[CONFIRMED] - Mexico City at Foro Sol - April 19th & 20th (SECOND SHOW ADDED!)

On February 12, 2016 at 3:15 PM, jtopicz1 said:

So, coming from FL and got tickets to the April 20th show.

On the "International Will Call" page, it says that I will need to pickup tickets 1 hour prior to the show, which is fine. But in my email confirmation, it says 48 hours prior. I am arriving in Mexico Tuesday night, so that wouldn't be possible. Anyway around this? Not sure why there is conflicting information.

Also, not until I got the email confirmation did it state that I need an "embossed" credit card to pick up the tickets. Mine is the new flat printed / chip style card.

Any suggestions? Hate to just not use the tickets...

I know I'm a little late responding to this, but better late than never. When I got my Maiden tickets for Mexico it said the 48 hours thing only applied to domestic orders (i.e. on a Mexican-issued card with a Mexican billing address) - the one-hour-before pickup scenario is for foreign transactions, so that's what you'll do to pick up your tickets. You're fine :)

12 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

it seems cool  about 100.000 people in two days for a band without PR, commercials and ther stuff that killed music industry! :headbang:

I think Facebook and Twitter counts as promotional channels.

With 30 million likes to the GNR Facebook page, that's a pretty good audience when you put up the videos promoting the shows.

It might even be the main promotional channel for most artists.

100,000 in two days in Mexico City is amazing!

• Like 1

Long shot, but hoping someone familiar with Ticketmaster Mexico can help!

I purchased two tickets for the 20th during the nightrain presale. Unfortunately, my card is flat (not embossed) and I read you need an embossed card to pickup the tickets. My bank issued me a new card that IS embossed, however it has a different number.

I contacted Ticketmaster Mexico online at the link I was directed to to change the credit card associated with the tickets, which I filled out. It said I would have confirmation in 48 hours, and that time has passed.

Today, when I logon to my Ticketmaster account, I see a new line on the order confirmation that reads "*7 checar tjt e iden MX $1.00" Is it safe to assume this reflects the change of card and the MX $1 was to "authorize it." I would call, however my Spanish is lacking, so I wouldn't get very far!

Actually will be more than 100.000 people, that place its for 65.000 oficcialy,  but ive been told they put 70.500 tickets con sale for this, so we're talking about 141.000 people un two days.  

And no, facebook dosnt count barely as a decent promotion. Just helps a little.  Real deal promotion?  They didnt do it YET.  ( just think this plus new álbum, couple of nice official videos, tv comercials, some press conferences, interviews, and perhaps some special little something on vma's.. Now that its a 2016 regular promotion. Some other artists adds some bs scandal or whatever with evefything i just said )  

Ir guns do that?  Well. Theres no venue big enough.

Remember, it aint no random performer. This is GUNS N' FUCKIN ROSES

10 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

And no, facebook dosnt count barely as a decent promotion. Just helps a little.

How do you know this? If it weren't for social media, where did all of the ticket holders get to know about these concerts?

Press releases played a part I agree.

• Like 1

On February 17, 2016 at 0:53 PM, jtopicz1 said:

Long shot, but hoping someone familiar with Ticketmaster Mexico can help!

I purchased two tickets for the 20th during the nightrain presale. Unfortunately, my card is flat (not embossed) and I read you need an embossed card to pickup the tickets. My bank issued me a new card that IS embossed, however it has a different number.

I contacted Ticketmaster Mexico online at the link I was directed to to change the credit card associated with the tickets, which I filled out. It said I would have confirmation in 48 hours, and that time has passed.

Today, when I logon to my Ticketmaster account, I see a new line on the order confirmation that reads "*7 checar tjt e iden MX $1.00" Is it safe to assume this reflects the change of card and the MX $1 was to "authorize it." I would call, however my Spanish is lacking, so I wouldn't get very far!

If you haven't cleared this up yet, Ticketmaster.mx does have an option to view the page in English, that may shed a bit more light on this issue.

On 2/19/2016 at 6:36 AM, sonofnazareth said:

this mexican gig is so random. 

actually not really 

i'll go on the record sayiing MEXICO is truly the number 1 guns capital of the world as far as fans are concerned, i mean maybe brazil is up there but mexico takes the cake 

just looking back at the 90s everywhere you went in markets were gnr shirts on sale and gnr accesories 

not to mention all the songs you'd hear over the juke boxes and radios of random gnr mixes 

furthermore if anyone has ever been to a concert in Mexico City, they will know it is by far the best place as far as cumulative energy is concerned as the crowds are extremely passionate 

going to both SHOWS!!!

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 2

On 18/2/2016 at 2:31 AM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

im very much looking forward to this show, bringing various friends from canada etc to it, we are going to be a large crew

AMMM, tell me if im wrong..... you and your friends will come to foro sol wich day? 19 or 20?? i will go april 20 in NARANJA B section...... , im from monterrey mexico....