Six Nations 2016 OFFICIAL Thread

sturginho

This seems like it's a really unknown year. England and France both have new coaches and will be desperate for a good showing, Ireland have won the last two titles but have some key injuries and are moving onto life without O'Connell, Wales seem to have the most stable squad and are my tips, Scotland have been improving under Cotter at a steady pace and could pull off some big victories to turn the tournament upside down, and Italy have shown at the World Cup that they are capable of some good rugby and have the ability to cause an upset or two. 

I'd be surprised if we make it three titles in a row, if I'm honest, but a couple wins and anything is possible. I'm never overly confident of our chances in the year we play both France and England away. I think Wales are in the best place in terms of not losing a lot of players or coming into the tournament with a new coaching set up, so they're my favourites. Even when England are bad, they're still capable of seeing out games, and they'll be looking to bounce back after the World Cup more than anyone. Who the fuck really knows with France? New coach, but he's not been strong the last few years, they need a bit of consistency more than anyone. The current Italian coach should probably be out the door regardless after this season, hopefully Conor O'Shea can get a stab at it and they can continue to improve. Scotland again are still improving, but they played well for the most part last year and didn't win a single game. I think their fans have a feeling that they're world beaters because they nearly beat Australia, when frankly they barely made it out of that group in the first place.

I'm most keen to see which of the younger and uncapped players stand out, with the next Lions tour right around the corner.

When did we show at the world cup that we are capable of good rugby? when we almost lost to Canada? :D Brunel's contract expires after this 6N and he aint sticking around, Connor O'Shea seems to be one they are after (rumour has it that Mike Catt joining him as an assistant)

Was watching the Scrum V preview and Gareth Thomas had nothing but positive things to say about the new French coach, he reckons that he will give the players the freedom to express themselves, maybe it will work, maybe it will backfire spectacularly (hopefully on Saturday! ;) )

For England Eddie seems to have stuck with the same rabble who were humiliated at the world cup, Hartley aside (Norfam'ton represent! :headbang:)

Scotland looked dangerous at the World cup and could be dark horses, but then I thought that last year and they went and lost to us at home!

Wales have to be among the favourites as usual, but I do fancy Ireland to do it again

1 hour ago, Conor said:

Jesus that France V Ireland match was fucking dreadful, drained all the life from me. Frankly neither team deserved to get any points from that! Thankfully Wales V Scotland was entertaining.

Would have traded the entertainment value for some points :(.

You cannot have it both ways if you support England in sport, beating Italy in the Rugger while losing the one day series against the Proteas in the cricket - all in one day! On the subject of the former, England were lacklustre in the first half but played some excellent stuff in the second. Eddie Jones must have given them a half time rollicking.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Namby pamby 'elf n' safety' bollocksed up Britain now sets its sights on school rugger,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35696238

Obviously rugby can be a very dangerous sport, but the risk is a lot less if the kids are taught how to tackle properly and are encouraged to try and avoid tackles rather than running through their opponents (the pros do not set a good example with their bosh mentality)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...