[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

Great album. Listened to it probably at least 15 times or more so far.

Spit Out The Bone, Now That We're Dead, Moth Into Flame, Halo On Fire - All amazing tracks.

Am I Savage is the weakest track on the album probably, in my opinion; Not a huge fan of it. The chorus on Here Comes Revenge is a little monotonous, but that's a minor gripe. No real complaints with anything else. I love it.

• Like 1

My favorites are Spit Out the Bone, Moth Into Flame, Halo On Fire and Dream No More!!

Above tracks are really really good IMO but the album drags a little on the second disc. It could/should have been shortened a little and it would have been even better

Edited by Nostalgia^

Didn't listen to the album for about 5 days. Played it again today, it was :o experience. It was good when I listened it to before but it clicked today. 

I have a confession to make. I went on youtube and watched Spit Out The Bone reaction videos. Literally everyone went from :headbang: to big smile after first "SPIT OUT THE BOOOONE" 

Ok been listening to the album quite a bit. It is really good!

1. Hardwired- The lyrics are stupid but I've grown to really like this tune in the context of the record. Short, fast, furious, to the point. Sounds like a kick ass song from the old days. Wish a few of songs on disc 2 were more like this actually.

2. Atlas, Rise- Love this song. Kind of Death Magneticy jam at the end. Cool chorus and I like the harmonized guitars. One of my favorites on the album

3. Now That We're Dead- Black Albumy to me. Kind of cheesy lyrics but sweet riffs and grooves. Solid.

4. Moth Into Flame- Great tune. Catchy.

5. Dream No More- Black Albumy again. Its great. Like the vocal effects.

6. Halo On Fire- One of my favorite songs on the album. This is the ballad, I guess. The second half is really cool and might be my favorite solo on the record.

7. Confusion- One of my favorite riffs on the record. Almost Sabbathy. Bluesy Kirk solos. Fuck yeah.

8. ManUNkind- This is sadly where the album loses steam for me. This and the next few tunes aren't bad, but they aren't really standouts for me. This is like a heavier Load song, but not as catchy for me so far. Its cool, I like listening to it.

9. Here Comes Revenge- Same as above... its alright with some cool guitars but is also overlong.

10. Am I Savage?- Once again, same as above. Maybe my favorite of this lump of tunes, and has some cool moments but is just "ok"

11. Murder One- Same as above for me... again. Its cool but meh. Probably my least favorite song on the album. Sort of forgettable.

12. Spit Out The Bone- FUCK YEAH. Everything that has been said about this song has been said. Best fucking thing they've done in 20 years.

Overall, its a very solid album. Worth 8 years? Probably not, but its a solid follow up to Death Magnetic. To me, there isn't a bad song on it, but the 4 song stretch of "meh" songs on disc 2 hurts it. The production is great, though, and Hetfield's vocals and Lars' drumming are super improved. I really enjoyed Death Magnetic, but I am glad to see them writing more concise, focused songs now. 8/10 album for me.

Edited by ZoSoRose

I like this album a lot more than I thought I would, based on the first youtube clips.

hardwired is a great opener. with a decent stereo this sounds so powerfull. much better than a shoddy youtube clip on a computer speaker.

like another poster on here said, at the end of my first listen of the first disc I was starting to lose interest but that was because I wanted and expected fast rockers. I dismissed them too quick for being slower songs. But I've given them a chance and they are very great songs.

the separation of the album over two discs is pointless though. I've ripped them and put them together in a folder, and listen to the whole album on shuffle. It'd very eclectic. It's something for everybody. It has load hints, but even those songs sound more powerfull than anything on load. having load hints means a small blues lick here and there. Overall james' chords crash through, in a way that was unheard on load. I love load btw, I love it even more in the context of hardwired.

I'm more than relieved to note that james vocals are absolutely spot on. there are no weird vocal adventures like on "that was just your life" or the whole of st anger. his vocals are powerfull, to the point and effective. you can blast this album out of your car speakers without worries!

I like it better than death magnetic. and wasn't DM the best thing they did in 20 years? this is even better

The first side is much better than the second. The arsehole falls out (a bit) on the second disc but there is nothing on this album that is obnoxiously bad. Fun album: big chugging riffs, thrashy but groovy, and melodic choruses, rather like Death Magnetic spliced with Reload. Lyrics completely silly of course. I'd give it 3/5. Favourite songs: 'Atlas', 'We're Dead', 'Halo', 'Moth'.

Edited by DieselDaisy
Further thoughts

1 hour ago, AslatIE said:

I don't get how people dislike Murder One, I think it's pretty damn awesome, especially that riff that kick in 0:44.

Edit: Then again I am a fan of Chinese Democracy :lol:

I like it too. I'm with others that second cd is less good (can't say worse) than first but it's cause of Manunkind and Am I Savage?, I like Murder One and Here Comes Revenge a lot. Yeah, that riff is awesome

Just now, Nicklord said:

I like it too. I'm with others that second cd is less good (can't say worse) than first but it's cause of Manunkind and Am I Savage?, I like Murder One and Here Comes Revenge a lot. Yeah, that riff is awesome

Yeah, those two are stinkers. If Atlas Shrugged was on disc two instead of ManUNkind, it would've been much better.

• Like 1