Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Powerage5

Mmmmm....rey with her hair down...

EDIT: I just realized that rey is wearing black underneath her tunic and finn is wearing white. In the previous film it was the reverse. Is that symbolism for something? Or am I just reading too much into shit that isn't really there?

Edited by rocknroll41

It's been revealed in the new canon novel Star Wars Aftermath: Empire's End that Jar Jar lost his job as a senator after he "made some mistakes" and is now a street performance clown for children. The book specifically states that while the kids love to laugh at him, the adults all hate him and pretend he isn't there. They don't even want to speak his name (get it?).

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-star-wars-aftermath-novel-reveals-the-pitiful-1792481018

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

He's just playing the long con, we'll find out in IX that he's Snoke. 

When do we think we'll get the first teaser? At this year's Celebration, or before that?

There's no telling. I thought we'd have something more than a title already. 

• Like 1

They're saying there will be a sizzle reel at Star Wars celebration in April.

also some podcast that films their discussions said that Hamill would come on their show soon and that when he does they'll have the "first look" of the movie. But they said that weeks ago and haven't said anything else about it since. So I guess talks fell thru and it didn't work out.

17 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Kathleen Kennedy said it's gonna have the style of a spaghetti western - that excites me. Some good casting choices, most exciting being Donald Glover as Lando. But overall...I'm less excited about that one for sure. 

I'm all for exploring different genres within the universe, but I don't know, I just don't want to see yet another origin story. My hope for the film is they don't overexplain anything. If they sick to a fun filled western adventure then it could work. If they shoehorn in the Kessel run and Han meeting Chewbacca then I'll be disappointed. It just feels redundant and I always feel like the more they try to explain, the more some of the fun mysteries get ruined.

It'll get to the point where they announce a nature documentary style Star Wars film on the origins of moisture farming.

That said, I'm also a total hypocrite because I'm 100% for an Obi-Wan film. :lol:

• Like 2