[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

46 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The chap who acts like a frog?

That's the bloke!

Pisses me off that that stomp thing he is so well known for originated with Rudy Sarzo when he was in Ozzy's band 81-82...he'd do do that stomp thing during Believer (see"Speak/Talk Of The Devil" video)

Liking this the most out of the three, though I didn't really care for the other two tracks. Wish there was more venom in Hetfield's vocals; in the back of my head I can hear him tearing into this track like he would in his Ride the Lightning days.

• Like 1

As much as I like the song, it's the first of the 3 where Lars' snare sounds bad and borderline annoying. It doesn't make me like the sound less, but I just don't see how the guy can not notice that it sounds bad. It has since St. Anger. Mind you, it's improved with every release since, but his drum sound was immense on The Black Album. Ah well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

As much as I like the song, it's the first of the 3 where Lars' snare sounds bad and borderline annoying. It doesn't make me like the sound less, but I just don't see how the guy can not notice that it sounds bad. It has since St. Anger. Mind you, it's improved with every release since, but his drum sound was immense on The Black Album. Ah well

It wouldn't be so bad if Lars would stay off the fucking snare for the majority of his fills. Every fill is just snare all the time. But yeah, it would be nice if it had a more organic sound to it, rather than what we're getting these days.

• Like 1

I think they need 10 more years to improve it. The Atlas Rise thing reminds me in places the Ride The Lightning vibe, but the vocals are horrid. The lyrics are shit. Kirk doesn't do anything interesting. And it sounds like Iron Maiden. Why does it sound like Iron Maiden? fuck.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

I think they need 10 more years to improve it.

Huh?

I think if they were going to do any improving, then that occasion would have arisen when they were twenty or thirtysomethings - which is precisely what happened in some aspects, when you compare Kill Em All with the rest of their '80s work!

What an odd comment!

In ten years time they will be 90!

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Huh?

I think if they were going to do any improving, then that occasion would have arisen when they were twenty or thirtysomethings - which is precisely what happened in some aspects, when you compare Kill Em All with the rest of their '80s work!

What an odd comment!

In ten years time they will be 90!

It was a sarcastic comment designed to express my disgust with this unworthy material. This shit cannot be improved. I'm with Lars Ulrich's dad on this one. (as well)

Delete that and move on. Hardwired to suck ass.

Edited by Rovim

Lars Ulrich revealed that Metallica will release a music video for each of the 12 songs from their upcoming album "Hardwired... To Self-Destruct," due out on November 18.

The drummer tells The Straits Times: "Now that YouTube is the world's biggest television station, we figured we may as well knock a video out for every song [on the new album]."

Saying how getting all the videos done is a "giant undertaking," Lars added: 

"The practicality of shooting 12 music videos is kind of crazy, especially when you're trying to promote your record, and you're all over the place, and trying to make sure it doesn't leak. It's crazy but, at the same time, fun."

14 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Lars Ulrich revealed that Metallica will release a music video for each of the 12 songs from their upcoming album "Hardwired... To Self-Destruct," due out on November 18.

The drummer tells The Straits Times: "Now that YouTube is the world's biggest television station, we figured we may as well knock a video out for every song [on the new album]."

Saying how getting all the videos done is a "giant undertaking," Lars added: 

"The practicality of shooting 12 music videos is kind of crazy, especially when you're trying to promote your record, and you're all over the place, and trying to make sure it doesn't leak. It's crazy but, at the same time, fun."

I like an idea...

And I like this album - it's not one of the classics but compared to today's music it's masterpiece...