[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

On 3/3/2016 at 7:41 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I see Metallica are re-releasing Kill 'Em All and Lightening as whopping ten disc boxsets with accompanying hefty price tags; there will be a normal single disc version also. Some of the track details can be found here,

https://metallica.com/kill-ride-deluxe

More information,

https://metallica.com/blog/news/384030/kill-em-all-ride-the-lightning-remastered-reissued

alot of discs lol, i might splurge on this, although im surprised this is happening cause i thought they were gonna release this last summer and then nothing happened...

ok although now idk, 150 for each box set is kinda pricey, maybe ill just do the single disc lol

Edited by Andrew07

Lars said,

METALLICA Hints At "Real, Heavy" New Album In The Second Half Of 2016

Hopefully we should be able to knock that on the head this spring, I would guess.

http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/metallica-hints-at-real-heavy-new-album-in-the-second-half-of-2016

Finally...

Edited by Majestic Beast

I don't have the link, but Lars mentioned that later reissues will include a lot more bonus material. Like the Presidio material going along with the St. Anger reissue. I'd eat that up with a spoon.

Still, it's Lars, so who the fuck knows if that'll actually happen? There have always been rumours about that Presidio material surfacing in some form, but maybe we'll finally get it.

Ehhh, not sure how I feel about him for production duties. Hopefully the band learned their lesson from the shitstorm that DM got. Fidelman has gotten the band to sound good. They sounded decent on Lulu, and I think he also did the Ronnie Rising medley, which was okay for production also. We'll see.

• 1 month later...

I really think the new album's taking ages to push out because they're creatively stumped, they've even dropped Lords of Summer from their recent shows

Death Magnetic/Beyond Magnetic was good, but not good enough to keep people occupied for eight years :lol:

• Like 2

I really don't believe there's any potential in any future material by Metallica. The dudes have lost it, they're completely off the track. And this album seems lime something they're doing by obligation, like fans are pressuring them for this but they don't really want to do it. Every interview is like "yeah... We're taking our time, we do so many important things like playing Antarctica and making a kick ass Metallica movie so.. There's no room for actually MAKING music.. That shit's just not important to us anymore."

7 hours ago, Johnny Drama said:

I thought you're a fan  (of the old shit? )?

You got it, I am- it's become the thing to say but the first three albums and the EPs are where it's at.

I like LOAD a lot too actually.

I guess I'm a dullard :lol: