Alice Cooper talks GNR reunion : 'Where's Izzy?'

If Izzy, Adler and Matt end up being part of this then it will be a dream come true. My preference is for Matt to do most of it and then do some stuff together with Steven a la the RRHOF. Similar to Izzy's stint in 2006 and Mick Taylor's recent stint with the Stones. 

Izzy left in 1991. He's not coming back full time..he has his own, low key band. Maybe a full show at some point, but not a full time band member.

Alice should ask himself, 'Why are Dennis Dunaway, Michael Bruce and Neil Smith not in my band anymore?!'

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

Izzy left in 1991. He's not coming back full time..he has his own, low key band. Maybe a full show at some point, but not a full time band member.

Alice should ask himself, 'Why are Dennis Dunaway, Michael Bruce and Neil Smith not in my band anymore?!'

THIS!  I love a lot of Alice's solo stuff, but he really dropped the ball a few years ago when Alice Cooper were inducted into the RnR Hall of Fame.  A small, theater tour in major markets with the original Alice Cooper would've been fantastic.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

If Izzy doesn't like to tour, why did he make guest appearances at past global GN'R shows, when he wasn't even considered a band member?

He seems to be the silent and strong type who enjoys being a musician for the creative process- noted by the number of albums he's released. But this seems to be too good a chance for him to miss IMO.

Because appearances and touring are different things? 

Showing up at a couple of shows here and there to guest appear is pretty different from being a member of a band that has to be on stage every night for months to years on tour all over the country/world.

Edited by Modano09

4 hours ago, nn18 said:

Well, Duff and Slash did....

And Matt does it every year, IIRC, but not this year :shrugs:

Weird.  Axl doesn't seem to do birthday wishes on twitter but I'm sure he does them privately.  Maybe Matt wished Axl a happy birthday via text, but like you said, Matt does it every year publicly except this year.  That's too bad if Matt isn't involved. 

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

2 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Weird.  Axl doesn't seem to do birthday wishes on twitter but I'm sure he does them privately.  Maybe Matt wished Axl a happy birthday via text, but like you said, Matt does it every year publicly except this year.  That's too bad if Matt isn't involved. 

seriously? you people speculating who is in the band based on who wish Axl's ginger ass a happy bday?

This is business and nothiing to do with birthdays....

Izzy doesn't even have social media representation, yet he could still be involved any time....

it's been said here numerous times, that Axl does NOT like Matt, they still got some beef, and Axl always looked at Matt as an employee.... so he chooses his own employee

That's all

20 hours ago, downzy said:

If I had to guess, if they included Izzy in any promotional materials or confirmed his attachment to the group, there would be an expectation of fans who are attending every show for Izzy to be there.   Perhaps Izzy doesn't want to give that kind of commitment, and the band therefore doesn't want to dupe unsuspecting fans by including him in any announcements or promotional materials.  

They are duping fans by not saying anything though. Say what the situation is and then let fans decide knowing the risk that he may not be there. The only reason they aren't saying anyting is in fact to dupe fans into thinking it's a full on original 5 reunion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bono said:

They are duping fans by not saying anything though. Say what the situation is and then let fans decide knowing the risk that he may not be there. The only reason they aren't saying anyting is in fact to dupe fans into thinking it's a full on original 5 reunion. 

Not sure I agree.  They have released promotional spots for both the Vegas and Mexico City dates that include Axl, Duff, and Slash.  No mention of Izzy or Steven or Matt.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bono said:

I completely disagree...it's fairly clear if you are buying a ticket to go see GnR right now you are going to see Axl, Duff and Slash.  Other dudes will be playing with them, but it's no guarantee as to who that will be when the time comes.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I completely disagree...it's fairly clear if you are buying a ticket to go see GnR right now you are going to see Axl, Duff and Slash.  Other dudes will be playing with them, but it's no guarantee as to who that will be when the time comes.

Agreed. As watered down as this reunion is starting to look, they never did advertise anyone but Slash, Duff and Axl.. That is enough for me to go but my expectations have dropped significantly. It seems more like NuGuns than a reunion.. Wasn't a fan of NuGuns..

23 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Oh everything he's written about the GNR reunion he got from here. I just find it funny that now he's finally straight up admitting it and specifically citing Eddie money. 

If Eddie Money is a reliable source -- which many believe him to be -- then there's nothing wrong with the reporter citing him.

Edited by 3rd Wheel

1 hour ago, 3rd Wheel said:

If Eddie Money is a reliable source -- which many believe him to be -- then there's nothing wrong with the reporter citing him.

... Except that he had to still come to the forum. It's legal but still weird because we don't know who Eddie money actually is, and the fact that another source could pick up on that article and misquote it as Eddie money so then, people will think the real Eddie money has the reunion details. It can get messy..

On 9.2.2016 at 5:15 PM, Slash787 said:

I do understand that case with Izzy, but I really don't know why they are not including Matt Sorrum, he is pretty reliable and he should be up there. 

Very simple. Axl. Matt is a Slash and Duff guy. Axl doesn't want to be outnumbered by those guys. He wants to keep control, so that's why he insists on a yes man in his corner.