If you could hear one unreleased GN'R track we know about, which would it be and why?

Jackie Chan/Checkmate. As it's one we've, y'know, heard a bit of. I'm always baffled by people who go, "I think Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul aka Soul Monster is the best unreleased song" or whatever, based on nothing more than a title. How can you possibly judge anything about the song without hearing at least some of it? Or even a description?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 11dayempire said:

Jackie Chan/Checkmate. As it's one we've, y'know, heard a bit of. I'm always baffled by people who go, "I think Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul aka Soul Monster is the best unreleased song" or whatever, based on nothing more than a title. How can you possibly judge anything about the song without hearing at least some of it? Or even a description?

actually we know at least bits about it. http://www.gnrevolution.com/song.php?id=3107

Any of them.

I say that before outside of a few descriptions here and there, we don't really know what anything songs like. I guess if I were forced to pick one, I'd say whatever song it was that Axl was talking about where Robin played a SRV-type solo.

5 hours ago, amacfantasy said:

I would say it's between "The General" and "Atlas Shrugged" I would give the tie breaker to "The General" because the idea of it being the sequel to Estranged is too big a burden to hide any longer.

Agreed.  General wins out for me between these two because of the tie to Estranged.

1 hour ago, carsonskitz said:

Definitely 'The General'. Is it true that part of the song was that eerie moody intro they were using at gigs?

Yes, it's pretty much confirmed.

And I'd love to hear The General too. The intro is so epic and dark.

Although Checkmate/Jackie Chan would probably fit much better with the reunion theme. "No efforts spared to save what we had"

Edited by Lies They Tell

There's no reason for me to wish to listen to a song based on its song title. Prostitute was a very interesting title and the song was completely different from what I was expecting. Very underwhelming.

I'd like to listen to anything they might have recorded post UYI, including Zakk and Izzy sessions even if they're only instrumentals.

From Axl's solo project, also called Guns n' Roses, I'd like to listen to any Robin and Buckethead stuff, anything, don't even care about it having Axl's vocals or not. Having said material without Axl's cut and paste production would be a plus.

11 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I'll literally take anything from the Chinese era seeing it that we may never hear anything from it ever. Hopefully some songs leak

Why wouldn't we hear those songs? If Slash is willing to play CD songs on the tour, like he apparently is. Then why wouldn't he be willing to work on the unreleased material?

24 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Why wouldn't we hear those songs? If Slash is willing to play CD songs on the tour, like he apparently is. Then why wouldn't he be willing to work on the unreleased material?

What evidence do we have that he's willing to play those songs anyways? Eddie money said Chinese songs, but that doesn't mean soul monster and the general are going to get released, does it?