[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

41 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

METALLICA is rumored to be planning a U.S. stadium tour this summer, with support from AVENGED SEVENFOLD and VOLBEAT. The trek, which will consist of at least twenty shows, is expected to be officially announced later this month.

Source?   

14 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor-metallica-to-tour-u-s-with-avenged-sevenfold-volbeat/

Hope its true so I can finally see these fuckers, and I love A7X too.

I also need to be able to plan the rest of my GN'R shows this summer. 

Man, interesting....this summer is so stacked in the US with shows and both GnR and U2 doing stadiums, I just didn't see Metallica fitting in the landscape, especially in stadiums.  But with AX7 along for the ride (volbeat) as well, that makes more sense.

maybe they'll actually come to Indy where everyone else bypasses and I'll check them out again.  Not a band Id travel anywhere to see any more.

Edited by tsinindy

On February 8, 2017 at 7:41 PM, Black Sabbath said:

St. Louis is just under 13 hours for me and I'm going. What now?!

Does the St. Louis gig hold value for because of its history with the band?

On February 8, 2017 at 6:45 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, I am considering doing that for U2. Going to skip GNR, though.

How far are you from Chicago drive wise?

32 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

That's worth it for U2. I'm driving 5 hours to Dallas for the Joshua tree tour.

Yeah I love U2. I saw them in East Lansing in 2011 for 360 and drove to Chicago to see them for the I+E tour (missed half the show but it was still worth it cause they played Bad and a bunch of other songs I didn't get the first time).

I am SURE they will come here again when Songs of Experience comes out, but I might have to see them again this year for One Tree Hill. Damn band.....

ANYWAYS, back to Metallica lol. Saw them twice when they did their Orion festival in Detroit a few years ago. The first set was a surprise set where they did Kill Em All in its entirety. It was unreal. Second night I got to see their full set and was up close. Caught 2 guitar picks. I know I can't top my Metallica live experience, but I'll be happy to see them in an actual venue and can't wait to hear songs from Hardwired. A7X would be a great opener. Haven't seen them yet. Would prefer a band like Ghost over Volbeet, but that's fine.

Edited by ZoSoRose

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah I love U2. I saw them in East Lansing in 2011 for 360 and drove to Chicago to see them for the I+E tour (missed half the show but it was still worth it cause they played Bad and a bunch of other songs I didn't get the first time).

I am SURE they will come here again when Songs of Experience comes out, but I might have to see them again this year for One Tree Hill. Damn band.....

ANYWAYS, back to Metallica lol. Saw them twice when they did their Orion festival in Detroit a few years ago. The first set was a surprise set where they did Kill Em All in its entirety. It was unreal. Second night I got to see their full set and was up close. Caught 2 guitar picks. I know I can't top my Metallica live experience, but I'll be happy to see them in an actual venue and can't wait to hear songs from Hardwired. A7X would be a great opener. Haven't seen them yet. Would prefer a band like Ghost over Volbeet, but that's fine.

Just hope the band plays arenas and stadiums. But with James limiting the number of shows to 50 a year maybe stadiums is the better option for the band. God I would love to see a GNR/Metallica tour.

According to my eyes and ears and other internet forums Ghost bomb every opening set usually cause 90% of the crowd finds them incredibly boring. You do not want that :lol: Volbeat is basically Elvis Metallica so they'll make the better show with that crowd 

Edited by Nicklord

50 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Just hope the band plays arenas and stadiums. But with James limiting the number of shows to 50 a year maybe stadiums is the better option for the band. God I would love to see a GNR/Metallica tour.

I am in the minority but I really like stadium shows. Feels like a big event.

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

one way or round trip? :) drove to Vegas and it was a 14 hour round trip ;)

One way. I flew to Vegas! Awesome time. 

I saw them 3 times last year, so I don't feel compelled to drive that far

• Like 1