Did Dizzy Reed cut all ties with Slash during the GN'R Civil War?

Thinking about Slash and Dizzy seeing eachother again for the first time makes me cringe. Awkward handshake...

I don't think they had a relationship period. 

He also made some little jabs at VR back in the day:

"I say good luck, and I hope they have a good time — and they should enjoy it 'cause Izzy'll probably quit in a couple of weeks," the 39-year-old Reed told United Press International.

"I think some of those guys really go complacent," Dizzy continued.

Edited by Ant

Just wait until you see a pic of Axl and Slash with Duff and/or Izzy maybe smiling or playing a Gn'R slot machine . Let's see if that shit won't hit you in the feels. Or maybe I'm just sentimental when it comes to Guns, but these people were not in direct contact for nearly 20 years.

It's been months since that Swedish Slash interview. Slash is still in Guns. Probably talked and met by now. It's cool on more than one level. I hope it lasts for at least enough time to close the final chapter on a high note with an album and a good tour.

2 hours ago, Ant said:

Thinking about Slash and Dizzy seeing eachother again for the first time makes me cringe. Awkward handshake...

I don't think they had a relationship period. 

He also made some little jabs at VR back in the day:

"I say good luck, and I hope they have a good time — and they should enjoy it 'cause Izzy'll probably quit in a couple of weeks," the 39-year-old Reed told United Press International.

"I think some of those guys really go complacent," Dizzy continued.

Let's not also forget Dizzy Reed's Hall of Fame rebuttal, cravenly arriving mere days after Axl''s two missives? Interestingly though he played on It's Five O' Clock Somewhere!

Edited by DieselDaisy

What I found curious was that Duff mentioned Dizzy only two or three times in his first book and called him a ''touring musician''. In a way it does make sense seeing as he played on less than half of the songs on UYI, but still... he was considered to be an official member as far as I know of.

I don't know about Slash and Dizzy... he did play on the Snakepit record, which was kinda a friends project to begin with, so I'm sure they got along at the time.

Edited by EvanG

I have a television spot/interview of Guns (minus Axl) on a boating incursion in Greek waters - this was during the 1993 Skin N' Bones leg. Dizzy seems like a regular parting member of the posse. Ironically he probably was in contact with Slash more than Axl on the Illusion tour, Axl traveling separate. It is weird because you would perhaps believe he was more a member of the Slash camp at this point, factoring in that he was in Snakepit later and did 'Magic Carpet Ride' with Slash. But as we know he remained loyal to Axl. Originally of course Slash was against his appointment.

You have to remember that he had been a regular boozer when GN'R were living and rehearsing at the Gardner flea pit. His band were in the rehearsal space next door. They used to buy crates of cheap beer and sell it to the local lowlifes and have this massive party in the alleyways after the clubs had shut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have a television spot/interview of Guns (minus Axl) on a boating incursion in Greek waters - this was during the 1993 Skin N' Bones leg. Dizzy seems like a regular parting member of the posse. Ironically he probably was in contact with Slash more than Axl on the Illusion tour, Axl traveling separate. It is weird because you would perhaps believe

Why would you perhaps believe? that's weird. If it wasn't for Axl, Dizzy would have probably been on the street and never in Gn'R. Slash doesn't want keyboard players.

Fact is Axl is responsible for the many paychecks Dizzy Reed has received for hitting those keys. Friendship is nice, loyalty too, but money can get you ass, coke, weed, and alcohol.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Why would you perhaps believe? that's weird. If it wasn't for Axl, Dizzy would have probably been on the street and never in Gn'R. Slash doesn't want keyboard players.

Fact is Axl is responsible for the many paychecks Dizzy Reed has received for hitting those keys. Friendship is nice, loyalty too, but money can get you ass, coke, weed, and alcohol.

...looking back on the Illusion period, up to about when Slash joined Guns - looking at the tv interviews etc. If you are going to pick apart absolutely everything I say, at least include subsequent sentences such as,

But as we know he remained loyal to Axl. Originally of course Slash was against his appointment.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

...looking back on the Illusion period, up to about when Slash joined Guns - looking at the tv interviews etc. If you are going to pick apart absolutely everything I say, at least include subsequent sentences such as,

So that sentence included makes it not weird. So why was it weird that Dizzy Reed sided with the man who gave him money to play keys? you say one thing and then you say but as we know. So if we know it's not weird. Your post was sub par in quality, and frankly, I'm not surprised.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

So that sentence included makes it not weird. So why was it weird that Dizzy Reed sided with the man who gave him money to play keys? you say one thing and then you say but as we know. So if we know it's not weird. Your post was sub par in quality, and frankly, I'm not surprised.

You still, after all this time, have not grasped the subjunctive mood. It is difficult enough in Latin but in English it is remarkably easy.

• Like 1

I could always take Dizzy or leave him.. I always thought he was kind of a weirdo once I saw him on those Making The Fn Videos.. As for contributions to the band, he has his purpose on a few songs.. Gn'R were perfectly fine without him during the Appetite Lies era though. 

9 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

How funny is it that no one has ever asked dizzy about his relationship with slash over the years?!

Probably because not too many people care about the Dizzman.. He is just there.. I know that isn't entirely true for everyone.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Probably because not too many people care about the Dizzman.. He is just there.. I know that isn't entirely true for everyone.

He's still been a part of guns n roses since 1990. Just saying, I would have asked him about slash, Matt sorum and some of the others. Would have made for a good read

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

But guns weren't supposed to get stuck in the AFD or Lies era.

Dizzy adds A LOT to the sound of GNR in UYI. His playing improves those songs.

Like I said, he did have a purpose on a few songs.. What ones I am not sure. Most people seem to say the Illusions albums would have been better if they were a little more raw and stripped down.  I think they could have been fine without him or even better. Axl is a damn good piano player. 

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You still, after all this time, have not grasped the subjunctive mood. It is difficult enough in Latin but in English it is remarkably easy.

Yes Daisy. I need to invest more time in grasping the real internet you, to feel the vibe and just know what the fuck you're talking about and that does mean grasping the subjunctive moods of all your shitposts.

We can try this in French and maybe we'll capture a mood we can both grasp and be cool with so we can properly discuss Dizzy Reed and loyalty.

Edited by Rovim

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Yes Daisy. I Need to invest more time in grasping the real internet you, to feel the vibe and just know what the fuck you're talking about and that does mean grasping the subjunctive moods of all your shitposts.

We can try this in French and maybe we'll capture a mood we can both grasp and be cool with so we can properly discuss Dizzy Reed and loyalty.

That makes barely any sense.