[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

This band is over I don't know why I keep coming back. Lars is a terrible drummer and James doesn't have anything to say anymore. I will still give the album a chance when it comes out. I don't expect much.

James can still come up with cool riffs though. Bass player is good and his monster walk is funny.

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

This band is over I don't know why I keep coming back. Lars is a terrible drummer and James doesn't have anything to say anymore. I will still give the album a chance when it comes out. I don't expect much.

James can still come up with cool riffs though. Bass player is good and his monster walk is funny.

I was watching recent Metallica vids on Youtube and yea what happened to Lars...

Lars comes off as an overenthusiastic puppy dog, but he pretty much owns, controls and handles Metallica business. 

The first two album reissues are also on Spotify if you want to just hear the concerts and demos and not spend the money.

I don't know if this next album will be distributed through a major or self-released, at least when it comes to rolling the vinyl and CDs out. 

On 28/04/2016 at 1:39 AM, Cosmo said:

I really don't believe there's any potential in any future material by Metallica. The dudes have lost it, they're completely off the track. And this album seems lime something they're doing by obligation, like fans are pressuring them for this but they don't really want to do it. Every interview is like "yeah... We're taking our time, we do so many important things like playing Antarctica and making a kick ass Metallica movie so.. There's no room for actually MAKING music.. That shit's just not important to us anymore."

...all a bit reminiscent of when people put CD2 questions to Axl!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New album this fall.

"We're mixing it now, so hopefully by fall it'll be out and hitting people's ears. We're super stoked about it, it's been a long time coming... "This is what we do, we love playing. And the next album is exactly what it's supposed to be. So we're excited about it." Hetfield

11 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

New album this fall.

"We're mixing it now, so hopefully by fall it'll be out and hitting people's ears. We're super stoked about it, it's been a long time coming... "This is what we do, we love playing. And the next album is exactly what it's supposed to be. So we're excited about it." Hetfield

I wonder what he thinks the album is supposed to be. I hope it's supposed to be good. They're probably going to rehash something else. Hopefully it won't be shitty and uninspired like the last 2 attempts and Lulu.

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I wonder what he thinks the album is supposed to be. I hope it's supposed to be good. They're probably going to rehash something else. Hopefully it won't be shitty and uninspired like the last 2 attempts and Lulu.

I really don't know, is it exactly what it's supposed to be? I think he meant it's a Metallica record and they still love playing. I see eight minutes songs with tons of riff. I see Lords Of Summer.

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I hope Metallica goes back to it's roots. The last album I liked was the black album. Metallica needs to find that place again.

The black album wasn't really their roots tho, but I would agree that they would be wise to try to aim for that sound at this age, rather than their 80s thrash sound, which is what they tried to bring back on their last album. If little teaser snippets are anything to go buy tho, this album will likely just be another slightly awkward thrash attempt. So while I'm still looking forward to it, I'm not expecting much.

I don’t know if I have that kind of perspective yet, but I can tell you that it’s coming. Hopefully it’ll be out in the fall, and it definitely sounds like Metallica. It’s probably a little less frenetic than the last record. The last one Rick Rubin really encouraged us to for the first time be inspired by our past. It was the first time we sort of looked in the rearview mirror. This time around it’s a little bit of a different thing. We’re not working with Rick, we’re working with the engineer from the last record, who’s producing, Greg Fidelman. So there’s some of the same production elements at play, but we’re expanding a little bit on the sonics. It’s probably a bit more of a diverse record than the last one. It’s exciting, but I don’t have quite the perspective yet.

https://mag.citizensofhumanity.com/blog/2016/06/16/lars-ulrich/

the album takes too long. and I can name a few albums which took too long and turned out shit.

the best albums in history are recorded within weeks, in a spontaneous, energetic burst of creativity.

they should ditch the "mutltiple songs in one song" approach that DM had. the songs on that one turned out to be exhausting to listen to, bloated and ultimately uninspiring. it had some cool moments though, i'll give it that. but overindulgence killed it, and James needs to be angrier that that.

but yeah, i dont expect them to suddenly become angry twenty year olds again who want to conquer the world.

Edited by action

I really hope that the album differs from Lord of Summer....

They are slowly started to run out of good material, even good riffs so i'd give the new album a fair listen when it comes out, but honestly, they will never be as good as they were

After this new record, they will probably have one more and they're done. Can't see them doing their classics in the 60's (maybe the slower songs, but that's it)

Edited by Strange Broue