Would no European tour this year mean no new album?

I heard the rumors that Axl and Izzy are possibly writing together, that made me hopeful of a possible new album. But would no European tour this year mean no Album this year? I figured they would do a worldwide tour this year and come out with a new album in 2017. But it looks like no Europe this year, so I assume they'd want to finish an entire tour before releasing an album. Unless the release an album before touring Europe. But I would think the record company would prefer they tour in the US first to promote their album.

Source. No. 1, dates are trickling out and there are rumours of Europe dates. Thus far they have dates in April, leaving the entire summer / winter free for touring if they want to.

No.2 they could drop an album in march or the start of April, there's no reason (barre the obvious snail pace they usually take with releases) why Gnr couldn't pull a Bowie dropping those records, and recording them low key... we'll have to wait and see. My best guess is no new music in 2016 (based on nothing more than a guesstimate). Would be great though, would say a lot more about the "regrouping" and show that there were creative reasons as well as the boat loads of money.

Edited by Tom2112

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

My guess is no album and 1-2 years of nostalgic cash grabbing. Slash might find time to chuck a Conspirators album out but this will be nostalgia of the highest order. 

I agree that there will be a degree of nostalgia initially - it's reuniting players who haven't worked together under this name for 20 or more years, and who were in the biggest rock band in the world when they went their own ways.

I do think the intention will be to move forward from here and create something new. Despite Axl not releasing a huge amount of music over this time, we know that he wrote a lot and intended for it to be released. Why would he not release it? As well as being creatively satisfying the record label are known to want the release of Gn'R music with Slash involved. I totally think they are going to Bowie us. Although news is irregular at this point I believe that once they have things in order we will be  seeing a lot of action. Exciting time to be a fan!

24 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

I agree that there will be a degree of nostalgia initially - it's reuniting players who haven't worked together under this name for 20 or more years, and who were in the biggest rock band in the world when they went their own ways.

I do think the intention will be to move forward from here and create something new. Despite Axl not releasing a huge amount of music over this time, we know that he wrote a lot and intended for it to be released. Why would he not release it? As well as being creatively satisfying the record label are known to want the release of Gn'R music with Slash involved. I totally think they are going to Bowie us. Although news is irregular at this point I believe that once they have things in order we will be  seeing a lot of action. Exciting time to be a fan!

I've been wondering about the answer to that for fifteen years!

I do not agree but if it is any consolation I hope I'm wrong and you are right seeing as I want to hear more guns n' roses music, but my understanding of the situation is Axl has this sort of phobia about releasing music. And everything so far with this reunion, advertising, smacks of shameless cashgrab.

Not necessarily. Truthfully, I think it's too early to jump to conclusions about new music in relation to tour patterns after only five dates have been announced so far. I mean, we still don't even know who's in the band, let's give them a little while before we start saying "Well, I guess that means no new album".

Why are people crying about Euro Tour? So far they only have announced a few dates. Axl has a ton of material, Izzy has written material, Slash and Duff has material from the 90s and the VR era and probably some new stuff. There is a chance that there might be something. However maybe a tour is what is needed to kick start the creative process for newer material.

49 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've been wondering about the answer to that for fifteen years!

I do not agree but if it is any consolation I hope I'm wrong and you are right seeing as I want to hear more guns n' roses music, but my understanding of the situation is Axl has this sort of phobia about releasing music. And everything so far with this reunion, advertising, smacks of shameless cashgrab.

The record label have been blocking him from releasing anything without Slash and Duff's involvement. Chinese Democracy wasnt as commercially successful as would have been ideal. The road blocks that people were putting in place are no longer there.

I also think Axl has fears but now the pressure is not all on him. He's always cared what people think, much more than he would like to think. Criticism from people he respected (such as Cobain) really hit him hard.

20 minutes ago, Randy Jesus said:

Why are people crying about Euro Tour? So far they only have announced a few dates. Axl has a ton of material, Izzy has written material, Slash and Duff has material from the 90s and the VR era and probably some new stuff. There is a chance that there might be something. However maybe a tour is what is needed to kick start the creative process for newer material.

Totally agree. It also gets the name out there again and the hype at an optimum level. Much better to release an album behind that than to release a new album when a lot of people may not be aware the band is even around anymore

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

My guess is no album and 1-2 years of nostalgic cash grabbing. Slash might find time to chuck a Conspirators album out but this will be nostalgia of the highest order. 

Slash and the Conspirators are supposed to record their latest album in May. I don't know what he has planned as far as new music with GNR.

Well as we saw with this reunion anything is possible literally Because no one could ever think of this happening especially not after the whole hall of fame thing, but here we are dreams come true! So why not have some little expectations about a New album or a new song or 2 to begin with... I truly think slash and duff are able to light up something in axl when it comes to a creative process and actually do something with that. Plus they are both hard workers when it comes to music and i think they both want to bring something to the Guns N' Roses fans! Slash can't dit on his ass for long thats for sure and i think this repaired relationship between him and Axl is something very very big to axl as it was something that really heavy on axl's shoulders for years. And now that is all over maybe axl will find it easier to dedicate himself to creating music again with that slash guy he's been estranged from for 20 years. Then again we can only hope at this point and i am Just guessing but who knows?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Randy Jesus said:

Why are people crying about Euro Tour?

I would guess because people want to see them live in Europe too ... and not everyone can afford jumping overseas for the first Vegas/Coachella/Mexico gigs. Mix that with bands reputation of being "unpredictable" and you can see  the results ... :)

I'm going to be optimistic about new music for now. We know that the "regrouping" has been planned for the last year or so. In that time slash has come up with new material with the conspirators and duff and izzy recorded songs together so maybe there's songs from there that have been put aside with GNR in mind. Then there's axl he's had about 18 months to come up with a few songs. Throw in 2 or 3 songs that might've been considered for CDII ( if they exist) then there's about a12 track album. I don't think an album would affect where they tour 

6 hours ago, sleeper said:

Slash and the Conspirators are supposed to record their latest album in May. I don't know what he has planned as far as new music with GNR.

Yeah, May and Todd also said some time in fall. But hopefully we get a Conspirators album in 2017.

I do think something will also eventually come from GNR.

It's a double edged sword. On the one side, you have a brand name associated with the inability to release anything, music, videos, hell they even struggle at DVDs and what not.. On the other hand, you can never say never to anything happening with this band either.

I think I'll believe it when we get some sort of confirmation from the band. 

14 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

I heard the rumors that Axl and Izzy are possibly writing together, that made me hopeful of a possible new album. But would no European tour this year mean no Album this year? I figured they would do a worldwide tour this year and come out with a new album in 2017. But it looks like no Europe this year, so I assume they'd want to finish an entire tour before releasing an album. Unless the release an album before touring Europe. But I would think the record company would prefer they tour in the US first to promote their album.

First of all: hi SOB

A small european tour is always possible

I wouldn't expect a new album from them, just a few songs