I like Riad N The Bedouins. There I said it.

I preferred the leaked version.

Intro is a waste of effort.

Riff is good but song needed slowing down ever so slightly with riff played a little more sleazily. Aaaah-aaaah-aaaah bits not good.

7/10 from me.

would love to hear the early non protools version.

Honestly? loved it since the first time I've heard it live on the internet. The riff is fuckin' nasty in an excellent way. The lyrics came from a lunatic, and I've always imagined it will sound very close to the studio version. What else? the solos on the demos sucked.

Much improved on the studio version, and Bucket's robot solo outro is great. Axl's vocals sounds very high pitchy, his tone reminds me of Appetite. Axl's work on the choruses is technically impressive and inspired imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Riad... Funnily enough my friend who is very new to GNR LOVES this and he's not really a huge rock fan - more into Beethoven etc - he loves it. He quite often text me to say he was playing Riad "AT FULL VOLUME!!!" (He lives in the country.)

Edited by BetterDay7
typos

13 minutes ago, BetterDay7 said:

Riad... Funnily enough my friend who is very new to GNR LOVES this and he's not really a huge rock fan - more into Beethoven etc - he loves it. He quite often text me to say he was playing Riad "AT FULL VOLUME!!!" (He lives in the country.)

A friend of mine who did not like axl much was playing Scraped all day long while skating.

• Like 1

Favorite song of the album since the first time I heard the Vegas live version (it was the first new song released in that bootleg, as far as I remember).

The main riff is awesome, and the drums are by far the best of the album to me. Also really love Robin's lead following Axl's vocals in the chorus. Brilliant work there. 

I do prefer the demo version, tho. Without the unnecessary intro, with Robin's stratocaster riff in the right speaker and much harder punch throughout the song. The only thing I don't like in the demo is Bucket's middle solo, sounds half-assed. Bumblefoot one is better IMO. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Just remembered that GNR make the fans guess that song on FB back in December. It would make sense if they'll play Riad on the upcoming shows since Ashba couldn't play that song right.

That would be fucking surprising.

Is Ashba really the reason behind it? Always thought it was because its one of more demanding songs for Axl.

Riad and the Bedouins 
Had a plan and thought they'd win

... Sounds like a god damn nursery rhyme. Also "Riad and the Bedouins" is just a nightmare to listen to as a phrase, haha. Fuckin rollercoaster ride.

Frustration
Salvation

Frustation

Salvation.