Am I right to say that 90% of the people on this forum (and 99,9% of the world population) have never listened to this song?

ludurigan

The Juju album and Sweet Caress are great imo. I listen to some other Izzy stuff here and there, but sometimes it can get pretty generic. You can definitely hear where a big part of the Gn'R sound came from in a lot of musical moments throughout his solo body of work, but it's not quite my thing other than his first album and a few other songs. Every album does have 1 or 2 I enjoy.

Edited by Rovim

On 2/5/2016 at 2:17 AM, ludurigan said:

I am calling that 90% of the registered users on this forum have never ever listened to the song PARTLY CLOUDY.

I am also calling that 99,9% percent of the world population also have never ever listened to it.

Am i right about it?

Am I wrong?

PARTLY CLOUDY is a song written by one of the top rock n roll songwriters of the last 30 years.

A man who helped to create and shape the best (and the best selling) rock n roll album of the last 3 decades.

A man that has released more than 10 albums of brand new songs on the last 25 years and has been basically unnoticed by fans and media.

This song PARTLY CLOUDY was released nine years ago, in 2007

It has 9 and half minutes -- and it is not an epic song

You probably could call it an "easy-going rocking ballad" that somehow turns itself into a "instrumental-reggae-ballad"

As of today, Feb 05, 2016, the most watched video (actually audio) of this song on Youtube has 4.395 views, 39 likes, zero dislikes and 5 comments.

As of today, Feb 05, 2016, the most watched video (actually audio) of the song MY WORLD on Youtube has 142.891 views, 496 likes, 423 dislikes and 515 comments.

MY WORLD is appointed by many GNR fans as the very worst song that Guns n Roses has ever released.

PARTLY CLOUDY is probably unknown to most GNR fans.

Including those who know that it exists "in one of those albums Izzy released".

Axl would love from 5:03 onwards. IZZY!!! Give me some REGGAE!!! :) Cool song, I feel like it was going somewhere but never really got there? good but with potential to be great. And I don't necessarily mean "If Axl and Slash played on it, it would be great", just a general thought.

I think OP is most likely wrong assuming 90% of forum users haven't heard this.

Youtube commentators perhaps, but a lot of forum people are all over "rare" stuff be it side/solo projects, guest spots and or bootlegs.

My thoughts on this song (I've heard it before and own Izzy's albums): it's the usual slapdash affair, some great moments there but it's overall pretty meh.

A bit repetitive, especially the reggae bit.