Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Powerage5

I could see it being Benicio del Toro saying "It's time for the Jedi to end". The voice definitely sounds like it could be him but it also sounds like it could be Luke. I wouldn't be surprised if it is del Toro and they're just leading us to believe it's Luke. Bencio Del Toro is in this movie and is a villain but he wasn't in the teaser. Same thing with Snoke. he wasn't in the teaser but he did speak in it. Interesting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

I think Luke says "I only know one truth..." and someone else says "It's time for the Jedi to end."

@Powerage5can we get a link to the teaser in the first post?

I didn't think that last line sounded like Luke either honestly.

And yeah - I just got home from work, it was too difficult to edit it in while on mobile. 

• Like 1

In my opinion, the trailer did its job.  

It's not suppose to answer any questions.  With TFA, curiosity was very broad.  Fans had no basis for what to expect since nothing was known about the characters and plot arcs.  

This time around there are a lot of specific questions that many, including myself, are extremely excited to discover.  

If you're disappointed by the trailer, it's likely because you wanted a little more clarification than what was provided.  But once you get over that fact, I think the trailer did satisfied.  It showed something without revealing anything.

If anything, the trailer raises more questions than clarifies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, downzy said:

In my opinion, the trailer did its job.  

It's not suppose to answer any questions.  With TFA, curiosity was very broad.  Fans had no basis for what to expect since nothing was known about the characters and plot arcs.  

This time around there are a lot of specific questions that many, including myself, are extremely excited to discover.  

If you're disappointed by the trailer, it's likely because you wanted a little more clarification than what was provided.  But once you get over that fact, I think the trailer did satisfied.  It showed something without revealing anything.

If anything, the trailer raises more questions than clarifies.

Nope. That isn't even remotely why I'm disappointed by the teaser. I don't understand why that's everyone who liked the teaser's go to when talking to those who didn't really like it. We're all grown ups, we all know what the purpose of a teaser is. It's to get you excited. I highly doubt there is anyone here who wanted answers or expected to learn anything. What I wanted was something new and different. Not a note for note rehash of The Force Awakens teaser. When I saw The Force Awakens teaser it didn't tell me anything either but it showed me some cool visuals and introduced characters and hit on nostalgia. Great, it did it's job and announced Star Wars is back. I was pumped up after watching it. When I saw Rogue One teaser it gave awesome visuals and some intense clips and did it's job as I felt it had the potential to be the best Star Wars movie yet.  When I saw The Last Jedi teaser I immediately thought "meh, I've seen this before." It was literally a note for note rehash of TFA teaser. I layed it out in my original post saying why I was very underwhelmed by it. It had NOTHING to do with me expecting or wanting answers. In fact that's the opposite of what I want. I want a cool teaser that gets me pumped up for the movie yet tells me very little. This teaser did not accomplish that. Like I said earlier I'm no more excited for this than I was yesterday and if anything I've tempered my expectations, at least until I see a trailer that pumps me up. I'm still excited to see the movie and will be there opening night but the fact this trailer is so divisive when TFA and Rogue One teasers were basically unanimously praised, shows this teaser did not do it's job nearly as well as the previous two have.  All day I've been reading people  comment on various sites telling me and others why we don't like it or taking it a step further and telling us we have no reason to dislike it and we're just haters. It's gotten beyond annoying. 

• Like 2

Some of you get way too worked up. A shitload of this teaser probably won't even be in the final movie, dialogue will be cut, and the scenes will be in a completely different context. 

It's just a reminder that a new SW is coming. The real shit will be in the next trailer.

• Like 3

New plot leak, most likely BS. I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case. 

Luke vowed never to touch a lightsaber again after ROTJ because he came so close to the dark side. 

He trained his students in only the force, that's why Kylo made his own lightsaber and the Knights of Ren have melee weapons. 

Rey's parentage is never mentioned (they already said it definitely would be explained). She's a nobody. This trilogy is the redemption of Kylo Ren. 

Benicio Del Toro kills Rey in the third act. (I can't see that happening). Luke has epic battle with and kills Del Toro. Del Toro made a deal with and betrayed Kylo.

Luke takes Kylo with him afterward.