Art Of Anarchy To Release Album, Tour With New Singer

Funky.Monkey

Bad choice IMO. I loved the first AOA album. Stapp is a good singer on the low notes, but he can't hit the high ones like Welland did. Obviously they needed a big name but I'm sure they could've gotten someone better. It'll be interesting to watch this play out... I'm hoping they can get some radio airplay because they are a solid band... it's strange to me to replace one dysfunctional singer with another one though.

He does seem committed to the project though, which is more than we can say about weiland. Their first album was doomed as soon as weiland distanced himself from it.

A new interview with Scott Stapp where he talks about joining AOA, replacing Scott Weiland:

The band includes Stapp, Disturbed bassist John Moyer, former Guns N’ Roses guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and brothers Jon and Vince Votta on guitar and drums, respectively.

“I’m excited to be working with some new artists and musicians,” Stapp said. “I loved meeting the guys and thought we could make some great music together. Working with completely different musicians who come from completely different backgrounds is going to create its own unique sound. I’m really looking forward to it.” 

The notion of Stapp replacing Weiland is eerie considering both ’90s singers were popular death pool choices for the better part of the past decade. Stapp said he didn’t have any reservations about filling in for Weiland.  “No, man, not at all,” Stapp said. “There was no nervousness whatsoever. I’m just excited to be a part of this band.”  

“I take ownership and responsibility for the things that I’ve done,” Stapp said. “Some of that just comes with the territory and comes with success, so I don’t give it too much credence. I just focus on the people who like the music and support me.” 

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/may/12/demon-free-scott-stapp-returns-to-concer/

• 2 weeks later...

New album in October according to Scott Stapp:

Fox Buisness: What's your plug?  

Scott Stapp: Ah man, I’ve got a few things going on, I’ve got  a new record coming out in October with a new group of guys that I did a project with called  “Art of Anarchy” and I am always writing man so I have new material in the works for next year.

• 2 months later...

From Scott Stapp:

Stapp was recently named the new lead singer of the supergroup Art of Anarchy, following the death of former vocalist Scott Weiland, of the Stone Temple Pilots. Art of Anarchy also includes guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal formerly, of Guns N’ Roses, bassist John Moyer of Disturbed, guitarist Jon Votta and drummer Vince Votta.

“Those guys approached me and asked me if I wanted to be involved. We had a few meetings; we got together and jammed a little bit, and after those meetings and jamming, I decided to do it,” Stapp said. “I thought it would be a good project to get involved with. I love collaborating with new musicians and artists, and it’s something different.”

http://www.cvindependent.com/index.php/en-US/music/previews/item/3205-stable-again-after-a-breakdown-creed-s-scott-stapp-is-getting-his-life-together-and-is-back-on-the-road

While on tour, Stapp has been a busy man recording for a new project with a new band called Art of Anarchy which features John Moyer of the band Disturbed, Ron “Bumblefoot” Tahl formerly of Guns N’ Roses, Jon Votta and Vince Votta.  

Stapp said the first single of the new project is releasing in October of 2016 with the album releasing in March of 2017.

http://www.chickashanews.com/news/stapp-brings-his-big-arena-rock-show-to-chickasha/article_59a9aab0-55c8-11e6-992b-d7cfe87a8690.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad to see Bumblefoot rocking. I always liked that guy and hope the best for him. This Art Of Anarchy stuff doesn't really sound like my kind of music though and personally I prefer Bumblefoot's singing voice over Scott Stapp's voice. I like Ron's GNR contributions and I like his song Hands. That's the kind of experimental stuff I would personally like to hear from him more. But as long as he's having fun, that's what matters the most.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...