Silent Jay

[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

646 posts in this topic

18950409_613816148821930_284601618412863

How much do those high up seats cost one wonders? You are so distant, you are in a different country, and so high up a nose bleed would be the least of your problems given you'd be suffering from decompression sickness - is their even an atmosphere up there?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

18950409_613816148821930_284601618412863

How much do those high up seats cost one wonders? You are so distant, you are in a different country, and so high up a nose bleed would be the least of your problems given you'd be suffering from decompression sickness - is their even an atmosphere up there?

$40 or so, *there* and for a lot of people those seats are the only way they can afford to see a lot of bands anymore.   Definitely atmosphere up there sometimes more so than the premium seats where the wine and cheesers are.

1 person likes this

I take it 'wine and cheesers' is what we call in this country, 'the prawn sandwich brigade'.

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I take it 'wine and cheesers' is what we call in this country, 'the prawn sandwich brigade'.

Yes!

A little late but here's a few pictures I snapped at the show in Denver
18921886_10158875853595397_2461900524351

18920224_10158875854090397_1056097108109

18951452_10158875855425397_1160602123819

18921872_10158875855490397_4846364478298

18922145_10158875855975397_7926970662571

19059243_10158875855405397_3494020115328

1 person likes this

I made it into the Thank You Denver video they played at the end of the show. You can see me at 2:04. Backwards hat and dark sunglasses :headbang:

Posted (edited)

On 6/7/2017 at 4:13 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

Let me know how it compares to the JoshuabTree Tour.

The Joshua Tree tour doesn't compare.  This Metallica show was probably one of the top 3 shows I've ever seen. It was incredible.  The Joshua Tree tour for me was great because U2 is always great but felt like they were going through the motions a bit. It doesn't rank in my top 15 shows I've seen. I had so much more fun at this Metallica show. Now keep in mind I had front row on the railing at the top of the snake pit so that contributes a LOT to the overall experience. For Joshua Tree tour I was lower bowl in the stands so.... 

But anyone who says Metallica is done while GnR is alive and well...... nah Metallica are far from done. I've seen GnR in the last year and for me this blew GnR outta the water. As great as GnR were this was just better.  This was by far the best show I've seen in quite some time.

Edited by Bono
2 people like this

51 minutes ago, Bono said:

The Joshua Tree tour doesn't compare.  This Metallica show was probably one of the top 3 shows I've ever seen. It was incredible.  The Joshua Tree tour for me was great because U2 is always great but felt like they were going through the motions a bit. It doesn't rank in my top 15 shows I've seen. I had so much more fun at this Metallica show. Now keep in mind I had front row on the railing at the top of the snake pit so that contributes a LOT to the overall experience. For Joshua Tree tour I was lower bowl in the stands so.... 

But anyone who says Metallica is done while GnR is alive and well...... nah Metallica are far from done. I've seen GnR in the last year and for me this blew GnR outta the water. As great as GnR were this was just better.  This was by far the best show I've seen in quite some time.

Thanks bro

1 person likes this

How's Lars playing live? Doesn't rush songs anymore? Watched a few metontour videos. Looks and sounds like it but don't know if they picked the best songs

You really do not look like a u2 fan - Tallica yes but not a U2 fan.

Metallica plays the A T &T arena in Arlington on Friday. Can't wait for this show.

A7X will rock too! Can't wait. This is going to be one high octane show!

Saw Metallica/A7X concert last night in Cowboy stadium in Arlington, Texas.

I would say the show was pretty much sold out. People were even standing in the lobby to see the show.

A7X rocked it. I've seen these guys so many times and they just always give 110%. The new drummer is a perfect fit. No one can ever replace Jimmy "The Rev", but he comes close. Syn and Zacky guitar playing is just so amazing. They've gotten better.

M. Shadows' voice was in top form. Screaming and singing so well.

Metallica were awesome too. First time seeing them. Wow, what a show! James was in top form and Lars on drums was too much. They had a specular laser show and the show itself was just wonderful. My favorite song Fade to Black was over the top. Loved the videos in the back too.

We left after Fade to Black, but walking to our car you could still hear Metallica singing "Seek and Destroy".  I didn't realize there was also a Ranger game that same night, so traffic was terrible. By the time we got to the highway it was close to an hour. I can't imagine the people who stayed until the end. The parking lots were full so getting out must have been a nightmare.

anyway, it was a great show!

Next up, Iron Maiden and Ghost. Can't wait!

Whelp, I am sad to say I sold my ticket tonight. Took a hit, too, but it is what it is!

My friend has to work (I feel bad, he wanted to go more than me) and no one else wants to fork up for a GA ticket (understandable). I don't mind going to shows alone, but since I've seen Metallica up close twice already, I decided I'll be better off with the money!

On 7/10/2017 at 7:55 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Whelp, I am sad to say I sold my ticket tonight. Took a hit, too, but it is what it is!

My friend has to work (I feel bad, he wanted to go more than me) and no one else wants to fork up for a GA ticket (understandable). I don't mind going to shows alone, but since I've seen Metallica up close twice already, I decided I'll be better off with the money!

Oh Man, that's a bummer Alex

On 7/12/2017 at 0:23 PM, tsinindy said:

Oh Man, that's a bummer Alex

No worries!

1 person likes this