I like Riad N The Bedouins. There I said it.

I like this song too. Even it is not guns n roses for me... it does not mean it is not good... more, it is interesting and modern music, quite ambitous too. many other songs in chinese are so good : catcher, the blues,  sorry... Thanks Axl for that. It is just not Guns n roses (when you hear it, you know...)

Riad does seem like an opener to me. The intro kind of grates on CD but it kind of makes the transition from Scraped less jarring sonically. But listened to seperately the intro is a nice lauch pad for blast off. A little like the My Michelle intro. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wasted said:

Riad does seem like an opener to me. The intro kind of grates on CD but it kind of makes the transition from Scraped less jarring sonically. But listened to seperately the intro is a nice lauch pad for blast off. A little like the My Michelle intro. 

I like the intro. I like The Chinese intro as well. I think it frames the tunes nicely. And yeah, it could have been an opener.

The riff is mean as hell too. Axl's delivery is top notch. Always imagined CD ll having more songs in the style of Riad. I do like how Jackie Chan gets right into it though, Chinese (the song) could have been good without the intro, but it's way more dramatic with the transition and how Axl's voice gets more intense.

I think the intros change the vibe to a more Pink Floyd-esque thing, and kinda help the album feel a tad more cohesive. I remember Josh Freese didn't care for the intro for Chinese.