[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

Gotta say, this album has really grown on me. I was unsure at first, but I think this is the most I've enjoyed a Metallica album since 1991.

Am I Savage is a fucking beast of a song. Have they performed this live yet? I'm dying to see it performed.

My top 5 on the album are:

1. Am I Savage

2. Atlas, Rise!

3. Moth Into Flame

4. Dream No More

5. ManUNkind

I have two fairly unpopular opinions about the album. 1. I feel Spit Out The Bone is a tad overrated and 2. I feel the title track is better than its given credit for.

Overall though, their strongest album in years imo.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Gotta say, this album has really grown on me. I was unsure at first, but I think this is the most I've enjoyed a Metallica album since 1991.

Am I Savage is a fucking beast of a song. Have they performed this live yet? I'm dying to see it performed.

1. Am I Savage

2. Atlas, Rise!

3. Moth Into Flame

4. Dream No More

5. ManUNkind

I have two fairly unpopular opinions about the album. 1. I feel Spit Out The Bone is a tad overrated and 2. I feel the title track is better than its given credit for.

Me too. I love this record. So much variety. Right now Dream No More is my favorite but it changes almost weekly. Cant believe I didnt care for Am I Savage and ManUNkind when it came out. Those songs kick absolute ass

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

1. Am I Savage

2. Atlas, Rise!

3. Moth Into Flame

4. Dream No More

5. ManUNkind

Still not played live, they played 7 new ones so far:

Hardwired

Atlas

Moth

Halo On Fire

Now that we're dead

Dream No More

Confusion

And, also, they played 37 different songs in 13 shows this year so far...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Am I Savage is not very good. Murder One is underwhelming.

I think the whole album is underehelming.  I'll give them credit, they gave it a good effort.  I just can't listen to any song on the record where i don't feel myself thinking...skip to the next one...for one reason or another.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I think the whole album is underehelming.  I'll give them credit, they gave it a good effort.  I just can't listen to any song on the record where i don't feel myself thinking...skip to the next one...for one reason or another.

Dude- there's not gonna be another Master (or Appettite). It's an album just loaded with great fuckin riffs and heavy songs. Their days of being pioneers are over (GnR too). There's some great tunes on there (hopefully we get some GnR). I don't know man- I'm an original Metallicat (as I know you are too) and I fuckin love it for what it is- better than 99% of the shit out there. :)

54 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Dude- there's not gonna be another Master (or Appettite). It's an album just loaded with great fuckin riffs and heavy songs. Their days of being pioneers are over (GnR too). There's some great tunes on there (hopefully we get some GnR). I don't know man- I'm an original Metallicat (as I know you are too) and I fuckin love it for what it is- better than 99% of the shit out there. :)

I feel ya....I'm trying to dig it, but man I just can't.  

• Like 1

On 3/9/2017 at 6:12 PM, tsinindy said:

I feel ya....I'm trying to dig it, but man I just can't.  

You don't like the new album? I strongly disliked it the first four listens but I kept going back to it and I fucking love it now. 3 of the songs I do dislike but the rest are fucking killer. It's amazing a band can compose songs like this at 55.

4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Question for you guys.... Death Magnetic or Hardwired?

Hardwired. Death Magnetic had some good songs and some amazing riffs but it wasn't really good overall at all. Also production doesn't help either. Hardwired is legitimately good where all songs are between 5/10 to 11/10

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Hardwired. Death Magnetic had some good songs and some amazing riffs but it wasn't really good overall at all. Also production doesn't help either. Hardwired is legitimately good where all songs are between 5/10 to 11/10

Yeah, I feel the same. Only songs on DM I still enjoy are The End Of The Line and That Was Just Your Life.

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Question for you guys.... Death Magnetic or Hardwired?

Definitely Hardwired. Liked it more right away. I think I've actually listened to it more than DM, which is crazy to think about. Still, I like DM. It was just plagued with issues. The engineering was awful. And not just because the record was loud. James' voice sounded so dry, the bass was barely audible, the guitars sounded sterile, etc. Hardwired isn't perfectly produced, but it's a hell of a lot better, and James sounds like a fucking beast again. The best he's sounded since 1996-98, which is quite a feat.

• Like 1