Am I right to say that 90% of the people on this forum (and 99,9% of the world population) have never listened to this song?

ludurigan

I am calling that 90% of the registered users on this forum have never ever listened to the song PARTLY CLOUDY.

I am also calling that 99,9% percent of the world population also have never ever listened to it.

Am i right about it?

Am I wrong?

PARTLY CLOUDY is a song written by one of the top rock n roll songwriters of the last 30 years.

A man who helped to create and shape the best (and the best selling) rock n roll album of the last 3 decades.

A man that has released more than 10 albums of brand new songs on the last 25 years and has been basically unnoticed by fans and media.

This song PARTLY CLOUDY was released nine years ago, in 2007

It has 9 and half minutes -- and it is not an epic song

You probably could call it an "easy-going rocking ballad" that somehow turns itself into a "instrumental-reggae-ballad"

As of today, Feb 05, 2016, the most watched video (actually audio) of this song on Youtube has 4.395 views, 39 likes, zero dislikes and 5 comments.

As of today, Feb 05, 2016, the most watched video (actually audio) of the song MY WORLD on Youtube has 142.891 views, 496 likes, 423 dislikes and 515 comments.

MY WORLD is appointed by many GNR fans as the very worst song that Guns n Roses has ever released.

PARTLY CLOUDY is probably unknown to most GNR fans.

Including those who know that it exists "in one of those albums Izzy released".

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

Not sure what your point is?

Most of Izzy's solo work has gone unheard of with the masses, even a bulk of ppl on this forum would probably say they've only dipped in and out of Izzy's catalog.

Regardless, thanks for the reminder. I'm listening again now (lost all my Izzy stuff years ago).

22 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

I am calling that 90% of the registered users on this forum have never ever listened to the song PARTLY CLOUDY.

I am also calling that 99,9% percent of the world population also have never ever listened to it.

Am i right about it?

Am I wrong?

PARTLY CLOUDY is a song written by one of the top rock n roll songwriters of the last 30 years.

A man who helped to create and shape the best (and the best selling) rock n roll album of the last 3 decades.

A man that has released more than 10 albums of brand new songs on the last 25 years and has been basically unnoticed by fans and media.

This song PARTLY CLOUDY was released nine years ago, in 2007

It has 9 and half minutes -- and it is not an epic song

You probably could call it an "easy-going rocking ballad" that somehow turns itself into a "instrumental-reggae-ballad"

As of today, Feb 05, 2016, the most watched video (actually audio) of this song on Youtube has 4.395 views, 39 likes, zero dislikes and 5 comments.

As of today, Feb 05, 2016, the most watched video (actually audio) of the song MY WORLD on Youtube has 142.891 views, 496 likes, 423 dislikes and 515 comments.

MY WORLD is appointed by many GNR fans as the very worst song that Guns n Roses has ever released.

PARTLY CLOUDY is probably unknown to most GNR fans.

Including those who know that it exists "in one of those albums Izzy released".

Sweet, I didn't know about this, or any of his solo albums. I'm glad I do now, so thanks!!

really it sounds like mumbling with an occasional Partly Cloudy thrown in

instrumentation is nice i guess, very smooth, but its nothing special...you would be right that ive never heard it tho

i love the 'Izzy' songs with GNR (14 years is great) but his solo work has always been meh imo

Edited by -W.A.R-

I've listened to it many times and have always loved it, along with many other songs on Miami, such as Tijuana, Waiting, Buildings In the Sky, and Bombs Away. You can probably tell by my user name that I'm a huge Izzy fan and love his solo work. The reason why his music is overlooked is because that's the way he wants it to be. He has a deal with iTunes where he can just release music anytime he wants without any press or promotion behind it. Consider his music a bunch of hidden treasures.

• Like 1

Izzy's first album with Ju-Ju Hounds is just pure gold in my books! Top picks from that album: Cuttin the Rug, Bucket o Trouble and Come on Inside now... also worth mentioning is Somebody Knocking! I never understood why Izzy decided to pick Shuffle it All as a single. It doesn't represent the album at all.

Izzy's 177 degrees is a great rocking album!

Like a Dog is rocker album. 

The albums work best for me when I'm walking in the city with my headphones. They just give me chills. At car they dont work for some reason for me!!

Any thoughts? BTW who is the other guitarists in Ju-Ju Hounds album? I have great bootlegs from Izzy.