Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Powerage5

Holy shit. I just had a dream I saw the movie. Quite interesting. I'll spoiler tag just because of the length, these aren't leaks, just pure dream. It only focused on the Rey/Luke storyline. Only a little Finn and Leia, no Poe, with a surprise return from an old fan favorite. I didn't do the math on the character's age, but they may be dead or way too old to help by TLJ.

The main points that I saw were with Luke and Rey. It focused on their training and it showed Luke's new rules, including "not turning to the blade". 

Luke and Rey end up going to some facility to help Leia and get separated when Kylo Ren appears and attacks Rey. She's about to lose when Luke shows up and goes medieval on his ass and tells Rey to go get help. 

Luke has Kylo pinned down and is forcing Kylo's saber closer to his face with his own. He yells at him "You killed your father! You were going to kill me! Now I'm going to kill you." Kylo's face looks like he's scared shitless, about to piss his pants. At this time a dark swirly cloud with lightning appears behind Luke with Snoke manifesting in it. Luke force throws Kylo into some kind of box or something and locks him in. 

Luke tries using lightning against Snoke, but it goes through him because he hadn't fully appeared. Luke looks at him and says "So you're Snoke". Snoke says something about what Skywalkers have in common: "patricide" and asks where Rey went. 

During the Kylo/Luke fight, Rey meets up with Finn and they find Leia and the leaders of the Resistance. With Leia and the Resistance is an older Ahsoka Tano. Rey tells them Luke is there and she is to take them to safety. She leads them into a corridor with Luke who's been captured by Snoke. She is about to close the doors to trap them all in and kill them. She aims a blaster at Luke, and Leia jumps in the way taking a shot to her chest. 

Finn is able to overpower Rey, but she runs off, getting into a ship. Luke, Leia (dying, but still giving out orders), and Chewie get into the Falcon and chase after her while Ahsoka is in a TIE fighter going with them. 

Rey manages  escape off planet and Luke says he shouldn't have trained her. He said he knew it would end up like this, because Snoke is right about there being a curse where Skywalkers kill their fathers. He "killed" Vader, Kylo killed Han, and Rey was attempting to kill him. 

Leia dies on the Falcon after telling Luke there's still good in both Kylo and Rey, he only needs to show them. It ended with a funeral for Leia with the force ghost of Anakin looking on. Luke says he's leaving to get Kylo and Rey, and kill Snoke, and gets in a ship, possibly his X-Wing. The last shot is his ship going into hyperspace.

Edited by luciusfunk

On 2017-04-23 at 11:19 AM, luciusfunk said:

Holy shit. I just had a dream I saw the movie. Quite interesting. I'll spoiler tag just because of the length, these aren't leaks, just pure dream. It only focused on the Rey/Luke storyline. Only a little Finn and Leia, no Poe, with a surprise return from an old fan favorite. I didn't do the math on the character's age, but they may be dead or way too old to help by TLJ.

Reveal hidden contents

The main points that I saw were with Luke and Rey. It focused on their training and it showed Luke's new rules, including "not turning to the blade". 

Luke and Rey end up going to some facility to help Leia and get separated when Kylo Ren appears and attacks Rey. She's about to lose when Luke shows up and goes medieval on his ass and tells Rey to go get help. 

Luke has Kylo pinned down and is forcing Kylo's saber closer to his face with his own. He yells at him "You killed your father! You were going to kill me! Now I'm going to kill you." Kylo's face looks like he's scared shitless, about to piss his pants. At this time a dark swirly cloud with lightning appears behind Luke with Snoke manifesting in it. Luke force throws Kylo into some kind of box or something and locks him in. 

Luke tries using lightning against Snoke, but it goes through him because he hadn't fully appeared. Luke looks at him and says "So you're Snoke". Snoke says something about what Skywalkers have in common: "patricide" and asks where Rey went. 

During the Kylo/Luke fight, Rey meets up with Finn and they find Leia and the leaders of the Resistance. With Leia and the Resistance is an older Ahsoka Tano. Rey tells them Luke is there and she is to take them to safety. She leads them into a corridor with Luke who's been captured by Snoke. She is about to close the doors to trap them all in and kill them. She aims a blaster at Luke, and Leia jumps in the way taking a shot to her chest. 

Finn is able to overpower Rey, but she runs off, getting into a ship. Luke, Leia (dying, but still giving out orders), and Chewie get into the Falcon and chase after her while Ahsoka is in a TIE fighter going with them. 

Rey manages  escape off planet and Luke says he shouldn't have trained her. He said he knew it would end up like this, because Snoke is right about there being a curse where Skywalkers kill their fathers. He "killed" Vader, Kylo killed Han, and Rey was attempting to kill him. 

Leia dies on the Falcon after telling Luke there's still good in both Kylo and Rey, he only needs to show them. It ended with a funeral for Leia with the force ghost of Anakin looking on. Luke says he's leaving to get Kylo and Rey, and kill Snoke, and gets in a ship, possibly his X-Wing. The last shot is his ship going into hyperspace.

Pretty sure Ahsoka was killed in Star Wars Rebels. I don't think it's been confirmed but all points that way. 

15 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

Pretty sure Ahsoka was killed in Star Wars Rebels. I don't think it's been confirmed but all points that way. 

I've seen the first four or five episodes. But didn't Dave Filoni have a shirt at Celebration that said "Ahsoka Lives"? Not that I'm expecting Ahsoka to be in VIII or IX. 

Edited by luciusfunk

5 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

I've seen the first four or five episodes. But didn't Dave Filoni have a shirt at Celebration that said "Ahsoka Lives"?

Keep watching, by season 2 it get's really good and season 3 was great, it'll conclude in the 4th season coming this fall. I liked it more than the Clone Wars but I've only seen the first two seasons I think. I have no idea about that shirt but it seems way too specific for you to make it up :D

Just remembered that Ahsoka will be featured in that new animated series focusing on the heroines of star wars, maybe his shirt was in reference to that?

Edited by CheapJon

Just now, CheapJon said:

Keep watching, by season 2 it get's really good and season 3 was great, it'll conclude in the 4th season coming this fall. I liked it more than the Clone Wars but I've only seen the first two seasons I think. I have no idea about that shirt but it seems way too specific for you to make it up :D

I've read about Rebels and it sounds like it gets better, but the first season sucks so far. I've seen a few scenes with Rex, Ahsoka, Vader, and the Obi-Wan/Maul duel. 

I really liked the Clone Wars, especially after season two. My only complaint is the viewing order isn't the release order. 

FILMS // APRIL 25, 2017

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX AND NEXT INDIANA JONES GET RELEASE DATES

FIND OUT WHEN THE TWO HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED FILMS WILL HIT THEATERS.

The Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm announced today two major upcoming release dates.

Star Wars: Episode IX is now set for release on May 24, 2019. Directed by Colin Trevorrow, the film will close out the third Star Wars trilogy.

In addition, the fifth chapter of the Indiana Jones series is now confirmed for a July 10, 2020 release. Both Steven Spielberg, director of every Indiana Jones film, and star Harrison Ford will return.

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

4 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

I've read about Rebels and it sounds like it gets better, but the first season sucks so far. I've seen a few scenes with Rex, Ahsoka, Vader, and the Obi-Wan/Maul duel. 

I really liked the Clone Wars, especially after season two. My only complaint is the viewing order isn't the release order. 

Yes, TCW episodes not being in chronological order didn't work for me, it works for Pulp Fiction but not an animated series like that. I'll watch the later seasons at some point as I read that they're in chonological order? Figure I gotta torrent them as Netflix US is blocked in Sweden since a couple of months back.

9 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

I've seen the first four or five episodes. But didn't Dave Filoni have a shirt at Celebration that said "Ahsoka Lives"? Not that I'm expecting Ahsoka to be in VIII or IX. 

Yep. He had the "Ahsoka Lives?" t-shirt. And after the trailer he came back in the "Ahsoka Lives!" t-shirt.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...