Alice Cooper talks GNR reunion : 'Where's Izzy?'

Just now, Prozacship said:

It's kind of a bummer for fans. I'm happy I'm going to the Vegas shows but it would have been cool if he stuck through the rest for everyone else.

I lived in LA for 15 years and got to know a lot of people. I hung on to this information for several weeks while he was in negotiations but then thought fans should know. I might have already said too much. This comes from as high as you can get outside of the band.

I don't know about Mexico though.

Why doesn't Izzy want to work with them after this? I hope it's not because they're treating him as an outsider just because he left in 1991. Because everyone got frustrated and left - just because Izzy had a lower tolerance for bullshit and decided to do it earlier shouldn't make him less valuable to this. His contributions were immense

38 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

Why doesn't Izzy want to work with them after this? I hope it's not because they're treating him as an outsider just because he left in 1991. Because everyone got frustrated and left - just because Izzy had a lower tolerance for bullshit and decided to do it earlier shouldn't make him less valuable to this. His contributions were immense

Oh come on, they wouldn't treat him like an outsider... Izzy has been closer to Duff and Slash over the years, then they have been with Axl obviously.

18 hours ago, Prozacship said:

Izzy said after Cochella he doesn't want to deal with them anymore. Straight out of his mouth.

Seriously, can't blame the guy. He seems like a totally down-to-earth person, and by now all this drama and mystery around the "reunion" must be something hard to deal with for him...

1 hour ago, Babooshka said:

How would the silence be hard to deal with?

Knowing that he likes to be low-key, I can imagine that he'd want to avoid greater media scrutiny about himself and the band.

Silence? Low-key? His name hit the headlines more times in the last month than in the previous 5 years! And not for any factual information but rather for speculation and drama. I have a feeling he would simply like to go out and play with his pals, in a well announced tour, with a clear lineup and without much additions - but in GNR land that's simply impossible. And judging by the fact that even those people that are usually vocal about their activities (Duff & Slash) keep quiet - there must be a lot of machinations and contractual obligations going on. I simply don't think that's Izzy's style...

On 2/12/2016 at 0:29 PM, Prozacship said:

The Mexico shows are a different promoter so nothing was said about them. I just know that he signed for both Vegas and Coachella. Izzy said after Cochella he doesn't want to deal with them anymore. Straight out of his mouth.

Why is Izzy always such a downer when it comes to his GN'R friends?  He gets the biggest pass out of all the members in GN'R fandom and he's always wishy-washy with sticking with the band.  UYI, he steps out.  Before Slash and Duff left, he flirts with coming back with the band and then that doesn't pan out.  Velvet Revolver?  He considers it and then nothing comes from it.

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

29 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Why is Izzy always such a downer when it comes to his GN'R friends?  He gets the biggest pass out of all the members in GN'R fandom and he's always wishy-washy with sticking with the band.  UYI, he steps out.  Before Slash and Duff left, he flirts with coming back with the band and then that doesn't pan out.  Velvet Revolver?  He considers it and then nothing comes from it.

He was tired of Axl's shit at the time.. The others would all soon follow.. With VR, he knew Scott was a diva as well and was all set.. He is just a down to earth dude and people respect it. He doesn't seek the flame and glory. He writes music for himself and his love of music. He doesn't even promote the shit.

As a fan of him it does frustrate me somewhat because I used to buy his albums and would love to see him live. 

• Like 1

At what point does being down to earth, low-key and humble become total disregard for fans and the people who support/supported you. I mean he doesn't owe people anything necessarily, but at the same time if you put out albums, have this musical career and subsequent following.... shouldn't you want to do stuff for your fans to some extent? 

Frustrating is the word! I guess the state of the music industry right now isn't very compelling from his perspective. But 20 some shows isn't exactly a pound of flesh. Being comfortable 24/7 isn't good for you anyhow haha. 

Edited by Ant

My thought process was always he'll be there for Vegas, and MAYBE Coachella, but thats it. Scattered shows, if he feels like it, afterwards. Thats based off of nothing but my own thoughts, which I just think makes a lot of sense.

Vegas is an arena, so thats the smallest or tied for smallest they'll play unless they do an insane clubs how in LA. Its also on his birthday, its not quite part of a tour so for what it is it will be a bit more low key. Like, its still kind of before everyone has caught on to this thing. That all just makes sense to me.

Coachella makes sense because my GUESS is thats when we get the full Appetite reunion. For some reason, I don't think Steven will be in Vegas but I think he'll be at Coachella. I think because thats a festival, because it was the first to announce, because they paid so much, the guarantee to them would be THIS will be the Appetite reunion at least for a small portion of the show. They can announce Vegas first even though its smaller and more intimate because it won't be the full thing, and they can announce Mexico because its probably just Axl Slash and Duff and they won't bring any guests.

While I don't agree with it, I would understand Izzy sitting a tour out. It was kind of unrealistic from the start. I HATE giving him a pass, because I do think unfairly people just say "Izzy's Izzy" when he should be held accountable, but I do think that if the tour were given to him as "Appetite lineup and Sorum, in arenas" I think he would have done. He's said in the past for the Hall Of Fame HE wouldn't be the one to hold back what people want so much. I think when it was stadiums, that turned him off, and then I think when they said Steven would only guest and not be a regular he figured his presence outside of a few shows wasn't necessary. He didn't feel like committing to full shows if its not the full original lineup, and he didn't want to bother being dragged around like Mick Taylor was with the Stones to just play a few songs each night. To me, that makes perfect sense, but I'm also just thinking out loud. In a perfect world, it would be a full Appetite reunion, Sorum and Dizzy, but its been so long since that hope that at this point you might as well roll with what they're giving us or choose to ignore it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

This is fun... no one really knows anything about the whole deal, but everyone is assuming so much like they can read the guy's thoughts and know how he ticks.

True, although there's years of past actions to go off of. Honestly, if you've been a fan of Guns N Roses for any time since 1993, half of the fun comes from assuming what these guys are thinking. Its literally the only way to pass the time.

6 minutes ago, tremolo said:

He doesn't care so much about it. Period.
As you say, he doesn't owe anyone anything. The guy likes to make music for the sake of making music. Not for money. Not for fame. He doesn't like being in the spotlight. I think that's pretty clear for everyone.

I think the problem is expecting a big announcement regarding Izzy's involvement with GNR, when we know that is NOT the way he rolls, and not the way GNR rolls. Why would anyone expect GNR to be a functional entity? Why would anyone expect Izzy to be really involved, become a part of the band, sign up for what might be a long world-wide tour?

It is frustrating ONLY if you expect things to go the way YOU want them to go instead of taking it easy and let the whole thing unfold naturally (with little to no information about anything) they way it has always been.

This!

A buddy of mine made a post on Facebook a while back that he could care less about a reunited GnR unless Izzy was involved.  I understand that, but I tried to make a point to him that it is highly likely Izzy may be involved and will be involved only on his terms and he competely refused to accept that as being OK and somehow the whole reunion thing was tainted as a result.  

19 hours ago, Ant said:

But Izzy.... I love you.

Seriously though, please write new songs with them Izz man. I get that touring is a grind and you don't need money so that's fine.... but you love to write! 

The new material was written by Izzy (confirmed by Niven and others), he will be at Vegas and if this holds together, beyond...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Prozacship said:

Actually people do know and those words came straight out of Izzy's mouth. You need to realize that somebody is on the other side of that negotiation and cutting Izzy a check.

I have not read through all the latest posts so sorry if it's been asked before. @Prozacship please can you share, how you know exactly what came out of Izzy's mouth and what negotiations are you are alluding too?

On 2/12/2016 at 2:00 PM, GibsonLP said:

Did this makes me sad. I was 11 when Izzy left originally and it really deflated me at the time. Izzy has always been my favourite. Can you give some kind of hint as to how you have this knowledge??

Why be sad? You're assuming this poster knows what he's talking about and there's no reason to assume such a thing.

BBA posted this :

There has been ongoing, direct communication between Axl & Slash. Everything is on track, so no need to worry.

Izzy and Steven will both be appearing in Vegas too. 

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/24916-have-axl-rose-and-slash-been-in-the-same-room-together-since-the-regroupening/page-2

Edited by supercool