[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

I don't know if anyone can be surprised that a Metallica album hit #1 in a ton of places :lol: but it's good to see that they've still got drawing power

Dug out Load through St. Anger to give them another chance, at least half of those albums have seemed very forgettable but maybe with a fresh perspective they'll be better

14 minutes ago, Gackt said:

I don't know if anyone can be surprised that a Metallica album hit #1 in a ton of places :lol: but it's good to see that they've still got drawing power

Dug out Load through St. Anger to give them another chance, at least half of those albums have seemed very forgettable but maybe with a fresh perspective they'll be better

Death Magnetic peaked #1 in 34 countries, it goes beyond now. Incredible. But #2 in UK.

18 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Wow Holy Sweet Jesus!

"Hardwired... To Self-Destruct" has reached No. 1 in 57 countries around the globe. 

Additionally, the record found its way into the Top 3 in 75 countries and Top 5 in 105 countries. 

"We're not quite sure we can even name 105 countries!", the band noted. 

Full Statement:

"Now that the four of us are back at home, getting settled and decompressing after one of the craziest, wildest and greatest weeks of our career, word has gotten to us over the weekend that 'Hardwired... To Self-Destruct' is number one in a staggering 57 countries, Top 3 in 75 countries and Top 5 in 105 countries! We’re not quite sure we can even name 105 countries! 

"Wow... what an insane awesome ride it's been. We are stunned, beyond grateful and truly appreciative that not only have Metallica fans embraced 'Hardwired... To Self-Destruct' beyond our wildest expectations, but more importantly, we're proud to see that hard rock and metal is still viable and matters in 2016... TO SO MANY PEOPLE! The support, excitement, and love from all corners of the planet means so much to us and we are sincerely blown away by the response. 

"The story has just begun and there is so much more to come, but we want to thank you for making this such a special time in Metallica history. We look forward to seeing you out on the road as we're just getting started here. Please keep your posts, photos, comments, critiques and stories coming our way!!" 

god i love metallica

I like this album a lot more than Death Magnetic as a Metallica fan; DM felt like they listened to And Justice For All on repeat and made a clone of that album, while Hardwired feels more like something fresh but still has that vintage Metallica songwriting from multiple eras of the band

My only issue with the album is putting the CD version on two separate discs, seems like it was only done that way to double the units sold amount

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

I like this album a lot more than Death Magnetic as a Metallica fan; DM felt like they listened to And Justice For All on repeat and made a clone of that album, while Hardwired feels more like something fresh but still has that vintage Metallica songwriting from multiple eras of the band

My only issue with the album is putting the CD version on two separate discs, seems like it was only done that way to double the units sold amount

Load was longer by minute and was not double CD :)

Gave disc 1 a few listens yesterday .Like what I'm hearing so far.How awesome that a band that's been around for as long as they have with an extensive discography still care about putting out new music in this era.Can't wait till they come to town they always kill it live 

13 hours ago, bran said:

after a few spins of both albums i would probably rate this album around a 6.5/10. it would have been a much better 8 song single album.

Totally. They released all they had because of the huge gap between albums but I think it was a huge mistake. If they'd made it an 8-track, it'd be their best since Justice.