Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Powerage5

Laura Dern is one of the new female cast. I also read somewhere they are casting or have already casted a female love interest for Finn. Can't remember the girls in the running for the part though, all I remember is that they were doing chemistry readings still.

2 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Elaborate. That question is super vague dude

What makes these characters (and actors) worthwhile in a Star Wars film? The black guy was in it for a good length of the movie, but the white guy with the punch able face sounds like a smug asshole and thankfully absent for the majority of Force Awakens.  

Why the fuck is he in the movie? Obviously Rey is the true protagonist. They don't need that dingus, especially when his only purpose is to be the next Harrison Ford, a role in which he fails. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Normally I'd be like "that's too weird" but considering how Force Awakens got so much flack for not being unique or original enough, I welcome all the weirdness they have to offer!

We gettin' weird for sure. Everyone who's on the inside is saying Rian Johnson is taking VIII to places Star Wars has never gone before.

Star Wars better go to places we've never been before. I get why The Force Awakens drew so much from the original trilogy. It almost had to. They needed to restore the fan's faith and let us know we're not gonna move forward with garbage like the prequels and it will in fact be Star Wars the way we know it and love it. Now they can venture out now to uncharted territories as they should.

Poor Han has a funeral with no body. 

• Like 2