Will there be major changes in the GN'R shows and axl's way of performing?

Now with these shows coming up with Slash and Duff back and eventually Izzy Steven and maybe Matt joining on stage here and there do you guys think we Will see a more classic vibe and approach on stage? Unlike the Whole production we have seen from GN'R in the past years and Unlike Crue, Kiss the Scorpions and other bands are doing?

Like a more UYI kinda vibe with a huge stage but without too many screens and pyro's and stuff? A real stadium experience And will axl dress more fitting to that vibe without the big hats and Jackets and do you think his way of singing the songs and moving to the songs will be different? And these really sensitive jams of slash and co from back in the day would we see that coming back? Like wild horses and mother and stuff? I would like to know what people on here expect

While I don't think Axl will suddenly travel back 25 years in time and be as fit and running as much as on the UYI tour, I certainly hope and think that he'll at least be in 2006 form physically and vocally. That means he'll probably snake dance more often and run around a fair bit, but as I said, don't expect him to show up as a 30-year-old man at the absolute top of his game.

28 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

something tells me that they are going to cut the set to 2 hours. 3 hours is a heavy thing on a long tour. Just because of that i expect better vocal performances by Axl, less running around.

I still expect the shows to be around 3 hours myself. That's including time for solos and what not which I assume they'd still include. 

I can see Frank and Richard readjusting how they play the songs to fit more with the "classic" Guns sound. They're both proven professionals so I imagine that one of the big parts of the rehearsals is finding that middle ground between the how they've been playing the songs with the CD-era Guns and how they'll play them differently to mesh more with Slash and Duff. Richard maybe not so much (he'll just be playing less solos since obviously Slash will be playing his own parts), but Frank especially. Bring on the proper Brownstone intro!

I'm really hoping for some kick ass shows in Vegas. 

My wish list for Vegas 

*Go on stage by 10:15 and/or no later than 45 min after any opening act.

*25+ songs/3 hours or so (Springsteen is old and plays 3 hours nightly).

*An interested/motivated Axl...which I think we will have.  No way he reunites with Slash n Duff and then just goes through the motions like with Nu Guns.

*Some genuine interaction with Slash & Duff.  At least fake it if ya have too.

*Keep Fortus and Pitman in rear of stage....the less we see of them the better.

*An Izzy and or Steven appearance.

*A rant...on anything...just a good classic rant.

*Paradise City somewhere in main set.

*Mix up the sets by 10 songs or so fro night 2

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

you never know with Axl..but Slash and Duff will perform in a boring, predictable and professional manner because they aren't getting drunk/high anymore. 

It was not only about getting high. The guys had insane chemistry on stage, I hope that's still the case. However, if the underpants do come back, I bet the interaction between them won't be the center of attention. 

14 hours ago, Estranged1 said:

I'm really hoping for some kick ass shows in Vegas. 

My wish list for Vegas 

*Go on stage by 10:15 and/or no later than 45 min after any opening act.

*25+ songs/3 hours or so (Springsteen is old and plays 3 hours nightly).

*An interested/motivated Axl...which I think we will have.  No way he reunites with Slash n Duff and then just goes through the motions like with Nu Guns.

*Some genuine interaction with Slash & Duff.  At least fake it if ya have too.

*Keep Fortus and Pitman in rear of stage....the less we see of them the better.

*An Izzy and or Steven appearance.

*A rant...on anything...just a good classic rant.

*Paradise City somewhere in main set.

*Mix up the sets by 10 songs or so fro night 2

Add in Axl being a couple hours late and a barely adverted (or not adverted) catastrophe and you've got yourself a good GNR show. That's what I want for my money anyway.

I don't think it's going to be vastly different from what we've seen over the last few years. I think Slash will just slot into the status quo pretty much as Duff did on the last tour, I could see the sets being a little shorter but I still think Axl will want to factor in some breaks to disappear and do whatever he does. I will be surprised if the set isn't shaken up a bit perhaps a couple of different covers or deeper cuts, maybe not in the first couple of shows but further down the line.

It's probably going to be a work in progress to some extent, in keeping with how it has played out generally so far. I don't think they are going to attempt to reboot the UYI era but I might be proven wrong.

• Like 1

I hope there are major changes on this tour.  Hopefully Axls in better shape and dressing better without the disguised look of the hat and jackets.  I also hope the set list is cut some.   I can't stand all the solos, they need to go as well as all the covers.  I'd prefer a shorter higher energy set without all the fluff that's sucks all the energy out of the room. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

Add in Axl being a couple hours late and a barely adverted (or not adverted) catastrophe and you've got yourself a good GNR show. That's what I want for my money anyway.

He is hardly Bernard Shakey with his set lists, is he?

Unless Slash can persuade him to reintroduce Double Talkin' Jive (Slash was playing it with The Conspirators), I expect the same static setlist as 2014. (They will probably still open with Chinese if this rumour of them doing new band material is true!). Slash will have his Godfather theme and Duff will have his song of course, whether it be So Fine, Attitude or New Rose; that should be interesting.

He just needs to take it serious and give it 110% like he always used to. Part of that is getting into shape.. He is older now so it will take more work. I think the fans deserve the next Axl they can get. He is getting a pretty pay check after all.

Could care less about Pyro.. This isn't KISS or Motley Crue.. The Screens and lights are cool but I'm not a big fan of the catwalks and shit. I like to see bands rock out and interact with each other. Feed off each others energy.

Will there be major changes in the GN'R shows and axl's way of performing?

All we can do is hope. It could be more of the same, which would be very disappointing, but then they could use this as an opportunity to reinvigorate the band.

I try to keep my expectations low, but my hopes are;

• Overhaul the stage design. Something more fitting and create, rather than looking like someone in GNR gets a discount at the effects shop.
  • Axl is more engaged. He dumps the washed-up Elvis phase and has some spark to him.
  • I'd like them to pick the songs as they go, like the UYI era. Have a spontaneous more energised vibe about them, not the drudge and predictability of nuGNR.

I don't think that's too much.

• Like 3

I feel like there's not going to be all the bells and whistles the stage had during 09-14 and the Vegas shows. Hopefully it's more like the UYI stage in 1993- still large, but more stripped down. As for Axl, hopefully he and Slash and Duff pick up where they left off as far as chemistry goes.