Will the reunion fall apart before April?

mr. ritz88

Will the reunion fall apart before April?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

The money is too big, if Axl finally decided to take the stage with Slash then it will happen. Does not worth for Axl to fuck up this one

Between the money and the paperwork that's gone into this, I just can't see if getting fucked up. I'm guessing each contract is like 4 inches thick with plenty of clauses stating that whomever fucks it up will be sued into oblivion. 

• Like 1

So you think they haven't really reconciled? As long as they've genuinely worked things out, I can't see this falling apart. Everyone knows what's at stake, they wouldn't subject themselves to this scrutiny if they didn't believe they could follow through.

Only if there were still significant issues and tensions, could I see things collapsing.

Plus Duff has made some comments about Axl's issues, which suggest they have more understanding and are better prepared to cope. So I don't think late starts etc. will be a problem even if it does arise.

Edited by Babooshka

Slash and Duff are professionals.

Axl will begin to push his luck; you know how a toddler will try his luck doing something naughty like putting toast in the DVD player while looking back at the parent to see if he/she has instigated a reaction? Well Axl will do this with opening times: the 'agreed 9pm start' will gradually creep up to 10pm then Axl will begin to pull the occasional 11pm-midnight job.

Slash and Duff will be working for Team Brazil who are an inefficient circus of sycophants and professional dicksuckers. This will cause friction.

Then what happens when they begin to think of new music? Slash's idea is to jam, record, release - all within a four month period. Axl's is to record, wait six years, add more overdubs, wait a further six years then store away in a vault forever!!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Slash and Duff are professionals.

Axl will begin to push his luck; you know how a toddler will try his luck doing something naughty like putting toast in the DVD player while looking back at the parent to see if he/she has instigated a reaction? Well Axl will do this with opening times: the 'agreed 9pm start' will gradually creep up to 10pm then Axl will begin to pull the occasional 11pm-midnight job.

Slash and Duff will be working for Team Brazil who are an inefficient circus of sycophants and professional dicksuckers. This will cause friction.

Then what happens when they begin to think of new music? Slash's idea is to jam, record, release - all within a four month period. Axl's is to record, wait six years, add more overdubs, wait a further six years then store away in a vault forever!!

If they have reconciled, then they should be able to discuss those issues and even plan for the eventuality. Whereas before they weren't addressing anything. Axl was surrounded by all his spiritual healers, while Duff and Slash drank to cope.

If they have not reconciled, then yeah I can see them having issues and the contracts would have to be even more robust. It may be easier to deal with Axl's late starts if you know you're not paying the fees/fines. So stuff like that should be in the contracts, otherwise resentment can quickly build.

The new music thing could be a problem either way, but iirc GNR still owe an album to the label. Between them no doubt seeing this as the perfect opportunity, and Slash's productivity, I believe something will be put out.

Between Duff, Axl and Slash, I don't see any major problems derailing this. Steven and Izzy are bigger issues imo, that is why the full line-up has not yet been confirmed. And I do think they are trying to work the AfD line-up in as much as possible. But can Izzy commit? There's more potential for him to walk than Axl. Can Steven stay clean? And if he isn't involved to his satisfaction, will he make noise and cause problems for them? There's other possible behind the scenes drama. Steven said on Trunk he doesn't want full pay, but does Izzy want to be paid like a full member, without doing the work of a full member or having the selling power of the Trinity?

Those are the hang-ups imo. As long as Axl and Slash have truly reconciled, then with Duff, those three are the stable core. Whatever problems they had, they're the ones who did all the heavy lifting. They went on that UYI tour which solidified GNR's place in history, and proved the band to the industry. Which is why GNR can still operate on this level. They're battle hardened, and I think there's a rapport and understanding between them that forms the backbone to GNR. If that has been genuinely rekindled, then I don't see things falling apart on their end. It will come from somewhere else.

Axl did the unthinkable for me and managed to reconcile with Slash. Duff made it happen, and him and Slash seem to be really careful like they don't want to fuck it up. Like how Slash got upset cause his brother made a remark about Axl.

I think it's Axl so anything can happen, but it has only begun, it's too early to tell. I'm optimistic. I think there's a lot of money involved and the chance to play together and maybe write music after 20 years and make the last chapter of the band as cool as possible. At least they're trying.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1