Spit Out the Bone

Disc Three (Deluxe Edition Only)

Lords of Summer

Ronnie Rising Medley

When a Blind Man Cries

Remember Tomorrow

Helpless (Live at Rasputin Music)

Hit the Lights (Live at Rasputin Music)

The Four Horsemen (Live at Rasputin Music)

Ride the Lightning (Live at Rasputin Music)

Fade to Black (Live at Rasputin Music)

Jump in the Fire (Live at Rasputin Music)

For Whom the Bell Tolls (Live at Rasputin Music)

Creeping Death (Live at Rasputin Music)

Metal Militia (Live at Rasputin Music)

Hardwired (Live in Minneapolis)

Mgz_Sub_INT_20161117160607.jpg

Edited by Silent Jay

43 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

They gotta be planning a huge tour soon, the stage show is massive.

Metallica always delivers live imo, they really are great. I'd totally see them again

It's not that different to their usual festival rig. It's extremely similar to what I saw at both gigs I caught in 2014.

The stream is cool, but the setlist so far is super bland. Ride The Lighting is the only moderately exciting pick so far, and that still gets played live a decent amount.

8 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Lars said they wouldn't be digging deep with this shows setlist though.

They brought out some nice surprises last year though.

They don't even have to dig deep to please me though - hell, just give me The Four Horseman or Battery and I'll happily shut my mouth. Even a song or two from Death Magnetic would appease me. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Having seen them in 1996, I can confirm that they are an excellent machine like arena band however every opinion I read now complains about James's vocals!

Rightly so, he needs to get back to the growl. Same boat as Axl, the raspier he is, the better he sounds. The early songs lose a lot of power when he actually sings them instead of snarls them.

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why are they playing live? They're supposed to be making an album. That was where I thought they were right now, in the studio, making an album? They have never had an album since 2008 (sounds familiar!).

Hetfield mentioned the album, said they are working on it, even though it does look to everyone else that they are just doing gigs and everything but a record. Said It's nearly done, but stopped short of promising any dates or timeline. Best guess probably the end of this year Oct(ish) or early 2017. These guys are slow, so it could easily be 2017 hopefully not. I think Metallica are much more reliable when they say it's nearly ready If Axl says it, you have to take it with a bottle of salt :D

Think they actually jammed a bit of a new song, lars kicked it off, Hetfield turned around to lars and smiled, then he took his guitar off after playing a few bars. GnR / Metallica co-headline tour 2017!!! ;) 

Actually watched the BBC doc (good early live clips, but really missed not having Interviews with the guys, just Steven and Matt and the rest were clips from old interviews, overall OK though, not sure about the white rabbit??) at the same time as the gig, flicking back and forward during the overplayed songs. Metallica sounded pretty great, Lars was on form, Hetfields voice was good but not the best I've heard him (even recently). Kirk a wee bit sloppy, Rob even missed a few beats here and there (which is unusual). Loved Kirk throwing out the riffs for Bleeding me and Hero of the day. It would have been awesome if they played either song.

Stage looked crazy, those screens are enormous - loved the new video work! Liked how Seek N destroy wasn't the last song too, change of pace.

I've seen them 5/6 times and they are brilliant live, better in doors though. Gonna definitely catch them again when they come around, haven't seen them since 2010 on DM tour.

• 4 weeks later...

I see Metallica are re-releasing Kill 'Em All and Lightening as whopping ten disc boxsets with accompanying hefty price tags; there will be a normal single disc version also. Some of the track details can be found here,

https://metallica.com/kill-ride-deluxe

More information,

https://metallica.com/blog/news/384030/kill-em-all-ride-the-lightning-remastered-reissued

Edited by DieselDaisy