[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

I need to listen a few more times before I right a little mini review, but I am very happy with this album. Its like a "greatest hits", there are groovy/heavy/mid tempo songs that call back to the Black Album- ReLoad 90s, straight up 80s thrash, and some more jammy "epic" stuff seen on Death Magnetic.

Production is great, riffs are monstrous, James' voice is great, and Lars thankfully gets most improved band member. I thought the leads were overall a little more inspired on Death Magnetic, but Kirk has a few standout moments.

Spit Out The Bone is also the greatest Metallica song in 20 years and one of their best ever imo

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I need to listen a few more times before I right a little mini review, but I am very happy with this album. Its like a "greatest hits", there are groovy/heavy/mid tempo songs that call back to the Black Album- ReLoad 90s, straight up 80s thrash, and some more jammy "epic" stuff seen on Death Magnetic.

Production is great, riffs are monstrous, James' voice is great, and Lars thankfully gets most improved band member. I thought the leads were overall a little more inspired on Death Magnetic, but Kirk has a few standout moments.

Spit Out The Bone is also the greatest Metallica song in 20 years and one of their best ever imo

i have heard like only three songs but they sound damn good to me rock3

If this was an honest 6-8 album, it would be a lot better than DM. The production and mixing here is top notch, the best songs are better than the standouts in DM, imo. I'd have it released like this:

1- Hardwired

2- Atlas, Rise!

3-  Now That We're Dead

4- Moth Into Flame

5- ManUnkind

6- Halo On Fire

7- Here Comes Revenge

8- Spit Out The Bone

There... Release the rest like Beyond Magnetic. If Lars wants cash, charge 5 bucks for it, make it a bundle with live tracks, I dunno. We're in 2016, ain't nobody got time for a double album with each track having an average of 6min.

EDIT: Or they could have made version exclusives with bonus songs. That would have been a great marketing move. iTunes exclusive, Spotify exclusive,  CD exclusive, pre-order exclusive, Vinyl exclusive. 

Edited by Cosmo

8 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Stop breathing
And dedicate to me
Stop dreaming
And terminate for me

(Lars double bass madness)

All meaning
You dedicate to me
All feelings
You terminate for me

I really didn't believe they still had that in them. If it was recorded in 1986 it would be consider a classic now. I'm sure

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, ZoSoRose said:

I have to agree with you Spit Out The Bone is the greatest song on there. That song is wicked and a instant classic. Reminds me of their old thrash songs. Everyone shines on that song.

1. hardwired- good opening gets the blood pumping for the album.

2. atlas rise- the maiden influence is awesome, probably my favorite song so far.

3. now that we're dead- a good song i like it, pretty catchy

4. moth into flame- really good track

5. dream no more- song sucks

6, halo on fire- reminds me of thin lizzy a bit. my second favorite track on disk 1. 

i want to give it a couple more listens before i give a number to the songs. onto disk 2

disk 2.

1.confusion- really good song, and a very strong opener.

2.manUnkind- mediocre, doesn't do a whole lot for me on the first listen

3. here comes the revenge- good song, especially the first half of it.

4. am i savage- middle of the road track, not bad but not great either

5. murder one- sucks, starts out interesting but just drags on and on.

6. spit out the bone - this is what i'm talking about, that breakdown before the solo was awesome. probably the best solo on the album.

i need to give it a couple of listens, but i have really mixed feelings on it so far. it would have worked a lot better as a 7 or 8 track album. first album is a lot better than the second.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

Dream No More is the cousin of Sad But True,music is seperate to load influence,black album vibe reminder,Spit Out is a proof from James that if we want to play thrash that's they way it goes.And there is no ballad,no unforgiven 4,thank god.

Don't blame kirk at all,he lost a ton of music cause of lost Iphone and now says they excluded him from writting sessions.

Kirk Hammett felt excluded from Hardwired writing sessions

Exclusive: Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett says he struggled with his diminished role on Hardwired – as Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield took the reins

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-11-05/kirk-hammett-felt-excluded-from-hardwired-writing-sessions

Edited by Majestic Beast

Metallica just did a two hours interview here in french TV (canal +). They also played Atlas Rise and Master Of Puppets and were in excellent mood.

Holy christmas.

Wednesday, November 16

9:00 AM PST – “Dream No More” (Directed by Tom Kirk) – Gshow Globo, Brazil
11:00 AM PST – “Confusion” (Directed by Claire Marie Vogel) – Rolling Stone, USA
1:00 PM PST – “ManUNkind” (Directed by Jonas Åkerlund) – Bravewords, Canada
3:00 PM PST – “Now That We’re Dead” (Directed by Herring & Herring) – Pitchfork, USA
5:00 PM PST – “Here Comes Revenge” (Directed by Jessica Cope) – Triple M, Australia
7:00 PM PST – “Am I Savage” (Directed by Herring & Herring) – Ro69.JP (Rockin’ On), Japan
9:00 PM PST – “Halo On Fire” (Directed by Herring & Herring) – BiLD/Metal Hammer, Germany
11:00 PM PST – “Murder One” (Directed by Robert Valley) – Le Parisian, France

Thursday, November 17

1:00 AM PST – “Spit Out The Bone” (Directed by Phil Mucci) – NME, England
3:00 AM PST – “Lords of Summer” (Directed by Brett Murray) – Aftonbladet, Sweden