Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Powerage5

If that's the case, I see the first teaser dropping before Celebration. Absolutely no fucking way our first look at VIII will be a behind the scenes sizzle reel 8 months before release.

We had our first teaser for TFA in November 2014 (15 months ahead of release), and our first Rogue One teaser in April 2016 (8 months ahead of release). I'd be very surprised if the first RO teaser was out sooner than the first TLJ teaser.

• Like 1

I can't even remember where I read that - it might have come from one of the comments on the Facebook page for Celebration so it might not end up being the case. If true, then either right before or right after I imagine we'll get a proper teaser.

In the mean time I need to decide which version of Rogue One to pre-order. The Best Buy steel is pretty "meh" for $35 so I might actually go for the Wal-Mart K-2SO cover.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

I can't even remember where I read that - it might have come from one of the comments on the Facebook page for Celebration so it might not end up being the case. If true, then either right before or right after I imagine we'll get a proper teaser.

In the mean time I need to decide which version of Rogue One to pre-order. The Best Buy steel is pretty "meh" for $35 so I might actually go for the Wal-Mart K-2SO cover.

I'm going for the Best Buy steel, as from my understanding, that's the only one than includes the 3D disc.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎23 at 11:34 PM, Powerage5 said:

I'm going for the Best Buy steel, as from my understanding, that's the only one than includes the 3D disc.

Quoting you again because I see the Target version also includes the 3D version as well as an additional disc with some extra bonus features. It seems to be the most as far as disc content goes.

I'm debating between the Steelbook (lots of fans raving about the artwork but I think it's ugly) and the Wal-Mart cover with K-2SO. It's a $5 difference so I'm not overly concerned. First world problems. :lol:

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

I don't get how people can say the Han Solo film looks too white - fucking Lando is one of the main characters in it.

Exactly. It;s fucking absurd. People in general have jumped the shark and as a human race we've become a cesspool of idiocracy. 

• Like 3

Definitely picking up the Best Buy steelbook. Also got TFA steelbook last year. Already have the Blu Rays for the first six, but I'd like to get the steelbooks for those as well. 

Got some rumors about D23 (whatever that is). https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/02/rumor-why-you-should-be-excited-for-disneys-d23-event-this-year.html

I've held off on the steels of the first six for now. They're nice, but it's hard to justify spending $18 per film for the exact same discs I already own - arguably with less content since the steels don't have the three extras discs that come with the standard Blu set of the saga. I only paid $55 for the Blu set so I'd be paying three times that just for cool packaging. I hope to see the day Disney does a steelbook release of the theatrical versions - at that point I'll be happy to double dip.