Hollywood Vampires Headlining Rock Fest

axlslash

10 minutes ago, axlslash said:

http://loudwire.com/slipknot-hollywood-vampires-alice-in-chains-2016-rock-fest/

Duff plays bass for the Vamps. I'm curious how if any all this will impact a GNR tour...

It doesn't impact it at all. I'm sure the Vamps know that GNR is Duff's top priority. I suppose if we want to become GNR-investigators (TM) we could look into the possibility of GNR shows in the same markets around the time that the Vampires are playing but most likely they'll just replace Duff for the shows he can't play due to GNR.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hélio Dolores said:

They are also headlining Rock in Rio (in Lisbon) which is one of the GNR rumored shows this year. It would be awesome if they share the same stage :)  

I thought that was one of the biggest Festivals in the world. Why would HV be headlining when they aren't even popular enough (well in the States)to play mid sized venues. They have no hits and an album that fell off the charts. I haven't listened to them enough to know if I like them but it just seems like they aren't established enough to headline a Festival the size of RIR.

• Like 2

zakk wylde and alter bridge are both on the heavy mtl lineup which came out 2 days ago... everyone complaining that disturbed and five finger death punch arent really headliner material given past years were much bigger so i personally see some potential for gnr to be added to the mix but didnt really feel it was postworthy till now... id go apeshit if it happened though

http://www.heavymontreal.com/lineup/artists/

21 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I thought that was one of the biggest Festivals in the world. Why would HV be headlining when they aren't even popular enough (well in the States)to play mid sized venues. They have no hits and an album that fell off the charts. I haven't listened to them enough to know if I like them but it just seems like they aren't established enough to headline a Festival the size of RIR.

I agree with you. RIR is the biggest festival in Portugal and has around 70-100k visitors per day (happens once every 2 years) but is still far away from RIR Brazil numbers (around 200k).
The final lineup will be announced on Feb 10th (fingers crossed!) - there's still missing one band for that day.

49 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Also the fact they will play longer than AC/DC last year in the grammy. Oh look Johnny Depp is playing guitar in a hardrock band. Acting.

5 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

zakk wylde and alter bridge are both on the heavy mtl lineup which came out 2 days ago... everyone complaining that disturbed and five finger death punch arent really headliner material given past years were much bigger so i personally see some potential for gnr to be added to the mix but didnt really feel it was postworthy till now... id go apeshit if it happened though

http://www.heavymontreal.com/lineup/artists/

I think they will be in europe at this time. :lol: