[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

53 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

All songs written by Hetfield/Ulrich, expect for ManUnkind and Lords Of Summer Hetfield/Ulrich/Trujillo.

That is apparently because Kirk lost his phone with millions of ideas upon it and found himself ostracised from the writing process - in a recent interview he sounds noticeably peeved. Still doesn't explain why Rob only gets one credit. They, Hetfield/Ulrich, seem to have reverted to their old style dictatorship!

I do not think it is quite as good as Death Magnetic, but it is near enough.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is apparently because Kirk lost his phone with millions of ideas upon it and found himself ostracised from the writing process - in a recent interview he sounds noticeably peeved. Still doesn't explain why Rob only gets one credit. They, Hetfield/Ulrich, seem to have reverted to their old style dictatorship!

I do not think it is quite as good as Death Magnetic, but it is near enough.

I'm not sure either, on each videos we can see the songs grew around Ulrich, Hetfield and Trujillo. Trujillo is vital for the grooves, the right keys...He's the only good musician in the band, even Hetfield said they're afraid to jam with other musicians seeing they aren't that good.

It seems like Ulrich is the musical gatekeeper of the band, selecting which riff to put where on the album. He spent nearly a year, sat down through thousands of Hetfield's riffs. He even teached Hammet on how the guitar solos should go based on his idolatry for R. Blackmore. Hetfield recently said there is something magical happening each time he's working with Ulrich, we can't blame him for saying that. Hardwired is Lars's vision of Metallica.

I don't get why aren't all 4 of them all the time in the studio. It's 75% of time only James and Lars, 20% James, Lars and Robert and those 5% Kirk comes in. I mean, even if you don't have ideas for something new you can say: "What about this riff going to this one" or something like that 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I don't get why aren't all 4 of them all the time in the studio. It's 75% of time only James and Lars, 20% James, Lars and Robert and those 5% Kirk comes in. I mean, even if you don't have ideas for something new you can say: "What about this riff going to this one" or something like that 

It is just how they operate. James and Lars demo the whole thing in advance. Even when Hammett, Rob (or Newsted prior) get credits, they have essentially seen their riff yanked from a demo tape they've submitted in advance and reconfigured by Messrs. Hetfield and Ulrich when doing these demos. And then there is the recording process. Up until, and including, the Black Album, Hetfield did all the rhythm; in other words, the only time you ever heard Kirk was during the solos! It makes no logical sense of course because Hammett would merely end up doubling the rhythm live. And Kirk records his solos with Ulrich sitting in front of him, telling him what to play!

Hetfield and Ulrich operate Metallica like the German war machine.

• Like 1

Have been listening to the new album pretty much every day and I think it's a great album.Didn't think they had it in them after their last 3 studio albums but so happy to be wrong.Can't wait to hear some of the new songs live.As a fan of the band for over 30 plus years I had almost given up on any worthwhile full albums ,a song here a song there off their last 3 albums but wow this album rocks from start to finish .Great work boys

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

You post this to show us that the album after two weeks has lost 76% off sells,when the half planet had downloaded it earlier and after two weeks of massive Metallica promotion.

Weekly sales matter, I'm sure they want their platinum statut sooner possible. If not Metallica wouldn't have released it in November (Thanksgiving-Black Friday-Christmas seasons). 

Ok now i think that all this "bombing" situation with promotion of the album starts to be tiring,i'm already tired reading lars interviews,james interviews,hammet interview that reminded the mustaine fire from the band,after 12 official video clips,and 12 official recording sessions making of each song clips,what else expecting themselves to do,the album is already success out there and sell out.

FOR TRUJILLO SAKE

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstream1.gifsoup.com%2Fvi

Edited by Majestic Beast

14 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

week 5: #8 52,451 SPS 23%

Gold certification.

Where are these figures from? Any idea if the number of discs impact the numbers i.e. is it 52,000 copies or 26,000 copies x2 as it's double disc? Also wondering whether it only needs 500k to go platinum as that'd be a million discs shipped (or even less if the three disc copies count). Not really sure how it all works these days.