Art Of Anarchy To Release Album, Tour With New Singer

Funky.Monkey

AOA - The Madness

Billboard Rock Mainstream : #27

WKS ON CHART : 12

On 25/01/2017 at 7:50 PM, Silent Jay said:

C3CWOyfVEAAmpEV.jpg

The wait is finally over #TheMadness, is officially set for a March 24th release.

On 25/01/2017 at 9:16 PM, Silent Jay said:

01. Echo Of A Scream
02. 1,000 Degrees
03. No Surrender
04. The Madness
05. Won't Let You Down
06. Changed Man
07. A Light In Me
08. Somber
09. Dancing With The Devil
10. Afterburn

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2016 at 0:19 AM, BorderlineCrazy said:

Holy shit! How come an awesome singer like Scott Weiland gets replaced by guys like Chester Bennington and Scott Stapp? I hope now that Slash and Duff are back in GNR, they'll forget the idea of bringing VR back to life FOREVER.

Who will they get to replace Weiland in The Wildabouts? Jon Bon Jovi?

I think Slash N Duff realised they couldn't replace Scott in VR

ART OF ANARCHY are among the musicians who will perform on Comedy Central's new comedy and music series "The Comedy Jam", premiering March 22 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.

Watch your favorite actors and comedians make their rock and roll dreams come true in "The Comedy Jam".

April 19

* Bert Kreischer, Scott Stapp and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal performing "Higher" by CREED
* Taryn Manning and Phil Collen performing "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by DEF LEPPARD
* Hal Sparks and Sebastian Bach performing "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC

On 2/24/2017 at 8:21 AM, Silent Jay said:

The live perfromance was a lot stronger, Ron overproduced it imo. This album is going to be kickass, Stapp's great.

Definitely. The Studio version of No Surrender is lacking imo. It sounds kinda stale. The live version sounded awesome though! Stapp should have done away with the harmonies and kept the one vocal line like in the live version.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:40 AM, Silent Jay said:
David showed us his ideas for melodies, it was his musical idea for the chorus melody :)

Here goes the opening song for the album, decent track, absolutely love the verses, very catchy, kinda Weiland-ish. The pre-chorus sucks, it does sound like Disturbed and I hate that band. The chorus isn't very great lyrically. 

Yeah, those verses definitely sound like a tip of the hat to Weiland. Not a bad little song.

No Surrender is the best song so far though.

On 3/11/2017 at 1:40 AM, Silent Jay said:

*******************Here goes the opening song for the album, decent track, absolutely love the verses, very catchy, kinda Weiland-ish. The pre-chorus sucks, it does sound like Disturbed and I hate that band. The chorus isn't very great lyrically. 

lol I thought the pre-chorus was cool. I like the whole "shotgun rhythm" (guitar strumming in sync with double bass type thing) that they're doing

Scott brings a breath of fresh air and great chemistry with the band it just works amazingly. The album is very easy to listen to, only 37mn long, I guess you can fairly say very radio friendly. All killer, no filler mentality, one cover - Somber.

I'm quite disappointed with the fact there are no songs longer than four minutes or without the same pattern (2x Verses 2x Choruses 1x solo...), because this band is talented, and they could achieve greater without being that generic at things. They have a Bumblefoot, and other than like Afterburn, 1K Degrees or Somber, there aren't much of guitar solos going on, definitely under-used.

I very much liked it, it rocks stronger than the debut album. 

1. The Madness 5*
  2. Afterburn 4.5*
  3. Somber 4*
  4. No Surrender 4*
  5. Changed Man 3.5*
  6. 1000 Degrees 3.5*
  7. Echo Of A Scream 3.5*
  8. Won't Let You Down 3*
  9. Dancing With The Devil 2.5*
  10. A Light In Me 2.5*
Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:08 AM, Silent Jay said:

Scott brings a breath of fresh air and great chemistry with the band it just works amazingly. The album is very easy to listen to, only 37mn long, I guess you can fairly say very radio friendly. All killer, no filler mentality, one cover - Somber.

I'm quite disappointed with the fact there are no songs longer than four minutes or without the same pattern (2x Verses 2x Choruses 1x solo...), because this band is talented, and they could achieve greater without being that generic at things. They have a Bumblefoot, and other than like Afterburn, 1K Degrees or Somber, there aren't much of guitar solos going on, definitely under-used.

I very much liked it, it rocks stronger than the debut album. 

1. The Madness 5*
  2. Afterburn 4.5*
  3. Somber 4*
  4. No Surrender 4*
  5. Changed Man 3.5*
  6. 1000 Degrees 3.5*
  7. Echo Of A Scream 3.5*
  8. Won't Let You Down 3*
  9. Dancing With The Devil 2.5*
  10. A Light In Me 2.5*

I didn't realise Somber was a cover... who did the original? I  rate them very differently to you....

1. No Surrender 5

2. Afterburn 4.5

3. Echo Of A Scream 4

4. Dancing With The Devil 4

5. Changed Man 3.5

6. 1000 Degrees 3

7. A Light In Me 3

8. The Madness 3

9. Somber 2.5

10. Won't Let You Down 2.5

I agree that there is a big onus on sounding radio friendly and the album feels a bit too short in places. Overall, I prefer the debut, but then Weiland was one of my favourite rockstars of recent times and I really think he had something special. Transitioning to a new singer is always difficult for a band, but I think they've pulled off a decent effort with The Madness.