What brought the reunion, the thought of money or actual friendship?

ChristmasFnatic

I dont think either comes first matters when it's been hanging over your head 21 years, probably a bit of all of it, money, prestige, playing together again, i mean they must want to, to being going out of there way to reuinite, there's a lot of different factors i suppose, I'm a cynical cunt and always think the worst of everyone so i'd put money ahead of everything but there's a lot thats sweet about it for em potentianlly too.  Maybe over 21 years things get forgotten or don't seem to matter anymore, it's a helluva long time.  Maybe they just got together and went hey, i don't like you and you dont like me but we could get proper paid over here.  Cuz think about it, when you talk about 10 million, shit, i'd hang out with Hitler for that much, fuck it, even if they're still enemies they'd have to be silly to not, who can't you put up with for a few shows, not like you gotta marry the cunt..and 10 million quid, and its not like you can't bear his company, for 10 million you'll put up with although i did sort of pull that number out my arse :lol:  You give your average blue collar worker 10 million dollars he could never have to work again, it's life changing money.  You think all the people who play music in an orchestra are all best mates, or even a string quartet, its a job, you do it cuz you're getting paid, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards dont agree with everything about each other if you look at it, dont hang out together, have differences and have forgiven em cuz they're The Stones, maybe they just grew up a bit.

• Like 1

Money. Slash needs alimony money. Axl squandered a lot of his fortune on Chinese Democracy nonsense and litigation. Two brothers united by pecuniary concerns.  

The idea of Axl and Slash wanting to be friends again is ludicrous. ''Hello cancer, fancy a beer?'' ''Sure, you NIN loving Ayatollah fucker you''. These two barely liked each other during their heyday!!

• Like 2

What brought them together was the us against the world attitude they had when they came up in the biz- Slash , Axl Duff are once in a lifetime musicans that play in the same band - They love making music together ! us fans are are lucky that it happened - get ready for  some  of the best shows you have ever seen - AXL AND SLASH are one of if not the best guitar singer duo ever ! 

Edited by iceman51999
  • Like 1

Axl loves money. Slash probably needs money - which is an assumption here, his solo carreer was a cheap and successful endeavor and he might be on a better situation than Axl himself, but yeah divorce and all.

Axl tried for years to make as much money as possible without the need to make amends with Slash. His hatred was bigger than his greed. I think that Axl really wants to work with Slash again, it can't be just money. If Axl wanted more money with NuGNR he could always do a SA tour or residencies and weddings. Even though it's hard to believe, there's still people willing to pay to see his cover band/solo project, which he calls GNR.

Slash said that some of the negativity the two was gone, by now probably most of it is gone and there's probably space for friendship in this new partnership.

Slash can't headline a huge festival with SMKC and he probably misses that so he's willing to make compromises.

Axl's project fell apart and he would end up retiring from music, I just can't imagine how happy he must be for removing so much negativity and bitterness from his life. He must be in a very GOOD MOOD and cracking more jokes than ever.

Money is the main factor? Yes. But it was the main factor when they founded GNR too. It's their job.

• Like 1

I really hope there is a tiny bit that normal "what if" in there too..

And by that i mean when people gets older and older, they start to realize that statistically there are increasing possibility that they might die to something, maybe even tomorrow.. and when people realize that, they usually start to think and ask for themselves: "if i die tomorrow, am i happy the way thing are? is there something i can/wanna do differently? do i wanna do something more?

Or maybe i'm just a hopeless dreamer?  xD

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Except nobody is quite sure what exactly these 'sins' of Slash are?

Axl believes Slash abandoned him and the band. That's his sin. He always talks about how Slash just walked away from the band, that's how he feels, even though he might've been the one responsible for that.

I don't know, but I do find it interesting that Slash and Axl have repaired their relationship enough to tour together after Duff got to tour and spend time with Axl.

Maybe Duff and Axl talked about the old days and Axl got to work out some of his feelings during that?  Duff seems out of everyone in GNR to be the most wise so no doubt getting to hear Duff's perspective on everything probably influenced him

Although I have no basis for any of that

Money is the main reason most of us bother getting out of bed in the morning, let's be honest.

Anyways, Axl is not "most of us" and it's obvious that some personal issues between him and Slash have been resolved, as the offer of big bucks has always been there.

We all know how much ass those guys kicked together, and love it or hate it all the classic members of GNR have had to live with the shadow of that awesome band's legacy (that none of them have a hope of overshadowing)...this really is giving the fans what they want, if not deserve.

This should have happened years ago, I'm not begrudging anyone making some nice cash out of it, it's a win win  as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I don't think it's about friendship but I don't think it's about money either. I mean, Axl has to be f*cking rich! In this web it says his net worth is $150 million. I think it might be in the middle, they are kind of friends again, and maybe excited about the reunion and about earning some more $$$... who knows. :shrugs:
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/axl-rose-net-worth/

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/music/axl-rose-the-extended-interview-ipad/story-e6freeuu-1226591752718

CA: A lot of people appreciated the fact you stuck to your beliefs and didn't do something to please other people. You must have noticed a precedent for members of other bands reuniting for the right amount of cash or prestige - not the best motivation.

AR: The surprising amount of public support has felt good and, as I've said, is a relief.

In regard to other bands what another person or band does is just that, meaning it is what someone else chooses to do for whatever reasons. I, like anyone, can have an opinion about those choices but ultimately it's not my life or my band and how it affects my life is negligible. As for money and prestige, if one has an opportunity to make money and/or advance their position or place in life there can be a lot to weigh and consider, such as responsibilities, goals and objectives etc. We all make choices, deal with our sense of priorities, principles, ethics, morals, balancing, juggling, making compromises... or not! Ha!

AR: I understand the "romantic" thing, the desire, the fantasy. Personally I haven't wanted other bands to reunite, or really enjoyed it when they have. For me generally something always seemed missing.

But Guns is my life, not someone else's. For me there hasn't been a way to make any type of reunion work regardless of money (either talk or legitimate) without jeopardizing what I feel is the well-being and best interests of nearly everyone I'm involved with in the GNR camp (including myself). People here have big investments of their lives in what we're doing. We've worked hard for what we have here now and continue to do so. I know what I went thru then. I know what I and all of us have gone thru since. People enjoyed the product and the entertainment our lives gave them back in the day, but they weren't the ones actually living those lives together. It's not somewhere I'd go back to or would want to go again. Life's too short.

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/interview-guns-n-roses-frontman-axl-rose-tells-no-lies.html

...the Duff that played these shows with us isn’t really the Duff that I knew from what I’d call “Old Guns” or the Appetite lineup or the Illusions lineup.

Because with this band, with this lineup, everybody goes out and tries to do their very best, and every guy’s on. I don’t have to tell the other guys what to do or anything, they do it on their own. They push each other really, really hard. That also pushed Duff, and he liked the challenge of that. And he got along with the guys really well. He and some of the band and crew were doing their yoga together during the days we were out there, so…

Revolver - I would imagine that's not what was going on in earlier years.

AR: Back in the day? No. Definitely not doing yoga. 

That's when they [Slash and Duff] would drink as much as they could. And they had this game they would play where they would jump over this ditch and slam themselves into a fence. And then slide down into the ditch, kind of in a coma. That was their version of exercise back then. 

• 1 month later...