[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 1:50 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Pro- Metallica is doing an exclusive live drive in concert. They play in Cali and you can watch the performance from your car on the big screen. Very neat idea!

Con- Over $100 per car. WHAT THE FUCK

Pass

Very cool idea but I was also immediately put off my the price of it. 

15 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

They should really be charging per person in the car. $100 per car is expensive if you’re the only one watching in there

Thats why you gotta take the bois along for the ride. Like $20 a person

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metallex78 said:

They should really be charging per person in the car. $100 per car is expensive if you’re the only one watching in there

Exactly. I’d be going to it on my own, so it would be $100 for just me. If you’ve got people to go with it wouldn’t be so bad. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 10:50 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Pro- Metallica is doing an exclusive live drive in concert. They play in Cali and you can watch the performance from your car on the big screen. Very neat idea!

Con- Over $100 per car. WHAT THE FUCK

Pass

I'll just wait for the double dip blu-ray

By the way, for S&M 2, does anyone know if there will be isolated band/orchestra tracks like the S&M dvd?

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2020 at 8:13 AM, Chris 55 said:

I'll just wait for the double dip blu-ray

By the way, for S&M 2, does anyone know if there will be isolated band/orchestra tracks like the S&M dvd?

I don’t know, but I was wondering the same thing, as they did it for the first S&M.

I've ordered the box set, which will hopefully be here tomorrow, and I’ll let you know if it is! 

went to the drive in concert. Crowd was having fun with it. We were all honking our horns and what not after songs. Lars slowed down almost  every song to near album tempo, even for "One" (which he always speeds up astronomically, among others).

The songs greatly benefited from that.

James sounded great, as good as S&M2 vocals, no noticable autotune or anything. The mixing was a little weird, but once you cranked the car radio it made more sense. Lars double kick drum was VERY audible for once (as opposed to their youtube videos)

Fun stuff

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 3:54 AM, W-A-R said:

You know, I kinda like the original version better. I don't like this one as much as the first go around. Disk 2 is wasted potential with 2 tracks dedicated to Lars wasting 5 minutes just talking and then the conductor (I think?) talking. Leave that for the liner notes. I do wish there was at least one new song this time too. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 8:29 PM, gt72 said:

Couple hometown shows in December announced to help celebrate 40th anniversary of band.Have to be a member of fan club to enter to purchase tickets 

Even though I live in Europe and there's a travel ban, seeing what they did for the 30 years shows (Jason!!!), I had to enter for this. I'm a legacy member, so wait and see. Hoping coving doesn't ruin everything...

Funny that for quite a long periode my interest in Metallica had faded away, but it's came back pretty good since I went to the S&M2 show. Can't say the same for GN'R though, haven't bothered to purchase a ticket.

Edited by The Black

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...