[CONFIRMED] - Mexico City at Foro Sol - April 19th & 20th (SECOND SHOW ADDED!)

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Crazy how these are all insta sell outs. The tour is going to be HUGE

I don't think we'll be seeing this in the States. They'd need a huge opening band and decent prices to do this in markets besides Toronto,NYC etc which were strong even for Faux-GNR. 

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

On February 9, 2016 at 10:49 PM, malabuva said:

Thats in theory, but the reallity is that the tickets sold out during the pre-sales. For the Stones, maiden and Coldplay all the tickets SOLD out during the pre-sale.

My guess is that when the public sale starts on Wednesday before noon, they will anounce the official SOLD OUT.

I hope that Eddie Money is right and that leads to a second show here in Mexico City.

I know this is a couple pages back, but I felt the need to address the fact that you said those shows sold out during the presale. It's blatantly false. I know for a fact Maiden did not sell out during the presales because I had to get tickets for friends during the general sale because their cards were declined. Not to mention I had to get my tickets to the second Mexico City gig during the general sale. Mexico took a long time to sell out - we've been discussing it on the Maiden Fan Club since tickets went on sale. Ticketmaster gives the same message when a presale allotment has sold out as when the whole venue has sold out, because all of the tickets available at that time have sold out. 

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Nah...

The US shows will sell out just as fast if the pricing is similar to these shows.

Wanna bet? What cities are we talking?  Of course NYC,Toronto etc will do well. Billboard has been pretty much spot on with their info so prices will most likely not be as cheap as Mexico. 25 stadium shows is Taylor Swift territory, I just don't see it happening.

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

Wanna bet? What cities are we talking?  Of course NYC,Toronto etc will do well. Billboard has been pretty much spot on with their info so prices will most likely not be as cheap as Mexico. 25 stadium shows is Taylor Swift territory, I just don't see it happening.

I've already got a bet going with Towlie that I'm probably going to lose, so I don't need to get more bets going lol.

Having said that, my original point was that they would easily sell out if it were as cheap as Mexico. In your reply you said "prices will most likely not be as cheap as Mexico", so we're not on the same page anyway.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I know this is a couple pages back, but I felt the need to address the fact that you said those shows sold out during the presale. It's blatantly false. I know for a fact Maiden did not sell out during the presales because I had to get tickets for friends during the general sale because their cards were declined. Not to mention I had to get my tickets to the second Mexico City gig during the general sale. Mexico took a long time to sell out - we've been discussing it on the Maiden Fan Club since tickets went on sale. Ticketmaster gives the same message when a presale allotment has sold out as when the whole venue has sold out, because all of the tickets available at that time have sold out. 

Well perhaps for the Maiden show, and thats because not everyone is interested on hear new music. But for the other bands, and not just rock bands also for sports events. If you dont buy your tickets on presale 90% of the time you won't find tickets on general sale. 

46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Nah...

The US shows will sell out just as fast if the pricing is similar to these shows.

I hate to think what it will be like getting tickets for the first European or UK show, especially if we are made to wait a good while. If the powers that be are reading, two nights in Manchester please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

He said if the prices are similar to these shows.. If they are similar, then I agree. Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case.

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

He said if the prices are similar to these shows.. If they are similar, then I agree. Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case.

What makes you say that?  I think the pricing will be very similar.  Coldplay's pricing for Mexico City is very similar to GnR...and for soldier Field their high end tickets are $180 down to $26.  I believe GnR will be in line with that for US stadium shows

Just now, tsinindy said:

What makes you say that?  I think the pricing will be very similar.  Coldplay's pricing for Mexico City is very similar to GnR...and for soldier Field their high end tickets are $180 down to $26.  I believe GnR will be in line with that for US stadium shows

The fact that I paid $280 for a somewhat half decent ticket.

• Like 1

Well fuck me its completely sold out and since I don't have the required credit card I couldn't buy on the presale.

I'm still going to Vegas but I'll be damned if I don't go to my local concert as well, now I'm thinking of buying Nightrain membership to avoid the same thing happening for the second date, does anyone know if it gives you instant access to the presales? Or is it some shit where you have to be a longtime member?

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

The fact that I paid $280 for a somewhat half decent ticket.

Dude, I like you and all....I really do.  We share the same first name.  But, you do understand the difference between an Arena and a stadium right?  Especially an arena in Vegas?

3 hours ago, alfierose said:

I hate to think what it will be like getting tickets for the first European or UK show, especially if we are made to wait a good while. If the powers that be are reading, two nights in Manchester please.

Yes, please! Manchester has a great atmosphere, and I'd prefer it to a big stadium down south.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Vegas is an arena show and the price will obviously be different (plus it's their first shows). Apples and oranges.

Arena show or not it still cost about 2-3 times more than other headlining rock acts.. Why would it suddenly be different for a Stadium? The prices maybe be different but still 2-3 times more expensive than the market value for comparable bands? I paid like $110 (fees included) for 9th row AC/DC tickets in a sold out Stadium over the summer which was a steal. I don't see why Guns N' Roses won't try and triple those prices. Hopefully I am 100% wrong and the prices reflect the Mexico prices. 

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Arena show or not it still cost about 2-3 times more than other headlining rock acts.. Why would it suddenly be different for a Stadium? The prices maybe be different but still 2-3 times more expensive than the market value for comparable bands? I paid like $110 (fees included) for 9th row AC/DC tickets in a sold out Stadium over the summer which was a steal. I don't see why Guns N' Roses won't try and triple those prices. Hopefully I am 100% wrong and the prices reflect the Mexico prices. 

Personally I think the Vegas prices are greatly inflated for a number of reasons.

It's Vegas.
It's a new arena.
It's the first 2 shows with Axl & Slash on stage together in 24 years. 

I could be wrong, but I honestly see the stadium tour pricing in NA being closer to the pricing in Mexico than the Vegas shows. Obviously I could be completely wrong, but that's what my current guess is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Dude, I like you and all....I really do.  We share the same first name.  But, you do understand the difference between an Arena and a stadium right?  Especially an arena in Vegas?

Seriously, tomass. We get it! Shut up about the prices!

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Seriously, tomass. We get it! Shut up about the prices!

Tell me to shut up, stfu or whatever one more time dude. You've done it a few times now and I have taken the high road. I was just replying to a discussion on ticket prices. Get over yourself, ignore my posts, stop singling me out and being a dick. Not everyone has to wear Rose colored glasses all the time. If you choose to, that is awesome.. I won't tell you to shut up..

4 hours ago, Kill_YourIdols said:

Well fuck me its completely sold out and since I don't have the required credit card I couldn't buy on the presale.

I'm still going to Vegas but I'll be damned if I don't go to my local concert as well, now I'm thinking of buying Nightrain membership to avoid the same thing happening for the second date, does anyone know if it gives you instant access to the presales? Or is it some shit where you have to be a longtime member?

I'm pretty sure everyone who joins gets the same access regardless of join date but you can call or email Wonderful Union (the company behind the fan club)to know for sure. If all you want is ticket access you are better off going for the $25 digital membership rather than the deluxe package with merchandise.