The look you get when you tell a chick you just met your favorite band is Gun N' Roses

Ace Nova

3 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

What would chicks know about music anyway?

If you're a teenager I guess this stuff is a bigger deal but I've never had a partner/girlfriend/whatever who liked all the same music I did, one came close but didn't like cock rock stuff like GNR.

"What would chicks know about music anyway?".

From the bottom of my heart, I hope you're kidding.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I once fell asleep during a Prodigy concert.

How on earth did you manage that?  I mean apart from interest levels they made an almighty racket.  He's criticised for ripping off Johnny Rotten y'know, the Londoner snarley vocals, the spikey hair, the dance inflected music.  Looking at him the image looks a bit like Vyvyan from The Young Ones :lol:

6 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

What would chicks know about music anyway?

If you're a teenager I guess this stuff is a bigger deal but I've never had a partner/girlfriend/whatever who liked all the same music I did, one came close but didn't like cock rock stuff like GNR.

I've never found anyone who liked all the same music as me, bird or otherwise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

How on earth did you manage that?  I mean apart from interest levels they made an almighty racket.  He's criticised for ripping off Johnny Rotten y'know, the Londoner snarley vocals, the spikey hair, the dance inflected music.  Looking at him the image looks a bit like Vyvyan from The Young Ones :lol:

I actually liked them (at the time) but I must have been tired. I remember they had this big lanky dancer who spent the whole concert skipping side ways (facing the crowd) down the stage. Back and forth he went. It just goes to show that you do not need any discernible talent to be in a band. They fell off the earth, didn't they? They were massive during the Fat of the Land period (this was when I saw them) - as big as the biggest bands at that time such as Oasis - then disappeared overnight. I think they had some Chinese Democracy style saga with a follow up album.

16 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

I don't expect the guy I'm with to like all the bands I like, but him not being into music at all is a deal breaker. 

33 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I once fell asleep during a Prodigy concert.

I was thinking about this and realized I'd probably fall asleep at a U2 concert.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I actually liked them (at the time) but I must have been tired. I remember they had this big lanky dancer who spent the whole concert skipping side ways (facing the crowd) down the stage. Back and forth he went. It just goes to show that you do not need any discernible talent to be in a band. They fell off the earth, didn't they? They were massive during the Fat of the Land period (this was when I saw them) - as big as the biggest bands at that time such as Oasis - then disappeared overnight. I think they had some Chinese Democracy style saga with a follow up album.

Music for a Jilted Generation and Fat of the Land were huge, weren't they?  I remember them for No Good more than anything.

I was thinking about this and realized I'd probably fall asleep at a U2 concert.

They're way too dangerous for me to fall asleep to.  Convulsions, vomiting, that sort of response they'd likely evoke in me in a live setting.  Nausea they manage just through the radio, such is the power of their music :lol:

22 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Music for a Jilted Generation and Fat of the Land were huge, weren't they?  I remember them for No Good more than anything.

They're way too dangerous for me to fall asleep to.  Convulsions, vomiting, that sort of response they'd likely evoke in me in a live setting.  Nausea they manage just through the radio, such is the power of their music :lol:

Omg, you're so right. What I meant by "fall asleep" was "go into a coma".

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is something about U2 which causes immense feelings of hatred. One cannot merely dislike them or find the mildly irritating or boring. You have to hate them with every ounce of hatred that it is possible to conjure up.

Yes, there is something. Its name is Bono.

• Like 1

Here in Brazil it usually goes like this:

A) She likes Guns: She will usually react favorably, asking about your favorite songs and telling you hers. Older girls will usually tell you how they had a crush on Axl back in the day, saying how sexy he was and how bloated he is today. younger chicks will tell you about the gigs they attended to or how they wish they were old enough to do so and that "next time they won't lose it for the shit of it".

B) She's not into Gn'R, but aknowledges they are a big american band that made quite a lot of succes here: She will tell you that she absolutely loves Guns. November Rain, SCOM and Rock You Like A Hurricane are part of the soundtrack of her lifetime.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Here in Brazil it usually goes like this:

A) She likes Guns: She will usually react favorably, asking about your favorite songs and telling you hers. Older girls will usually tell you how they had a crush on Axl back in the day, saying how sexy he was and how bloated he is today. younger chicks will tell you about the gigs they attended to or how they wish they were old enough to do so and that "next time they won't lose it for the shit of it".

B) She's not into Gn'R, but aknowledges they are a big american band that made quite a lot of succes here: She will tell you that she absolutely loves Guns. November Rain, SCOM and Rock You Like A Hurricane are part of the soundtrack of her lifetime.

Where do you live?

Cause I'm from the south of Brazil and here is a totally different scenario. I get eye rolls everytime I talk about GnR. The few people who get it and share my love for the band are my musician friends.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Brazil is GN'R central. Everybody loves GN'R including the new band. I wonder how that is?

It's a curious phenomena isn't it?  Morrissey is apparently massive in Mexico too.  Then again how is it any weirder than rock n roll about coffee coloured cadilacs and the sock hop ball being massive in 1950s England i suppose.

Edited by Len B'stard
illiteracy