[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

James previously told The Pulse of Radio that "Moth" contains some of his favorite lyrics on the album, saying:
"For me, lyrically some of the favorite - 'Moth Into Flame'; I like 'Am I Savage?' and boy, I really like 'Dream No More', which is also kind of another Cthulhu reference but in a very different sense."
Lars chimed in: "Most of the songs are simpler. We introduce a mood and we stick to it, rather than songs we've done where one riff happens and we go over here and then over there and becomes a journey through all these different soundscapes. The songs are more linear."

Set list

1. Breadfan (Budgie cover) (First time played live since 2013)
2. Holier Than Thou (First time played live since 2013)
3. Battery
4. Harvester of Sorrow
5. Fade to Black
6. Moth Into Flame (Live Debut)
7. Sad But True
8. Orion (First time played live since 2014)
9. One
10. Master of Puppets
11. For Whom the Bell Tolls
12. Enter Sandman
Encore:
13. Whiskey in the Jar
14. Hardwired
15. Seek & Destroy (followed by very brief "The Frayed Ends of Sanity" jam session)

Edited by Silent Jay

On September 30, 2016 at 2:57 AM, Silent Jay said:

Jimmy Fallon Tonight Show

This performance kicked a fair amount of ass! I happened to still be up that night & caught it on tv. Loved it. Can't wait for this album. ?

Hetfield still showing today's young metal vocalists that you can still put a little melody into a chorus and it still sounds bad ass. The main reason I can't stand new metal bands today is almost all the singers just do the screamo shit...

• Like 1

Metallica: Cunning Stunts (1998)

and get us all feeling fucking good in here.

So follow me, friends.

We don't give a shit!

We don't give a shit!

It's starting to feel a little better.

Yeaaaa,now we all feel fuckin great baby!

Lars half bald and half hair and unshaved dirty face looks ridiculous.

Edited by Majestic Beast

METALLICA Announces Casting Calls For New Video

METALLICA will film a video for an as-yet-undisclosed new song on October 11-12 in the San Francisco Bay Area. The band has issued casting calls for multiple roles of all ethnicities, including for fans to cheer on while METALLICA performs and individuals who are able to "engage in lightly choreographed fighting."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-announces-casting-calls-for-new-video/

Who wants to go there?:P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

METALLICA Announces Casting Calls For New Video

METALLICA will film a video for an as-yet-undisclosed new song on October 11-12 in the San Francisco Bay Area. The band has issued casting calls for multiple roles of all ethnicities, including for fans to cheer on while METALLICA performs and individuals who are able to "engage in lightly choreographed fighting."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-announces-casting-calls-for-new-video/

Who wants to go there?:P

Repentless!

Probably for the lemmy tribute song, Murder One.

On 10/1/2016 at 0:42 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

This performance kicked a fair amount of ass! I happened to still be up that night & caught it on tv. Loved it. Can't wait for this album. ?

Hetfield still showing today's young metal vocalists that you can still put a little melody into a chorus and it still sounds bad ass. The main reason I can't stand new metal bands today is almost all the singers just do the screamo shit...

Yeah, 2016 Metallica is definitely where the kids are going for inspiration

3 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Not many people will agree with me but Matt Shadows and Corey Taylor are 10x better then current Hetfield.

Get the fuck outta here man :lol:

I pretty much detest Hetfield's voice these days, but the poor bastard doesn't deserve to be lumped in with those guys.

7 hours ago, Dan H. said:

Yeah, 2016 Metallica is definitely where the kids are going for inspiration

Probably not. I guess it's the natural progression of rock- old farts like me don't like the new guys much... Metallica isn't gonna break any new ground these days for sure. But I just hope the kids are aware of what pioneers Metallica were back in the time of their first 4 albums...