Six Nations 2016 OFFICIAL Thread

sturginho

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Shame about Italy as they played well in the first half, and with everyone pointing to them as reason to introduce some relegation/two tier system into the Six Nations. Score (slightly) flatters Wales one feels.

Italy just recently beat the saffers they are a tricky opening match away. A missed bonus point might shaft us at the business end of the tournament though.

10 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Italy just recently beat the saffers they are a tricky opening match away. A missed bonus point might shaft us at the business end of the tournament though.

I do not understand all this bonus point wankery. Why are you (not you personally but the Rugby fraternity) faffing around with probably the best ran competition in sport? There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Six Nations!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not understand all this bonus point wankery. Why are you (not you personally but the Rugby fraternity) faffing around with probably the best ran competition in sport? There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Six Nations!

Couldn't agree more it's a load of bollocks.

On 04/02/2017 at 6:52 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Ugly victory for England in a scrappy contest. Scotland beat the Irish (only caught the second half of that game)!

Its hard to believe that scotland are now the most attractive team to watch in 6nations.

2017 grand slam winners scotland.

Eddie Jones is a prat, a typical Aussie doofus who thinks he gets into the opposition psyche with his "mind games" :lol: . Wales will probably beat England tommorrow because they are a better side (they are) and Wales are at home. Trust me, Wales will win comfortably. Look through this thread I'm very rarely out with my predics.

24 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Eddie Jones is a prat, a typical Aussie doofus who thinks he gets into the opposition psyche with his "mind games" :lol: . Wales will probably beat England tommorrow because they are a better side (they are) and Wales are at home. Trust me, Wales will win comfortably. Look through this thread I'm very rarely out with my predics.

Tyson Fury had a great response when people asked him about Klitschkos mind games and the various things he did and how they affected him or how he went about circumventing them and he basically said he's an ignorant uneducated clod and too thick to understand half of it anyway so mindgames didn't really apply for him, he was altogether too simple.  I thought that was kind of genius in a way, too thick for mindgames :lol:

• Like 1

That is what Aussies do. 'Sledging' they call it in cricket (Steve Waugh originally called it 'mental disintegration'). Apparently if you visit Australia on holiday they sledge you. ''Pommie bastard'' basically means ''hello'' there.

This is what happens when you allow convicts to form a country. Should have kept them in shackles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I could never understand how that works.  I mean when you know someones doing something deliberately...and its so deliberately unsubtle and obvious, it just sort of becomes laughable to me.  

The worst one I think was when an English debutante came out and the Aussies went, ''who are you? Why are you walking out here? You're not good enough to play for England''. Gilchrist (keeper) used to say things like, following a fluffed shot, ''dodgy action''. McGrath used to make two English batsman his ''bunnies'' and sledge them ruthlessly. Another one. When Nasser Hussain, who has a big nose, was batting, Waugh said loudly ''I want you really in front of the batsman's nose'' before placing the fielder at deepish mid-wicket!!

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The worst one I think was when an English debutante came out and the Aussies went, ''who are you? Why are you walking out here? You're not good enough to play for England''. Gilchrist (keeper) used to say things like, following a fluffed shot, ''dodgy action''. McGrath used to make two English batsman his ''bunnies'' and sledge them ruthlessly. Another one. When Nasser Hussain, who has a big nose, was batting, Waugh said loudly ''I want you really in front of the batsman's nose'' before placing the fielder at deepish mid-wicket!!

My brother has a entire laundry list of these, i gotta say it's the only time I've found anything about cricket interesting.  Actually I tell a lie, i liked that documentary you put my way...but only cuz it's sort of framed as a human tale and thats me all over, stories, whether in book form or movies or whatever.  It's a great little tale, fairytale-ish to a point, the big bad Australia with it's Thompsons and Lillies and the sort of well meaning but inferior West Indies who kinda, through force of will and character forge victory where it seemed impossible...then that wonderful post script where they went on to be unbeaten for 15 years, whether it test or one day i can't remember, it's delicious stuff really.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

My brother has a entire laundry list of these, i gotta say it's the only time I've found anything about cricket interesting.  Actually I tell a lie, i liked that documentary you put my way...but only cuz it's sort of framed as a human tale and thats me all over, stories, whether in book form or movies or whatever.  It's a great little tale, fairytale-ish to a point, the big bad Australia with it's Thompsons and Lillies and the sort of well meaning but inferior West Indies who kinda, through force of will and character forge victory where it seemed impossible...then that wonderful post script where they went on to be unbeaten for 15 years, whether it test or one day i can't remember, it's delicious stuff really.

Make sure you watch The 16th Man, a documentary on Mandela and the Springboks.

13 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Are you not watching the Rugby? England v wales at half 4ish?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Don't you show couples around shitty houses? Tell them to bugger off because you want to watch the rugby. Infact they should be watching the Rugby.

Office bound at the moment, manning the phones, taking enquiries, arranging appointments, arranging repairs etc etc.  Anyway i don't understand rugby at all, which is funny cuz i used to play it at school :lol:

Our school was more of a football school. One well meaning PE teacher decided to start a rugby team for our year. One lad (whose nickname was Blockhead on account of his square head) thought this was fantastic as he thought it gave him an excuse to have a fight and not get done for it.

About 15 minutes into our first game the ball goes loose and their player dives on it, Blockhead comes steaming in and boots the poor fucker in the head. He got sent off and I can't remember us ever playing another game. Blockhead certainly didn't :lol: fucking head case.

17 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Our school was more of a football school. One well meaning PE teacher decided to start a rugby team for our year. One lad (whose nickname was Blockhead on account of his square head) thought this was fantastic as he thought it gave him an excuse to have a fight and not get done for it.

About 15 minutes into our first game the ball goes loose and their player dives on it, Blockhead comes steaming in and boots the poor fucker in the head. He got sent off and I can't remember us ever playing another game. Blockhead certainly didn't :lol: fucking head case.

I remember playing and like, totally not understanding so the lads on the team giving me like...a single defined task, which me and my mate James interpreted as free rein to basically knock the shit out of this American kid :lol:  I remember him getting the ball and us two just steaming at him, him passing it and us just keeping after him.  The game turned into a free-for-all fight and me and James chased this lad right off the pitch and off into the distance with him shouting back at us 'i ain't got the ball, look, look!' :lol:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I remember playing and like, totally not understanding so the lads on the team giving me like...a single defined task, which me and my mate James interpreted as free rein to basically knock the shit out of this American kid :lol:  I remember him getting the ball and us two just steaming at him, him passing it and us just keeping after him.  The game turned into a free-for-all fight and me and James chased this lad right off the pitch and off into the distance with him shouting back at us 'i ain't got the ball, look, look!' :lol:

:lol: Chasing him down the high street in muddy kit he must have been thinking what the fuck is going on here.