I Have A Theory...

When this whole thing started, I didn't want nuGNR members anywhere near the band. But I'm at the point now where I don't really care. If Izzy and Steven can not get their shit together and commit, then I'm fine with Fortus and Frank/Matt. Chris will always be a no.

My main preference is a stable line-up. I don't like the idea of numerous people coming and going, having two drummers etc. Give Izzy and Steven guest spots during the encore, or for one song and then call it day. If they can not step-up now, then they will never.

• Like 1

To have Frank and Richard along as understudies, just in cast Izzy or Steven flake out does not make sense and would be rude to all four.

I think we will see the regrouping play out over several shows, let Axl, Slash and Duff get a feel for each other again.

Izzy seems cool with all three, so he's probably happy to let them take the lime light, he will make an appearance unexpectedly with little fuss.

I think Later in the year or 2017 is probably when we will see all 5 +  whoever.

Stevens probably has a bigger grasp than all of us what it means to have Axl and Slash working together, he's keeping quiet because at last thing are moving fordward.

Why aren't Ferrer and Fortus announced, then?  If they're locked in, why not announce them as part of the lineup with Slash and Duff?  Seems just as rude to me.  It makes sense to advertise Slash and Duff, because if nothing else, they can be counted on to show up and play the songs. Those guys commit.  Izzy and Steven are a couple of question marks, and always have been. 

I mean, look... you guys are probably right.  Like I said, this is nothing but parlor game speculation.  But me... I just don't think the accepted narrative explains Adler's silence, nor does it explain the lack of an announcement of all the players in the band.  There's more here than meets the eye, and I would bet a little money that some attempt at rehearsing the AFD lineup in secret has gone down or is going down.  If it doesn't work, you just plug in F&F and call it a day.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hamnerhead said:

Why aren't Ferrer and Fortus announced, then?  If they're locked in, why not announce them as part of the lineup with Slash and Duff?  Seems just as rude to me.  It makes sense to advertise Slash and Duff, because if nothing else, they can be counted on to show up and play the songs. Those guys commit.  Izzy and Steven are a couple of question marks, and always have been. 

I mean, look... you guys are probably right.  Like I said, this is nothing but parlor game speculation.  But me... I just don't think the accepted narrative explains Adler's silence, nor does it explain the lack of an announcement of all the players in the band.  There's more here than meets the eye, and I would bet a little money that some attempt at rehearsing the AFD lineup in secret has gone down or is going down.  If it doesn't work, you just plug in F&F and call it a day.

What's the point of announcing Ferrer and Fortus. They won't sell ANY additional tickets. That's why you only see and read about Axl,Slash,Duff in the Coachella /Vegas/Mexico ads and videos. If we get Izzy and Adler at select shows that's a bonus. Nobody outside of their immediate friends and family is there to see Frank and Richard play.

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

What's the point of announcing Ferrer and Fortus. They won't sell ANY additional tickets. That's why you only see and read about Axl,Slash,Duff in the Coachella /Vegas/Mexico ads and videos. If we get Izzy and Adler at select shows that's a bonus. Nobody outside of their immediate friends and family is there to see Frank and Richard play.

Come on... not even a mention in the press release as returning members?  When there's a whole band, they at least include their names somewhere in the release, maybe even a band photo.  These are band members that have been playing to audiences as GN'R for years, at this point.  You'd only leave out their names for a purpose.

And again, Adler is silent.  Why?

4 hours ago, Hamnerhead said:

Come on... not even a mention in the press release as returning members?  When there's a whole band, they at least include their names somewhere in the release, maybe even a band photo.  These are band members that have been playing to audiences as GN'R for years, at this point.  You'd only leave out their names for a purpose.

Good question.. Unfortunately since no one in GNR knows how to communicate,and now with slash and duff falling back in line under captain axls orders, it's a tough call for sure as to what is actually going on. I'm really not sure myself, everybody else is sold based on clues but then again, until we get an official announcement we don't know. 

I think the hybrid line up will be the way forward for 2016 and probably beyond with Adler and izzy making appearances here and there. 

But I've been wonderering recently if frank and fortus are full time this year then making way for the original 5 + dizzy next year. Maybe izzy is testing the water before fully committing and Adler will have to prove himself to the rest of the band first about staying sober and keeping his mouth shut. 

It sounds a bit crazy but with GNR nothing is simple :lol: 

8 hours ago, Hamnerhead said:

Adler’s silent because he’s on his best behaviour on the off chance that he gets to make an appearance or two and doesn’t want to blow it. Nobody gives a shit about Ferrer and Fortus so there’s no point in mentioning them and this is being marketed as a classic GnR reunion tour so why would they be mentioned?

Basically they’re announcing the names of the classic line-up members who are confirmed as full band members. Axl, Slash and Duff are the only full members and that’s all there is to it. Adler and Izzy are probably going to show up but only in a guest capacity so they haven’t been mentioned either.

Frank and Richard will be the full time drummer and rhythm guitar players and will step aside for a song or two if Izzy decides to show up and if Axl throws Adler a bone.

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

My theory hasn't changed. There will inevitably be AFD30 shows next year with Steven and Izzy. It makes marketing a 12-song set a lot easier when it's the only time you'll get to see the classic 5. Until then we get Frank and Richard playing November Rain and Estranged with pyro going off all over the place.

Basically, we get to do the whole reunion thing twice!

This is what I predict,

Guns N' Roses

Axl, Slash, Duff

Backing Musicians

Fortus, Ferrar, Dizzy (perhaps Pitman also)

Guest Musicians

Adler, Stradlin, Sorum, (perhaps Gilby also).

To all intents and purposes, GN'R are a trio. The guest musicians will be slotted around specific dates a la Stones/Mick Taylor/Bill Wyman.

• Like 2