[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

12 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

The show last night was really good. Standard set, which is OK, but hoping we get a couple different things over the next two shows.

I'll say though, as much as I enjoyed it, it didn't compare to a GN'R show ultimately. Keep in mind, Metallica is in my Top 5 favorite bands, so I'm really not being biased, but I didn't leave the show thinking "holy shit that was just straight up awesome, I can't wait to see them again", like I do when I leave a GN'R show.

The crowd sucked and the majority of the people I was around should be ashamed for calling themselves fans. I had a blast, jumping, singing and carrying on; Almost beat the shit out of some dude in the mosh during Master of Puppets. 

Looking forward to Friday. I'll be doing some mild tailgating that day, as well as having even more friends along, so should make for an even better day / experience.

Man, I feel you guys on the lameness of the crowds at these shows...I haven't been to a Metallica show in some time, though I've seen them 27 times.   I'm just curious is it the age of the crowd?

Tyler I know you are younger.....and more reflective of the age when I saw most of my MET shows, so I'm just wondering is it b/c the crowd is mostly older people that aren't full of piss and vinegar like the younger crowds used to be?   

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Man, I feel you guys on the lameness of the crowds at these shows...I haven't been to a Metallica show in some time, though I've seen them 27 times.   I'm just curious is it the age of the crowd?

Tyler I know you are younger.....and more reflective of the age when I saw most of my MET shows, so I'm just wondering is it b/c the crowd is mostly older people that aren't full of piss and vinegar like the younger crowds used to be?   

No, I think people just suck at seeing bands live nowadays :lol: The crowd was very mixed. Plenty of people my age and maybe slightly older, 35 and under. Obviously older generation was there as well, but they didn't make up half the attendance or anything.

I seriously had people just standing next to me, hands in their pockets, just watching the stage. Not even looking around smiling, just straight-faced watching. Like what the fuck? I'm not one to tell people to have a good time or get into the show, everyone enjoys shows in their own way, but really, what the fuck.

Hoping the Philly crowd tomorrow is better in general, especially since it's a Friday. I'll possibly be drunk for the show tomorrow night too, so I'll have even more of a blast then. Can't wait!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Wish the set was a little more different in Philly than Baltimore, but we got Creeping Death thankfully.

Got drunk as shit, broke my phone, fell asleep in a porta potty for 2 hours, threw up twice when the show started; Rock and roll.

IMG_20170513_105126_386.jpg

Hahahaha!!! You got so fucked up you crashed in a porta potty? Fucking classic. Why did you get so fucked up before the show?

Edited by The Holographic Universe

16 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Hahahaha!!! You got so fucked up you crashed in a porta potty? Fucking classic. Why did you get so fucked up before the show?

Haha, I never tailgate and I was like "Fuck it, we'll have a good time". Ended up going through the 6 packs of Genesee and Michelob I brought, as well as some blueberry Du Claw shit, a 40oz of Miller, and then $30 worth of beer inside. It was fucked lol

Metallica rocks but after 3 shows in a row, I'm all Metallica'd-out. Might be different had I actually had rest and off days in between like I plan for GN'R, but multiple Metallica shows aren't the same to me as multiple GN'R shows. I found myself slightly bored at times during the show last night at MetLife. Still a great shoe and Metallica are awesome, but no way I could see them as many times during a tour as I do GN'R! Regardless, definitely recommend everyone go see them at least once!

IMG_20170515_123758_385.jpg

• Like 2

So pissed with their set tonight in Uniondale. They played Harvester of Sorrow, Welcome Home, The Four Horseman, and Blackened. Two additional, different songs rather than the alternating two they were doing the three shows prior, and all four songs I would have loved to hear, especially Blackened and Welcome Home. 

4 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

So pissed with their set tonight in Uniondale. They played Harvester of Sorrow, Welcome Home, The Four Horseman, and Blackened. Two additional, different songs rather than the alternating two they were doing the three shows prior, and all four songs I would have loved to hear, especially Blackened and Welcome Home. 

:D

you really can't guess - they played 38 different songs in 23 shows during 2017.:

Atlas, Rise!
Battery
Blackened
Breadfan (Budgie cover)
Confusion
Creeping Death
Dream No More
Enter Sandman
Fade to Black
Fight Fire With Fire
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fuel
Halo on Fire
Hardwired
Harvester of Sorrow
Hit the Lights
King Nothing
Master of Puppets
Moth Into Flame
Motorbreath
No Remorse
Nothing Else Matters
Now That We're Dead
One
Orion
Ride the Lightning
Sad but True
Seek & Destroy
The Call of Ktulu
The Day That Never Comes
The Four Horsemen
The Memory Remains
The Unforgiven
T.V. Eye (The Stooges cover)
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Wherever I May Roam
Whiplash
Whiskey in the Jar ([traditional] cover)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Imagine if they dropped "Nothing Else Matters" and "Unforgiven", that would make room for two more legitimately great songs of the 25 or so they rarely play....

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

This thread is really making me wish I would have gotten tickets to the closest show to me. I was just waiting to see if they were going to add more NA dates. 

I agree with Tyler, if you haven't seen them, I highly recommend trying to get to see them. 

I've seen them so many times I only want to see them up close now and for this your the floor is all GA and I'm too old to deal with all that for an entire day.

thats why I like GnRs pit,..you can literally walk in right before Guns start playing and you're in front of everyone who has a seat and probably 20 yards max from the stage.