[CONFIRMED] - Mexico City at Foro Sol - April 19th & 20th (SECOND SHOW ADDED!)

8 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Is $100 considered a good deal for a top ticket there?  Is that similar to what Metallica charged?  Looks like their show was pretty packed.

It's about the same price as the Maiden gigs I'm going to in Mexico City next month. They're doing 2 nights at the Sports Palace this year though instead of their normal stop at Foro Sol (The venue GN'R is playing). For comparison, the Maiden tickets for Mexico are maybe 20% cheaper than the US prices. 

29 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Is it bad that I'm tempted to look into this for $90...

If I wouldn't have to fly over from Europe again and if I wouldn't have a different engagement during that time, I would be looking into doing this. ;-) I really wanna do South America though, should that happen towards the end of the year.

4 minutes ago, valengf said:

For those like me who are not going to travel to US or Mexico, do you think there will be a livestream of the show? 

Coachella would be the most likely. But I wouldn't say it's a given that anything will be streamed. 

• Like 1

This is really exciting!
This show definitely makes it clear that we're talking about a GN'R tour and not 2 Vegas Nights, a Festival then goodbye!

Hopefully the boys will make it over to Europe and Scandinavia more specific (at least for me) sometime soon... Otherwise I guess I'll have to visit my relatives in North Carolina ;) 

1 hour ago, TKesseli said:

They are not playing around. A massive tour must be on the way. The shows are being announced one by one. This is the best way to sell out each and all of them.

Classic AEG move. They have been doing the Stones shows for the last few tours. Holding back tickets for shows is another trick used to create demand. The Vegas shows say that they are not officially sold out but no tickets available at this time. They are the masters of getting the most money for the tickets.

Edited by BigD62
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is this how it is going to be, one date announced every two weeks? What a load of balls! How can one choose the more convenient show geographically for them, and begin planning an itinerary accordingly? You may splurge on location A only to find B announced in your own backyard! They can stick that system up their arseholes.

I agree completely but it seems to be the plan...or at the least, a few dates at a time...

Maximum profit for them = major inconvenience for us...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I wonder what the US prices would be for stadium tour based off of this.

I think it's gonna be closer to Vegas prices than Mexico's, even tough it's an arena in Vegas, not stadium.

I bet they trickle here and there but a full tour would be announced before Vegas. Reason being why risk any bad press. What if they are not that great sounding or if it is just the same old same old antics and rumors start to spread. That might hurt future sales, Guns is now on top of the mountain and it would be very wise to start selling tickets to a full tour before their first show so nobody can say anything negative. 

Another thing these prices show what my theory has been all along that Guns is charging a flat rate and it depends on what the seating capacity is divided by whatever Guns charges to what determines the ticket. Foro Sol looks to be a capacity of 26k but that is not including the field at all. I bet they can fit another 30k easily on the field therefore being able to charge less. That is roughly 2.5 times more people than Vegas and the prices seem to be on the same page as 2.5 x $90 brings to $225 at a Vegas show. Also certain economy's might ply a little part as in Vegas I am sure they know the can charge an extra $30 a ticket just because they can for example. 

It strikes me as far more inconvenient than simply announcing a tour in toto. All that will happen is one of two things: either a lot of people will be traveling great distances to see something that is actually being played down the road, or, everyone will merely offload their location X tickets for location Y (à la Coachella) so you will see this massive exchange of tickets going on which will make scalpers out of us all! (I suppose the real beneficiaries of the system are the recipients of those mystic 'surcharges' and 'booking fees'). Neil Young's upcoming European Tour was announced together so I know this system has not become prevalent. I had the choice of the most convenient location and chose accordingly in the old manner.