[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

10 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

I hope to win one of those Fan Club shows one day.

Also, I've decided that Now That We're Dead is my favorite from the album.

I have new favorite every week :D

OK Spit Out... is on top but after - Dead, Halo, Atlas, Moth - 

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah I find it strange as well that there's no tour announced yet? Must be James or Lars isn't feeling it or something?

well, when they announced Copenhagen they said that those are only dates in Europe before autumn... Don't know about NA and rest of the World. Also there was rumor that they won't have more than 50 dates in one year.

Small hope for minor markets like Croatia :(

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah I find it strange as well that there's no tour announced yet? Must be James or Lars isn't feeling it or something?

Didn't they say they were done "touring" and were just going to play random dates, one offs, festivals, etc but not "tour"?

3 minutes ago, Joeypeeps said:

Disagree, If GNR can sell stadiums, Metallica will have no problem 

GNR has not toured in almost a quarter of a century. The only way Metallica does a stadium tour is if they play a limited number of shows to force people to attend the shows. And, if Metallica has phenomenal production value similar to U2's 360 tour.

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Metallica can't sell stadiums in the US.

Watch them.They played 2 stadium dates last year and yes I get that they were in their hometown and to open a stadium(Minnesota )but they both sold out the day they went on sale 

I love Metallica; every single album has some meaning to me, but I dont see it happening. GNR playing stadiums makes sense because the demand to see Axl and Slash together for the first time in an entire generation when nobody within the band or industry ever foresaw a reunion is what made Stadiums neccessary. Many people have seen Metallica over the last 23 years, GNR not at all. If Metallica comes out and only plays major markets in addition to major markets then I could see a stadium tour or maybe similar to ACDC a few years ago where the band plays a mixture of arenas and stadiums, but not s straight stadium tour.

Before NITL started, almost everybody said that there is no way for that big stadium tour with that prices in NA, and we have now a second leg :D

I think Metallica will do Arena/Stadium combo, and with "nothing before fall in Europe" - arenas only here scenario...