's Little Helper > FLAC (level 6)

Exact Audio Copy log and Trader's Little Helper Checksum file included

Tracks:
1. Salt Off The Earth with The Rolling Stones
   (Recorded At The Trump Plaza Atlantic City 1989)
2. Under My Wheels with Alice Cooper
   (Recorded At The Long Beach Arena in 1987)
3. Mista Brownstone
   (The Original Mix By Alan Niven and Michael Lardie)
   - Mixed At Total Access Redondo Beach in 1987. This was the
     first song from the Appetite Sessions to get an accepted
     mix

Edited by Gibbo 27

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Spotify maybe? I think they've had a few bootlegs like Live On Air and maybe Ritz? I don't think it was ever on itunes though.....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ilo15oy13qr0bg0/AADXI6mM8QkO-_UYx4PpX74Fa?dl=0

Source: Alan Niven's "Jumpin Ax Flash" CD

Lineage: Original CD > Direct copy > Exact Audio Copy > WAV >
         Trader's Little Helper > FLAC (level 6)
Tracks:
1. Jumpin Jack Flash
2. You're Crazy
3. Reckless Life
4. Heartbreak Hotel
5. Shadow Of Your Love
6. Welcome To The Jungle
7. Move To The City
8. Mama Kin

Edited by Gibbo 27

22 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

All the West Arkeen songs like Crash Diet, Sentimental Movie, Bring It....,  Just Another Sunday, Too Much ..., were not GNR songs, they just featured members of GNR.  The same tape also contained demos for Bad Obsession, The Garden and Yesterdays, those did of course turn up on UYI.  None of these were ever officially released.

Isn't that a circular argument in the sense that 'The Garden', 'Bad Obsession' et al. weren't Guns N' Roses songs also but became Guns N' Roses songs by default of their adoption on Use Your Illusion and in the setlist. Theoretically 'Crash Diet' could have been included on Use Your Illusion in place of 'Yesterdays' and we would not flinch calling 'Crash Diet' ''GN'R'' and discussing ''Yesterdays' in the manner of ''not a GN'R song but an Arkeen demo featuring member(s) of GN'R''.

On February 2, 2016 at 11:45 AM, spliff said:

crash diet not mentioned? 

edit nvmd "officially released"

Well it was officially released by ashphalt ballad (I think that's how it's spelled) with Axl on backup vocals so it's worth a mention 

So let's go over this again to make sure we have everything and also where to find it

1.  Ain't Going Down ( pinball machine )  have no idea where to find a complete version

2.  It's So Easy ( live at the Marquee ) Live from the Jungle Japanese EP

3.  Knockin' On Heaven's Door (live at the Marquee) Live from the Jungle Japanese EP

4.  Whole Lotta Rosie (live at the Marquee)Live from the Jungle Japanese EP

5.  Knockin on Heaven's Door (Days Of Thunder soundtrack mix)

6.  Knockin on Heavens Door ( live at Freddy Murcury tribute) cd single, included on live era in a different mix

7.  Shadow of Your Love (LLAS sessions)Live from the Jungle Japanese EP

8.  Shadow of Your Love (Sound City sessions) Live and Let Die single

9.  Mr Brownstone (alt mix) cd single

10. Civil War ( Nobody's Child comp)  I thought this was a rougher mix than UYI2 maybe I was listening to a poor old cassette recording, if it is the same, it should be taken off the list

11. Dont Cry (Demo) don't cry single

11. Live and Let Die (live at Wembley) cd single 

12. You're Crazy (alt acoustic version) cd single

13. Yesterdays (live in Las Vagas) cd single, on Live Era in a different mix 

14. Coma (live in Omaha) -> included on live era Japan version and Vinyl 

15. Sympathy for the Devil (Interview With The Vampire soundtrack )  included on greatest hits

16. Oh My God (End Of Days soundtrack)

17. Sweet Child O Mine (big daddy end titles version)

there is also Knockin on Heavens Door from the UYI single disc, same as the album version with the phone call removed

I think this is everything.  If any of this is available on the internet somewhere, and hasn't been posted yet, please post.  Unless they do some vault cleaning, this is the closest thing we will get to a new album from the original band, most of which we have heard in one form or another

• Like 1