Led Zeppelin Appreciation thread

classicrawker

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Thank you. You have just displayed archetypal behaviour of a Led Zeppelin fan - see the ''Which Band has the worst fanbase'' thread.

I think ''Stairway'' is an appalling song. Even Robert Plant hates ''Stairway''!!

the solo is good fun though.

shame it takes 6 minutes of drivel to get there

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

And yet here they are in a Zeppelin appreciation thread

I was probably replying to a post on the 'new post' side bar thingy - I believe I saw my chap Jimi compared unflatteringly with Plagiarist Page. Trust me, I would not intentionally enter a post dedicated to this ridiculous band.

13 minutes ago, action said:

the solo is good fun though.

shame it takes 6 minutes of drivel to get there

The lyrics are horrendous.

• Like 2

right now i have Misty Mountain Hop in my mind as i see the mist over the mountains. i like Led Zep's lyrics for the most part. i like Led Zeppelin in general. and i think Jimmy Page is an awesome guitarist. but i totally support different points of view even if they aren't the same as mine. i do not, however, think anyone should attack anyone else because they have a different opinion. this is not directed at anyone in particular, just a blanket statement.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Thank you. You have just displayed archetypal behaviour of a Led Zeppelin fan - see the ''Which Band has the worst fanbase'' thread.

I think ''Stairway'' is an appalling song. Even Robert Plant hates ''Stairway''!!

Sorry man but you are coming to a led zep appreciation thread to tell us that you consider their most iconic songs as shit. And when I tell you that we have no basis to talk then it makes me part of the worst fanbase? I want some of the drugs your taking must be good stuff.

8 minutes ago, JeanGenie said:

Sorry man but you are coming to a led zep appreciation thread to tell us that you consider their most iconic songs as shit. And when I tell you that we have no basis to talk then it makes me part of the worst fanbase? I want some of the drugs your taking must be good stuff.

From my experience all fans of Leg Zeppelin are predisposed to say things like, ''Zeppelin are the greatest band ever and if you do not agree, you do not know anything and are an idiot''. Substitute ''Page'' for ''Zeppelin'' if you desire, but the general manner of speaking is usually the same. You put forth a good case study before:  ''If you dont (sic) see the greatness of Stairway I dont (sic) know how were supposed to go on from here''.'It is obviously quite easy indeed to not ''see the greatness'' in this song's ponderous eight minutes of acoustic gibberish and egotistical instrumentation - quite easy indeed.

As I said before, even Plant dislikes ''Stairway''. It was like pulling teeth for Page to get him to sing it.

me too has encountered some hostile behaviour of "Led drones" once.

i dared to call whole lotta love great for the first minute and a half, before it meandering in senseless trippery, but i guess any criticism is taking a risk.

still, i'm confident in the good in the people. (even people like Len and daisy have their good sides) i wouldnt go as far as to extrapolate one experience to an entire fanbase (which includes myself).

like i said earlier, i'm a zep fan, but i reserve the right to expose the boring and bad side of them.

every band has bad moments. let's all agree on that, shall we?

now then. back to our brandy, eh? Len, got any of them penile jokes? let's lighten the fuck up.

Edited by action