[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

18950409_613816148821930_284601618412863

How much do those high up seats cost one wonders? You are so distant, you are in a different country, and so high up a nose bleed would be the least of your problems given you'd be suffering from decompression sickness - is their even an atmosphere up there?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

18950409_613816148821930_284601618412863

How much do those high up seats cost one wonders? You are so distant, you are in a different country, and so high up a nose bleed would be the least of your problems given you'd be suffering from decompression sickness - is their even an atmosphere up there?

$40 or so, *there* and for a lot of people those seats are the only way they can afford to see a lot of bands anymore.   Definitely atmosphere up there sometimes more so than the premium seats where the wine and cheesers are.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2017 at 4:13 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

Let me know how it compares to the JoshuabTree Tour.

The Joshua Tree tour doesn't compare.  This Metallica show was probably one of the top 3 shows I've ever seen. It was incredible.  The Joshua Tree tour for me was great because U2 is always great but felt like they were going through the motions a bit. It doesn't rank in my top 15 shows I've seen. I had so much more fun at this Metallica show. Now keep in mind I had front row on the railing at the top of the snake pit so that contributes a LOT to the overall experience. For Joshua Tree tour I was lower bowl in the stands so.... 

But anyone who says Metallica is done while GnR is alive and well...... nah Metallica are far from done. I've seen GnR in the last year and for me this blew GnR outta the water. As great as GnR were this was just better.  This was by far the best show I've seen in quite some time.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bono said:

The Joshua Tree tour doesn't compare.  This Metallica show was probably one of the top 3 shows I've ever seen. It was incredible.  The Joshua Tree tour for me was great because U2 is always great but felt like they were going through the motions a bit. It doesn't rank in my top 15 shows I've seen. I had so much more fun at this Metallica show. Now keep in mind I had front row on the railing at the top of the snake pit so that contributes a LOT to the overall experience. For Joshua Tree tour I was lower bowl in the stands so.... 

But anyone who says Metallica is done while GnR is alive and well...... nah Metallica are far from done. I've seen GnR in the last year and for me this blew GnR outta the water. As great as GnR were this was just better.  This was by far the best show I've seen in quite some time.

Thanks bro

• Like 1

Saw Metallica/A7X concert last night in Cowboy stadium in Arlington, Texas.

I would say the show was pretty much sold out. People were even standing in the lobby to see the show.

A7X rocked it. I've seen these guys so many times and they just always give 110%. The new drummer is a perfect fit. No one can ever replace Jimmy "The Rev", but he comes close. Syn and Zacky guitar playing is just so amazing. They've gotten better.

M. Shadows' voice was in top form. Screaming and singing so well.

Metallica were awesome too. First time seeing them. Wow, what a show! James was in top form and Lars on drums was too much. They had a specular laser show and the show itself was just wonderful. My favorite song Fade to Black was over the top. Loved the videos in the back too.

We left after Fade to Black, but walking to our car you could still hear Metallica singing "Seek and Destroy".  I didn't realize there was also a Ranger game that same night, so traffic was terrible. By the time we got to the highway it was close to an hour. I can't imagine the people who stayed until the end. The parking lots were full so getting out must have been a nightmare.

anyway, it was a great show!

Next up, Iron Maiden and Ghost. Can't wait!

• 4 weeks later...

Whelp, I am sad to say I sold my ticket tonight. Took a hit, too, but it is what it is!

My friend has to work (I feel bad, he wanted to go more than me) and no one else wants to fork up for a GA ticket (understandable). I don't mind going to shows alone, but since I've seen Metallica up close twice already, I decided I'll be better off with the money!

On 7/10/2017 at 7:55 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Whelp, I am sad to say I sold my ticket tonight. Took a hit, too, but it is what it is!

My friend has to work (I feel bad, he wanted to go more than me) and no one else wants to fork up for a GA ticket (understandable). I don't mind going to shows alone, but since I've seen Metallica up close twice already, I decided I'll be better off with the money!

Oh Man, that's a bummer Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Rose Bowl show last night .Getting into that place always sucks and last night was no exception .Caught a few songs of Avenged Sevenfold was hoping to catch entire set but took forever to get to our seat ,they sounded good and had the crowd going bummed I missed a majority of their set.As far as Metallica what I could add that hasn't been said already ?not much .They are just a fantastic live bad ,I've seen them many times over the years starting in 88 as a young but when they opened for Ozzy they were fantastic then and just as incredible last night .They sounded great ,James sounds nearly identical to his prime what's strange is I seen them a few months back at the Palladium and thought that he lost a noticeable amount of power in his voice but last night he and the band sounded just as good as their prime years .Ive been fortunate to see quite a few bands over the years and for me personally they are the best live  band out there.The place was absolutely packed and I didn't see a single person sitting down the whole show .

• Like 2

They sure did! That was a great show. Avenged Sevenfold was great too, but Metallica went on staged and showed them how its done. 

The people I was with wanted to leave in the middle of the encore to beat traffic. As much as I did not want to be stuck there for hours, it would have been cool to hear Enter Sandman. 

Edited by Georgy Zhukov