A good test song for adler

All right what great footage you have yourself after watching the BBC4 the day i just happened to be travelling in London to watch in my hotel. Out of the entire documentary I was blown away by how good Steven was back then and it was like he was one of the lead instruments in some of those clips... Not only does that footage look like the best version of GNR live, but Steven is going nuts there...what do you think is a good test song for steven to dominate and based on that be successful in transitioning in GNR. 

My vote is if he can do Nice Boys at the same pace on Lies then he's golden. I'd love to see that...Going to both Mexico Shows! 

• 2 weeks later...

I think what makes the most sense is to have him show up at the end of the first gig, maybe right before the encore. So, assuming their setlist will be the same as it has been since 2001, I would guess Steven could likely play on Nightrain, as well as everything in the encore (meaning Patience and Paradise City and (I guess) Used to Love Her). 

• Like 1

Agree Steven will be at the end of gig & possibly before encore, definitely can see Nightrain as a possibility as he has played recently with 'ADLER', just can't get me head around him playing drums in Patience, was there much patience drumming back in the day?? I know Matt made it happen in 1991

On 2/25/2016 at 8:58 PM, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Agree Steven will be at the end of gig & possibly before encore, definitely can see Nightrain as a possibility as he has played recently with 'ADLER', just can't get me head around him playing drums in Patience, was there much patience drumming back in the day?? I know Matt made it happen in 1991

I saw them play Patience a few months before Lies came out and they did do it with drums. And then of course there's Don Henley doing it on TV with them, so they were doing it that way before 91.

• Like 1