Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Powerage5

I've got two copies (one unopened) of the "faces" trilogy, the last time they were released on VHS before the special editions. 

They're actually really cheap on eBay. I got mine for Christmas back in 1995 and then I got the unopened one at a record store here in town. The problem might be a VCR though. I haven't looked into prices, but my wife said that record store was selling them for $75. Then again, they buy them and completely restore them and only sell them after making sure they work. 

Then there's the 2006 DVDs that had the bonus disc with the unaltered versions. Everyone says they're a crappy laserdisc transfer, but I can't give my opinion because I haven't watched them since 2006. 

59 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

The covers for Rogue One are... not good.

But I'll still buy the crap out of them either way.

I ended up preordering the steel from Best Buy but I agree. The DVD is the only cover with the Vader image in the Death Star, the standard Blu is a butchered version of the poster, and the steel is disappointing. Wal-Mart has terrible shipping rates or I would have gone with the K-2SO cover.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

I ended up preordering the steel from Best Buy but I agree. The DVD is the only cover with the Vader image in the Death Star, the standard Blu is a butchered version of the poster, and the steel is disappointing. Wal-Mart has terrible shipping rates or I would have gone with the K-2SO cover.

Ship to store? Or just pick it up at midnight on release day? I don't understand pre-ordering. I've never gotten a pre-order on release date and I've never seen a store run out of something I wanted. 

1 hour ago, luciusfunk said:

Ship to store? Or just pick it up at midnight on release day? I don't understand pre-ordering. I've never gotten a pre-order on release date and I've never seen a store run out of something I wanted. 

My local Best Buy absolutely sucks for stock - especially for steel books. Even if the site says they're in stock at the store it's always quite the opposite. These days I generally order from the site and consistently get them the day of release or the day after. It's not a big deal to me if it's not the day of.

Wal-Mart Canada's site sucks for small stuff because they only offer free shipping at $50 and no shipping to store.

50 minutes ago, James Bond said:

My local Best Buy absolutely sucks for stock - especially for steel books. Even if the site says they're in stock at the store it's always quite the opposite. These days I generally order from the site and consistently get them the day of release or the day after. It's not a big deal to me if it's not the day of.

Wal-Mart Canada's site sucks for small stuff because they only offer free shipping at $50 and no shipping to store.

Ah, didn't realize you were in Canada. Luckily I've hardly had any problems with Best Buy. The biggest issue I had with them was last December when they had buy 2/get 1 free video games, they didn't have any of them on the shelves and wouldn't look in the back even though their site said that exact store had at least three copies of each in stock. 

Plus I live in a medium sized Texas city without tons of Star Wars fans. The 2 PM showing of TFA was packed on opening day, but the early showing wasn't, nor was Rogue One in the afternoon or evening of opening night. 

I just haven't had luck pre-ordering. The only things I pre-order are things like music from Pledge Music that gives me incentives for pre-ordering, or if I get a digital version early. 

Edited by luciusfunk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Were there? I've only seen the one which my theater had (The Star Destroyer outline with the characters within it).

I liked that one, but yeah, a quick google will bring up at least two or three different posters. 

IMAX-Posters-Rogue-One.png

Edited by luciusfunk
  • Like 1

Indecisive me ended up cancelling my Best Buy order and going with the K-2SO one from Wal-Mart which was my first choice. Never have I had so much trouble choosing a movie cover. :lol:

I had added an 88 cent ball point pen to the Best Buy order to get the free shipping initially. So I canceled the preorder but apparently they already sent the pen. I'll display it happily on my Star Wars shelf to always remind me that the struggle was real.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I'm waiting for the Bond/Star Wars crossover. Daniel Craig and Mads Mikkelsen have both been in Star Wars now, and Benicio Del Toro will be in Episode VIII. All we need is an anthology film linking them.

Quantum of the Force: A James Bond Story

Well first you should concentrate on your next movie. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Jason seems to have much less information on "The Last Jedi". This time into TFA's development he leaked a lot more. I don't know if I believe him completely now, its confirmed his source no longer works for Lucasfilm, right?

I didn't even view that as a leak, I thought it was confirmed long ago the republic was destroyed, like you know by Starkiller base, I mean it was in the movie.

Just now, tsinindy said:

I didn't even view that as a leak, I thought it was confirmed long ago the republic was destroyed, like you know by Starkiller base, I mean it was in the movie.

Its vague enough to be a guess or a light leak. I don't think the Republic should be destroyed completely, just in chaos. Starkiller destroyed one star system, there's a whole galaxy out there. The ENTIRE Republic wouldn't have been on Hosnian. Its arbitrary, though, they could definitely just have the Republic be a non factor again. I think that is stupid, personally. We already had Empire vs. Rebels in the OT. Having an emerging First Order against a larger but crumbling Republic is more interesting.

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Its vague enough to be a guess or a light leak. I don't think the Republic should be destroyed completely, just in chaos. Starkiller destroyed one star system, there's a whole galaxy out there. The ENTIRE Republic wouldn't have been on Hosnian. Its arbitrary, though, they could definitely just have the Republic be a non factor again. I think that is stupid, personally. We already had Empire vs. Rebels in the OT. Having an emerging First Order against a larger but crumbling Republic is more interesting.

Yah, fair enough....I can agree with that.   Maybe I'm getting confused with the novelization and what it said.  I do agree your vision or version seems more intriguing than an obliterated republic :)